PDA

View Full Version : Poly ?

missymouseworld
04-09-2014, 06:42 AM
We have a reservation at Ohana for dinner at 8pm and wanted to know what time they have the water parade on the lake and is it every night?

I also heard that you can see the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom from the beach at the Poly....is that true?

faline
04-09-2014, 07:42 AM
The electrical water pageant occurs nightly, weather permitting. At the Poly, it should be around 9 p.m.

Yes, you can see the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. In fact, you have a lovely view from that vantage point.

There is quite a lot of construction occurring at the Poly now so I'm not sure how that will impact any plans you have at this location.

VWL Mom
04-09-2014, 07:50 AM
The EWP is scheduled for the Poly at 9PM. It is nightly but is subject to change.

I recently read on Tikiman's page that they may be restricting beach viewing to Poly guests only. Not sure if this will extend to O"Hana guests.

Either because of all the people trying to get a look at DVC or because over the last decade misuse of the facilities has increased but they will be limiting the amount of non-resort guests on property. Officially the pool and beach area are off limits to non-resort guests so viewing fireworks from the beach if you are staying else ware may be a thing of the past.

mickclub1955
04-09-2014, 08:43 AM
If you have 8pm reservations, I don't think you will get to watch the water pageant. I had 7:30 reservations and we were still in the restaurant at the 9pm fireworks. They pipe the music from that into the restaurant and depending on where you are in there you can see Wishes. We were seated at the window, but it was obstructed by a tree. We only saw the high bursts.

missymouseworld
04-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Thanks so much for all the info.:mickey:

Bruegge
04-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Not to switch topics... but is the GF beach a good place to see wishes also ?.... been 7 years cant remember how it faces the lake