PDA

View Full Version : getting from POR to BWI

Tank3434
04-05-2014, 01:19 PM
So my mom decided that she is going to come to disney with us and October and promised me and my husband we could have a night out meaning take the kids back to the room get everyone situated and go for a drink or 2. Sounds great and we would love to go to Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk we love dueling pianos question is what is the best way to get there? We dont have a car and will rely on Disney transport. We have a 3 and a almost 2 year old so Im not gonna leave my mom with both of them at the parks to fend her way back home with them and a stroller. Would we be better off taking a taxi from POR to BW? Or could we paly around with some boats or buses? Not sure how far away they actually are. Thanks.
Ideally I would love to upgrade to BW but not sure we can do that this year

faline
04-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Since it's a time for you to have some adult time alone, I'd probably spring for the taxi. The other ways to do it would be dependent on time and whether parks are still open:

Take a bus to Disney Studios and walk or take the boat from there. Depending on time, this option might not be available in reverse but if Magic Kingdom were open late on that evening, you could bus there and change buses for your return home.

Take the boat to Downtown Disney and bus from there.

Take a bus to Downtown Disney and change buses there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-05-2014, 02:27 PM
The quickest way would be to take a taxi from POR to BW.

But, there are a number of Disney transport ways. :)

The easiest would be a bus to Epcot, then a walk through to the International Gateway and over to the Boardwalk.

You could have fun (and take longer though) and take the boat to DTD, then a bus to BW (this could be a way home, if you don't want to take a taxi ... a bus to DTD and then the boat or a bus back to POR, depending on the time of night).

Or, to be really silly (and this is something we'd do for fun), take a bus to DHS, then the boat to BW. Not the quickest though.

CanadianWDWFan
04-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Another vote for a taxi.

Taking the bus to DHS then walk/boat to BW is the quickest Disney transportation option. If the boat is not at the dock when you arrive at DHS, it would be quicker to walk. It should take around 15 minutes and it is a nice walk, we do it every time we go to DHS when we are at BWV.