PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Outer Bldgs?

txdisneyfanatic
04-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Hi, I'd like to hear from anyone who's stayed in the outer bldgs at the Grand Floridian. We are considering changing our reservations to this resort, and this is all that is available. Thanks so much for your advice!! :mickey:

faline
04-20-2014, 04:17 PM
We stayed in Boca Chica and enjoyed it very much. We were very close to the pool - which is now the quiet pool and were at the very end of the building - overlooking Narcoosee's. We even had a partial view of the fireworks from our room. The grounds are so lovely, it was a never a problem to walk to the main building from our location.

SurferStitch
04-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Most if our stays were in Boca Chica. We usually got a water view room there, though the garden view is wonderful as well. We've also stated in Big Pine Key. This building is equally as nice.

We were upgraded one time from a standard garden view room to Sufarloaf, and we loved it there as well. The free concierge upgrade for 13 days was amazing!

The Royal Palm concierge level in the main building was wonderful, but in all honesty, we love the other buildings just as much. You can't pick a bad one!!

AgentC
04-21-2014, 08:59 AM
We stayed in Sago Key which is one of furthest building from the feature pool and main areas. WE were very close to the quick serve and though we did not have a MK view we could see a little of the fireworks and the view from the courtyard was lovely.

The grounds are relatively compact so everything was within a few minutes walk even the feature pool. I would stay there again.

Lindsey
04-28-2014, 03:58 PM
My husband and I prefer the outer buildings, our favorite is Conch Key. :mickey:

RedSoxFan
04-29-2014, 07:31 AM
We stayed in Conch Key and I loved it. Great view and not far from anything. :mickey:

txdisneyfanatic
06-01-2014, 12:21 PM
This will be our 1st experience with the Grand Floridian and we are wondering which building we should request? Pros/Cons, etc. Thanks so much for any advice! :mickey:

txdisneyfanatic
06-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Thanks everyone!!