PDA

View Full Version : First night at campgrounds

IloveJack
04-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Our trip is split between Disney and St. Augustine, so we'll only be at Disney for 2 full days and 2 half days. We're doing the parks on the 2 full days, and non-park things on arrival and departure day.
My question is what would you do on arrival night? I had thought about arriving at check-in, setting up the tents, swimming, and then going to DTD for dinner and shopping. However, we can also do DTD on departure day, and save this night for the water pageant/campfire/(can you see Wishes?).
We're 4 adults (us and my parents) and 3 children (5, turning 3, and turning 1). Would the kids enjoy the water pageant? How crowded is the campfire? If we don't go to DTD, where should we eat dinner (CS, please)?

Thanks!!

faline
04-17-2014, 09:53 AM
You can see Wishes from the beach at the campground.

I've never gone to the campfire so can't tell you how busy it gets - I suspect it may vary.

You could eat dinner at Pioneer Hall though that's not really a counter service. If you want counter service, you could go over to Wilderness Lodge and eat at Roaring Forks or head over to the Contemporary (or one of the other monorail resorts) and eat at the quick service there.

Goofeygal
04-17-2014, 07:33 PM
The campfire is great. Go early for the Chip and Dale sing along. It does not get crazy crowded, it is so much fun. The Water pageant is a must see along with Wishes. There is also a paved path that goes to Wilderness Lodge that is a very nice walk.:mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
04-18-2014, 11:09 PM
They have family dinners that you can get from the counter at the Trails End Buffet. Pizza and fried chicken meals are the two main ones. The fried chicken is really good! And it's not that expensive. You can also hop on the boat and take it to the Contemporary Resort. Their counter service is right beside the monorail- it's fun to sit there and watch the monorail go by above you! And they have some of the best gift shops around!

Chip N Dales is really fun but I've seen it be totally packed. Go early to get a seat. It's fun and interactive. Once the sing-along is over lots of people leave, so the movie is usually much less crowded.

Also don't forget to check out the horse barn set back from Pioneer Hall. That is where all the big Belgian and Clydesdale horses are kept from the MK. You can walk in part of the way to see them!

You will love Fort Wilderness! We sold our trailer years ago and still go back to FW at least twice each trip for long walks and dinner at Trails End. We love it there!

whitney37354
04-21-2014, 03:27 PM
After setting up camp our first night, we went to the Campfire sing-a-long. We left before the movie, & walked to the beach to watch Wishes & the electrical parade.

IloveJack
04-21-2014, 10:22 PM
After setting up camp our first night, we went to the Campfire sing-a-long. We left before the movie, & walked to the beach to watch Wishes & the electrical parade.

I think this is just what we'll do. Thanks!!