PDA

View Full Version : Another (Sorry!)FP+ BOG Question...

mamatedd
04-06-2014, 01:43 PM
After trying for months to get a FP @BOG for our upcoming trip, today, it finally worked!!!:party: As I was doing my happy dance & logged in to exclaim my joy, another similar post caught my eye. Another poster had similar success, but a reply said she had to have an email invite for her FP to work. :confused: Now I am worried. Can anyone offer anymore info? Thank you!:mickey:

Either way, 26 days out!!!!:cloud9:

buzznwoodysmom
04-06-2014, 05:42 PM
We did not have an invite in November and the FP we made for BOG worked just fine.

VWL Mom
04-06-2014, 05:58 PM
I have read quite a few reports on other sites where people have not had an invitation but had no problems. They did take their confirmation number with them though. Our poster was the first time I heard that you needed an invitation.

mamatedd
04-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Thank you for the quick replies! However, I do not have a confirmation#, just a "you have reserved a FP" on the BOG website. Is the # maybe the one I used to book it? Thank you, again, in advance. If it doesn't work out, we're still in WDW! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
04-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Thank you for the quick replies! However, I do not have a confirmation#, just a "you have reserved a FP" on the BOG website. Is the # maybe the one I used to book it? Thank you, again, in advance. If it doesn't work out, we're still in WDW! :mickey:

Print out that page and take it with you. We had 5 rooms booked at BOG for Thanksgiving and none of us had an invite. We printed the page that showed our reservation from the BOG site and took them with us. We were not asked to show proof or confirmation numbers, we were all in the system by name when we showed up. We just brought the print out in incase.

mamatedd
04-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Thank you, Denise! It was due to your tips that we (and I'm sure many others) got the FP to begin with! I will def print out the page... Really wanting to see the inside of that castle, and lunch seems perfect! :mickey:

VWL Mom
04-07-2014, 08:54 AM

Sorry, meant confirmation. I took the screen grab with me. Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

minnie04
04-07-2014, 09:34 AM
I hope my post didn’t get you nervous. I just wanted to make sure people knew this could happen. If I were you I would call guest relations and ask what the procedure is. I was really upset at the fact that I rushed to get there only to be turned away. Living in FL I have the chance to get back to the parks often, but for someone traveling here for a once or twice a year vacation it would be upsetting to get the front only to be turned away because of a conformation you didn't know you needed. Like other posters have said snapshot your screen and just double check everything went through… Good luck :thumbsup:

mamatedd
04-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Thanks, Minnie04! Indeed, it was your post that sent me into panic spiral-LOL! Like, literally, LOL! I am getting too caught up in details, and it is LUNCH for goodness sake! Thanks for the warning. I hope it works out, but, if not, we're still @ Disney!!! :cloud9:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-07-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm hoping for a repeat of our great experience from the last trip! We were definitely in the system. As advised here, I took a snapshot with my phone of the screen, just to be sure, but we were ok! Looking forward to it!
:wave:

mamatedd
04-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Me too! Good luck!:thumbsup:

minnie04
04-07-2014, 01:12 PM
I hope it works out, but, if not, we're still @ Disney!!! :cloud9:

Exactly, that's what I said. It would have been cool to do for lunch, but whatever, we can try again another time.I mean we could have waited out the line. I was just excited to see how it worked inside. My Aunt had just come back and raved about it so much that I wanted to try it. oh well next time :mickey:

wildernesslady
04-07-2014, 02:07 PM
How far in advance can you book FP. My 180 days is tomorrow and I was hoping for dinner but would like to have lunch if that doesn't work out.

mamatedd
04-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Well, wildernesslady, the whole process seems to be shrouded in mystery! Lol! I started trying about 90 days out & hit success at 27 days out. Your guess is as good as mine! Good luck! :mickey:

SuzieBell
04-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Well, wildernesslady, the whole process seems to be shrouded in mystery! Lol! I started trying about 90 days out & hit success at 27 days out. Your guess is as good as mine! Good luck! :mickey:

I just got mine!!! :joy: I've been trying since day 180, I am at day 59! :confused:

I didn't receive an e-mail either, just got the link from here! Screened shot my confirmation!

