PDA

View Full Version : Tusker house

Tank3434
04-05-2014, 07:01 PM
So everytime we go to Disney I want to try breakfast at tusker house and then I always talk myself out of it. It gets so many rave reviews I know but it just doesn't appeal to me. I like traditional breakfast food, you know eggs bacon pancakes and mickey waffles. Do they have these items? This time I really want to try it but I gotta say I'm nervous. So tell me about it and why you love it so much. I'm trying well planning to try tusker house and Ohana(dinner) for the firt time this trip and I want to love them both!

chefmickey3
04-05-2014, 08:33 PM
We LOVE Tusker House. It is a must do for us. Wonderful character interaction and delicious food. Two of my kids are picky eaters and they love it too. I don't remember what exactly is on the menu but there are places you can check. It has been consistent the last couple of years. It is also a safe place to try something you have never tried because you can get just a bite. I say go for it!

WDWForever
04-05-2014, 08:54 PM
My family loves it there. Characters in safari outfits (Donald outside for pics; Inside is Mickey, Goofy and Daisy). They definitely gave regular items (eggs, bacon, Mickey waffles, has browns, fruit, cereal, bagel/toast, pastries, etc.). Not sure about pancakes. One daughter is real picky and this is a good place to get her the unlimited supply of Mickey waffles. As for Ohan dinnera, love that place too. Start off with teriyaki wings, meat dumplings, and lo mein type noodles, then servers keep coming over and over with different skewered meats (beef, chicken, shrimp, pork). Both are great places to eat.

natedog24
04-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Tusker House is my favorite place to have breakfast at WDW!

They have traditional breakfast foods as well as some delicious items you may have never had before. It's a buffet, so it's perfect for trying something new. You can get a little bit of everything, then if you don't like something, Hakuna Matata.

Here's there menu: Assorted cream cheeses, jams, jellies and fruit chutneys, yogurt station, fresh fruit, milk, waffle station, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, potato wedges, cereal, biscuits & gravy, veggie frittata, Ham & cheese frittata, corned beef hash, cheese blintzes, beef Bobotie quiche, yam casserole, carved rotisserie honey ham, oatmeal, porridge, cinnamon rolls, assorted muffins and breads, turnovers, danish, and croissants.

#1donaldfan
04-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah !! They have very traditional items to choose form, and the atmosphere is great too !! Try it this year, you will not be disappointed !!:thumbsup:

keegansdad1
04-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Definitely go ... We went for the first time last December, and it was awesome. Both the traditional and non-traditional foods were great!

DKA041177
04-10-2014, 08:59 AM
We love Tusker House and usually try to get a reservation before park opening so we can stroll through Discovery Island when it is empty.

AgentC
04-10-2014, 11:44 AM
I love Tusker House. My 8 year old is not an adventurous eater at all and he eats there without complaint thanks to the the Mickey waffles. :) AS others have mentioned, there is quite a wide variety at Tusker and there should be something to make everyone happy.