PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Lodge Villa

SueQ
04-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Has anyone ever stayed in a value studio villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge?? We are thinking of this for our trip next year.

sassafras
04-15-2014, 05:32 PM
We have a couple of times. The value villa is supposed to be smaller, but the only difference we noticed was that the bedside table was a little closer to the bed. We figured we don't spend lots of time in our room, pretty much are there to sleep, so we opted for the value.

Disney4us2
04-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Haven't been lucky enough to be able to get a value. Have stayed in a standard view twice..once at Kidani and once at Jambo. Going again on Friday with a standard view at Kidani. The rooms at Kidani are the same as the ones with the savannah view. I like the room at Kidani better than Jambo. It is just a bit bigger.

mickeyman42
04-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Haven't been lucky enough to be able to get a value. Have stayed in a standard view twice..once at Kidani and once at Jambo. Going again on Friday with a standard view at Kidani. The rooms at Kidani are the same as the ones with the savannah view. I like the room at Kidani better than Jambo. It is just a bit bigger.

we have stayed in a value 1-br and a value studio as well as a standard studio. the value 1-br actually ended up being a savannah view room, and the value studio we had was a pool view. both were lovely rooms and I wouldn't hesitate to book a value over standard if I had the choice.

we have a savannah view studio at Kidani booked (as it was the only category with complete availability for our dates) and were going to waitlist a studio at Jambo, but if the rooms are larger at Kidani, I think i'd rather have a bit more room over anything else....

Lindsey310
04-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Just stayed in a value villa in feb 2014. We had a savannah view! View was equal to the savannah view we had (and payed a lot more for) in 2010. If you can get it, it's great. We got lucky though as most value accommodations are facing the parking lot area. :cloud9:

jennsky
04-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Silly question here....when you book a villa at AKL, when they confirm your reservation, do they tell you whether you are in Jambo or Kidani? How are you to know which building to check-in at? :blush: Are all of the Value ones in Jambo?

VWL Mom
04-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Silly question here....when you book a villa at AKL, when they confirm your reservation, do they tell you whether you are in Jambo or Kidani? How are you to know which building to check-in at? :blush: Are all of the Value ones in Jambo?

Not a silly question at all. When booking AKV you select which one you want, Jambo or Kidani. They are different booking categories. Values are only at Jambo.

Gator
04-28-2014, 03:20 PM
We stayed at a Kidani value back in 2010. The rooms are nice. Ours was overlooking a parking lot with the pool off in the distance. The resort itself is really great, though. Loved the feel and the bus service is better at Kidani.

lawgirl
05-13-2014, 06:30 PM
I haven't stayed in a value (I would have if it had been available), but we've stayed at Kidani and Jambo, in 1 bedroom and studios, and I love them both. The standard studio room at Jambo was at the furthest corner of the resort, and we did have a view of animals, but it was so far away. My only complaint with Kidani is that unless you order groceries or plan on eating lunch and dinner at Sanaa, it is somewhat of a hike to get to the restaurants at Jambo. It was a hassle for us in the mornings with the kids to have to walk over to Jambo. Not really a complaint, but just a consideration. I loved Kidani. It was so peaceful and the room was huge. I would definitely book a value room if it was available.