mamatedd
04-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Good for you, SuzieBell! I have even less understanding of the whole process, LOL, but congrats!!! :party:

wildernesslady
04-07-2014, 07:44 PM
What is the link?

minnie04
04-08-2014, 08:39 AM
This is the email link I got. I think it's only good for April. Good luck I hope someone can use it :mickey:

https://BeOurGuestLunch.disney.go.com

MariMouse
04-08-2014, 10:01 AM
We have gotten FP for BOG on two different trips and had no problems. I didn't have a confirmation# nor did I print anything out and it worked fine. Good Luck!

mamatedd
04-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks MariMouse! Minnie04, I think that's just the link anyone can go to to make a FP+ for BOG. I don't think that's by invitation or expires. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I think it's sort of an "open invite" for those staying on property.

minnie04
04-08-2014, 03:11 PM
This is what I got

Bonjour,

You are invited to participate in an exclusive test for lunch at one of our newest restaurants, Be Our Guest. As part of this test you have the ability to select an arrival window and pre-order meals for your entire party before arriving at Be Our Guest Restaurant.

To begin, follow the steps below:

1.Log on to https://BeOurGuestLunch.disney.go.com using your Disney.com account.

2.Enter your Resort Reservation Number to begin:

3.Select an arrival window and pre-order your meal

Don’t forget to wear your MagicBands* when you arrive at Be Our Guest Restaurant during your arrival window, and please enter the Disney FastPass+ entrance at the beginning of the bridge. You’ll be able to breeze by the line, confirm your order, pay for your lunch and head direct to your table while your food is prepared and delivered straight to you!

Bon appétit!
*Guests who choose not to wear a MagicBand should stop by Guest Relations at City Hall on the day of their lunch before their arrival.

Valid park admission is required to enter Magic Kingdom® Park. Cannot accept early or late arrivals. Valid only on the date and time noted on the Be Our Guest website and valid only for the duration of your Disney Resort hotel stay. Operation hours of the restaurant are subject to closures and change without notice. Dates and arrival windows are subject to availability. Not valid for any admission to any Theme Park. Offer is nontransferable, not for sale and must be used by the same person.

Please do not reply to this email. This account is not monitored. If you have any questions, please contact a Cast Member at Guest Relations at City Hall at Magic Kingdom® Park.

CMR-12-21993

mamatedd
04-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Very cool, Minnie04! The actual invite seems like the stuff of legend! Lol! I was just saying, I think anyone staying on site can use that link, enter their # and score a BOG FP+. There have been many on here that have done so with success! As far as I know, you are the only one that has been turned away.:(:( I'm sorry that happened. If it happens to us, it won't wreck our trip. :mickey:

Katzateer
04-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Just got a email asking if I wanted a FP+ for BOG
so I just made my food selections . Do they take away one of my other FP selections? It has not shown up on my Disney Experience yet.

mamatedd
04-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Hi Katzateer! No, the BOG FP+ is completely separate from your other fastpasses! Also, I don't think it will ever show up on your MDE. Hence the tips like taking a pic of the BOG screen with your phone, or printing out the page, to take with you. Congrats & good luck!

Katzateer
04-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Hi Katzateer! No, the BOG FP+ is completely separate from your other fastpasses! Also, I don't think it will ever show up on your MDE. Hence the tips like taking a pic of the BOG screen with your phone, or printing out the page, to take with you. Congrats & good luck!

Cool! How do I get it to come back up if I logged out after I made my food choices???

mamatedd
04-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Well, I hope someone more experienced than me will come along to help you! :confused: I took a pic of the screen that has our day check marked as "proof". It seems to show our "reservation" every time I check... I guess we're all figuring this out together! Lol! :mickey:

minnie04
04-09-2014, 08:23 AM
As far as I know, you are the only one that has been turned away.:(:( I'm sorry that happened. If it happens to us, it won't wreck our trip. :mickey:

Just my luck :D... lol I will always remember to take a screenshot when I make another one. I just wish I could have opened my email when I was there. Then I could have booked it again.. My fault..lession learned :mickey:

mamatedd
04-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Again, Minnie04, I am sorry that happened! :( I am exactly the type of person that would happen to, so I am fully prepared! Lol! We will all have to figure out the new FP+ together! :mickey: