PDA

View Full Version : Rock Your Disney Side All-nighter Advice

Briar-Rose
04-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Hello,

I am planing on going to Disneyland for the event. I have not been to any of the all-nighters in the past and would like some advice. What time should I show up to be towards the front of the line for the 6am opening. Do you have any advice on how to keep going the whole 24 hours? What should I expect in terms of special entertainment? Do you have any other general advice for the event?

Thank you! :mickey:

Disney4us2
04-17-2014, 01:49 PM
I have done this twice now. For the Leap year all nighter. I didn't really plan on going, but then afternoon, we got into the car and went for it.

I managed to hit afternoon rush hour traffic. Coming from 1 hour north on I-5, it took just over an hour. That was just to the freeway exit. It took us over two hours to go from the freeway exit into the parking lot. By the time we actually got into the park it was 8pm. It was sooooo crowded we left around 1am. Most of the special merchandise was already sold out. I got a tshirt, but they didn't have small sizes left for my DD.

The second time was last year for the "Eyemazing" Monsters University all nighter. This I planned. We got there near park opening time and had no problems. We went right into DCA first. I got all the special merchandise first thing. My DD was wearing all of her items and we were snagged for a picture from a Disney CM and got to be in the Disney Parks Blog.

If you are staying on property(or near by), no problems getting there. Get to the parks early if you want the special merchandise. Make sure you are in Disneyland in the late afternoon, early evening. I think they close DCA at the regular time. We were on the train for the LEAP event and from the station we could see the line all the way back to DCA. The DL entrances were closed due to capicity.

We didn't stay for the whole event and opted to make the hour drive back home. To do that... I used No Doze. You could try that or lots of caffine to stay awake for the event.

Would I do it again.... OH YES..it is a lot of fun and a real party atmosphere. Have fun:mickey: