PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break-April 5-11 Trip Report

quicksand
04-05-2014, 06:10 AM
Almost 6am eastern time - still not done packing! I have a last minute meeting at 8 this morning and after that we will hit the road. We have reservations at T rex café tonight but may not make it because of the meeting, but oh well. At least ill get to Disney sometime today! All FP+ are made and online check in done! I can't believe the day is finally here. I just want to soak it in.
We are a little nervous about traveling this time of year. We usually take the kids out of school in November and go for a week, but since everyone is in high school now, its just not possible for us. Worried about crowd level and heat. Been drinking tons of water lately to help keep hydrated.
We are meeting some family members there that checked in last night. Havent talked to them yet to find out about the crowds. Im just so excited about this trip! I have a feeling this will be the last time because of the kids getting older and us needing to put the Disney money into the kids college fund.
I will try to report daily about weather and crowds. Anything else just let me know. Please pray for safe travels for us. I had that "im too excited to sleep" night. Long drive ahead of us. So excited to make new memories with my family. :mickey:

VWL Mom
04-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Have a wonderful trip, safe travels!

faline
04-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Have a wonderful time!! Safe travels for you and your family!!

quicksand
04-06-2014, 06:46 AM
Made it safely! Thanks for the prayers. Meeting went very fast and we were on the road about 9am. I95 was very smooth. We had one moment of rubbernecking but not a standstill as usual. No problems on I 4. Made it to dtd about 4:20. Headed straight to trex. Man this place is loud! Food was just ok? I'm getting to where. I like counter service better than sit down. Went to Lego store and world of Disney. Then watched all the little kids dancing to music played by a dj in front of Earl of sandwich! Super cute! Temperature was 91. Not too bad. Dtd was crowded as usual for a Saturday night. That's all for now! I'll try to get to day 2 tonight.

vizsla
04-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
04-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Glad you made it safety and even got to your intended location for dinner!!

yjgirl32
04-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Glad your drive went smoothly. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
04-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Happy that you arrived safely and didn't have to miss your ADR.

I know what you mean about maybe having to be the last trip for awhile - we're at that point now with DS in high school and it's been difficult not getting our Disney Fix every year!

Hope you are having a magical time! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Glad you got a good start

hauntedmansiongirl
04-19-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm so excited to read all about your trip! Glad that your meeting was short! :mickey: