PDA

View Full Version : Gluten-free baked goods?

azcavalier
04-12-2014, 03:44 PM
We LOVE the cupcakes and other desserts/snacks at WDW, but this year my wife has had to go gluten-free. We're wondering if anyone knows if Disney offers any kind of gluten-free baked goods. I mean, if anyone can do that right, Disney can.

If not, then my wife said that she'll just have to drown her sorrows in gelato.

BrerGnat
04-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Yes, Baby cakes NYC provides GF baked goods at various places in the parks and resorts.

Disney themselves don't make GF baked goods, though.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-13-2014, 08:39 AM
There's also a brand called Enjoy Life that has products at various locations in WDW including Be Our Guest, Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Ray's, Liberty Tree Tavern, Biergarten, Tusker House, etc. They make cookies, brownies, etc.

Also these treats are gluten-free too:

Dole Whip
the Crème Brulee at Chefs de France
Gluten-free onion rings at Raglan Road (you can also get GF fries, calamari, fish & chips, etc because they have a GF dedicated fryer!)
Tusker House in AK and Ohana and Kona Cafe in the Poly can prepare allergy-free Mickey waffles! Might be other locations that do this too but I know of these options.

This info I found on a site online, but be sure to verify these items are GF in person. :mickey:

DisneyFan1979
04-14-2014, 01:55 PM
In Epcot, they have packaged gluten-free brownies and cookies at Sunshine Seasons. At Animal Kingdom, there is an allergy kiosk that offers a bunch of packaged gluten-free snacks.

At the resorts and in various other spots, you'll find Babycakes brand cupcakes, donuts, etc. They are freshly made in the Babycake Bakery in Downtown Disney. However, your wife should be aware that they are also vegan. I personally do not care for them.

They are currently offering a delicious macaron in the France flower & garden festival kiosk that is designated on the festival guide as gluten-free. I did not check, but they may also have them at Les Halles in the France pavilion.

Though I have not had it, there is a gluten-free cream puff dessert at Be Our Guest for lunch.

Also, if your wife is not allergic or celiac, but just gluten-sensitive or following a gluten-free diet, she may want to consider the rice krispie treats. I am gluten-sensitive and they are a big Disney trip treat as the only gluten ingredient in them is the malt sweetening the rice krispies.

Hope this helps! :mickey:

BrerGnat
04-14-2014, 02:17 PM
The Macarons in the France Bakery should all be GF. Macarons, classically prepared, are made with almond flour, sugar, and egg whites. So, they are naturally GF. The fillings will likely be GF as well, so that is a good bet for a GF treat!

They even have an ice cream sandwich made with macaron as the "cookie". I would assume many (or potentially all) of the ice cream flavors at L'Artisan des Glaces are GF. Those are home made ice creams in there, and likely don't contain any artificial flavorings or colors.

azcavalier
04-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks, everyone! She doesn't have Celiac's, just a gluten-sensitivity. It makes her arthritis flare up a bit, and causes some GI distress. She just feels a lot better when she avoids it. So, no bread/baked goods. The no pizza thing is killing her!

Terra
04-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Thanks, everyone! She doesn't have Celiac's, just a gluten-sensitivity. It makes her arthritis flare up a bit, and causes some GI distress. She just feels a lot better when she avoids it. So, no bread/baked goods. The no pizza thing is killing her!

I've had to go gluten & wheat free. Plus I'm basically sugar free/startch free as well. It flared the Fibromyalgia I had. So I completely understand.

I do seen quite a bit gluten free items!

For myself though it's really tough to find anything wheat & sugar free as well.
Generally I just bring my own snacks.

disneynarula
04-26-2014, 10:14 AM
There are quite a few items here and there throughout the parks.

mdhiggin
04-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Many of the restaurants have gluten free bread for burgers. There are also ones with gluten free pizzas, macaroni, Mickey waffles, flourless chocolate cake. We usually just talk to the chef, and they let us know what's available, even at counter service places. You should definitely try Babycakes at DD as PP suggested. They have many varieties of cupcakes and doughnuts. We have even found Babycakes for sale at the resorts' counter service refrigerated sections.

poohbearkris
08-05-2014, 11:48 AM
POFQ is now making GF beignets!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

ANG
08-06-2014, 12:24 PM

Tutto Italia has an awesome Gluten Free pizza. My son is GF and Dairy free and they really surprised us with the quality.