PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC is the place to be this week

Katzateer
04-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Spent the day in DC- the blossoms are beautiful and the weather should be great rest of week. If you get on web site for festival there is a link to get discounted tickets for the hop on - hop off bus. I took the bus around and it takes a little over 2 hours for the complete loop. Ate lunch at the Native American museum. It was very good. Roasted turkey, corn and squash salad, pan bread and a dark chocolate tart and a diet coke. $30 but worth every bite. Walked around National Mall. Beautiful day and our capital is looking good. Both flags were flying at each end of the Capital building so both the Senate and Congress were in session. Nice day trip!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
04-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a good time. I'm enjoying your reports. Not feeling great today, but swamped with work. No vacation for me until May, when I head to New Orleans on a working vacation.

Katzateer
04-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a good time. I'm enjoying your reports. Not feeling great today, but swamped with work. No vacation for me until May, when I head to New Orleans on a working vacation.

Hope you feel better. New Orleans is one place I have not been- let us know how your trip is!:thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
04-08-2014, 08:34 PM
I've always wanted to visit DC when the cherry blossoms are in bloom. Oh well, someday. :) We also had lunch at the Native American Museum on our trip three years ago and thought it was delicious (and yes, expensive, for counter-service!) So many unique places to eat in the Capital area.

Kairi_7378
04-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Hoping to make a day trip this weekend. DC is a favorite family vacation spot. It is even nicer during the Cherry Blossom Festival! We love to walk around the Tidal Basin and visit those monuments during this time of year. Glad that you had a great day trip!

Melanie
04-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Ah! I so wanted to get into town this week and walk during the peak, but I've had too much to do before leaving for FL on Thursday. So, next year it is. Have a great time! Weather indeed was gorgeous today.

LittleRoosMommy
04-09-2014, 09:58 AM
We're hoping to get downtown this weekend.... the weather is finally cooperating!! Looks like the peak is going to be later this weekend due to all the crazy cold & snow we've had! My Cherry tree is so confused! Half of it has been blooming for 2 weeks... the other half is just getting buds! Hope you're enjoying your visit!!

emerzmom
04-09-2014, 03:32 PM
I have been lucky enough to see the Cherry Blossoms in full bloom in DC. What a beautiful sight!!!! I am headed to DC in about 3 weeks for a work trip. I know the Cherry Blossoms will be done but I hoping the weather will still be lovely.
Thanks for sharing!
:tink:
Julie