PDA

View Full Version : Timing Akershus breakfast

Bruegge
04-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Crunch time... Making FP's in 10 days.

Got Akershus breakfast at 9:30.. is an hour and a half enough time to finish (assuming family of 4) to catch the opening up of Maelstrom at 11:00?

Then book my first FP (turtle talk) for 11-12 and so on?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-08-2014, 03:43 PM
My first thought was "of course". But then, this is one ADR that always seems to be running late (at least for us), and the having to wait for the picture with Belle can slow things down.

Still, I'll vote for yes, that it is enough time! If you are worried, since it is a flat-rate, you can get the bill and pay while you're still eating, so as soon as you've seen the princess and finished breakfast, you can head straight out.

Gator
04-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Yes, that's perfect timing. As PP said, we always wait for this place. You wait in line outside to check in. Then you wait to be called in. Then you wait in line for your photo with Belle. Once you're in, though, it's a fairly quick meal. You'll be in good shape for sure. The real shame is that you have to go to this much planning because that of that wretched FP+.

Bruegge
04-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Yes, that's perfect timing. As PP said, we always wait for this place. You wait in line outside to check in. Then you wait to be called in. Then you wait in line for your photo with Belle. Once you're in, though, it's a fairly quick meal. You'll be in good shape for sure. The real shame is that you have to go to this much planning because that of that wretched FP+.

Yea, I want to ride Maelstrom but I don't want to burn a top tier FP for it. This seems like a good plan.. If we get out by 11:00 we should be in the first 100 or so to ride.. THEN I need to make sure I time my FP's correctly after so I can enjoy Epcot without rushing around (or standing around).

It's been 7 years since we have been to Disney and since it's the 25th anniversary trip I want it to go as smooth as possible.

All you guys are helping me make sure I don't make stupid plans that screw up the vacation.

Thanks

Gator
04-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Just be sure to get into the outside check-in line at about 9:20 or earlier if you can. That way there's no wasted time after that 10 minute wait. Sounds like a great 25th Anni trip!

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
04-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Thank you for mentioning this! We will do a breakfast here for the first time this summer, and I also do not want to waste a FP on Maelstrom. After reading this post, I changed my ressie from 10:30 to 9:20 so we can do the ride after we eat, then explore the rest of Epcot.

DKA041177
04-17-2014, 09:11 AM
I think you have a good plan in place. Good luck!

wdwaggie
04-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Sounds like a solid plan. I too like so many others here are plan-a-holics, but my DW is getting me to make the plans, but still "go with it" once we get there, meaning, don't stress out over every 5-10 minute decision.