PDA

View Full Version : Best resort to rent a surrey bike?

NickD100
04-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Which resort(s)--other than Boardwalk and Fort Wilderness--would be the best to rent a surrey bike? Something with paths in and out of the woods and sorts and cool things to see. Maybe Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter? Saratoga Springs? I'm familiar with Boardwalk and Fort Wilderness so something with a new scenery would be great.

lawgirl
04-04-2014, 08:41 PM
We loved Saratoga Springs. I think it would be the perfect place to rent one.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-04-2014, 08:54 PM
I like the idea of POR, there is lots to look at, ride along the river and around the resorts.

mechanic
04-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Coronado springs would be good too. Especially with the looong walk to main pool.

Melanie
04-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Are there surrey bikes at Coronado Springs? I've never noticed them there.

I always get a kick out of the folks who are on them at the Boardwalk resorts. There are some tough uphill spots on that route.

brownie
04-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Are there surrey bikes at Coronado Springs? I've never noticed them there.

I always get a kick out of the folks who are on them at the Boardwalk resorts. There are some tough uphill spots on that route.

There's supposed to be. I'm hoping they're there, we're planning on renting one during our stay this summer.

#1donaldfan
04-07-2014, 12:20 PM
I'd say Riverside would be the best !! It's shaded meandering pathways could be a fun detour to a hard day in a park !!:thumbsup:

waymickey
04-09-2014, 04:01 PM
We always rent at WL. We have even crashed when we ran over a pinecone. It is something we still laugh about. We also rent regular bikes from WL ride over to fort wilderness through the trail and go to see the horses. It is a must do on our vacations.

Lindsey310
04-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Which resort(s)--other than Boardwalk and Fort Wilderness--would be the best to rent a surrey bike? Something with paths in and out of the woods and sorts and cool things to see. Maybe Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter? Saratoga Springs? I'm familiar with Boardwalk and Fort Wilderness so something with a new scenery would be great.

Port orleans has beautiful grounds...my vote is for that. :mickey:

goofy-4-disney
04-10-2014, 04:46 PM
We've rented a Surrey bike at Coronado Springs before. Granted, this was more than 10 years ago so not sure what the current situation is there now. I think POR would be your best option.

NickD100
04-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the input and suggestions!!! Much appreciated!!

Tinkerbella16
04-11-2014, 12:39 PM
My vote would go to POR- the bike path is shaded with lots of trees. The grounds at Riverside are just gorgeous and lush! :mickey:

RavsRuleDisney!
04-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Ok, several posts have suggested POR to rent but it sounds like they have not actually rode the bikes there....WARNING!!!! Sure, you see them around the different resorts and everyone is smiling and casually pedaling along. However....

Now it could have been because the DS' were smaller - maybe 10 & 12 at the time - and weren't much help to DW and myself and the route around the resort (though lovely) is a bit up and down but let me tell ya....what a work-out! Within 10 minutes we were huffin', puffin', and sweatin' on our little surrey ride. I actually thought we would start rolling backwards a couple of times! :blush: That being said, we were also cracking up at the unintended comedy of the situation. But, no, I would not do it again. Look for a flat, very flat, course to navigate. Oh, and don't invite my DS' along.... ;)

NickD100
04-27-2014, 06:16 AM
We did it last week for the first time. It was fun!!! Something new to us. And POR was perfect!!!! It was really nice there at riverside!!! It was mainly flat and shade with one up hill turn around spot and a small up hill bridge to cross. Nothing too big. Nothing we couldn't handle. But yeah, that was a lot of fun!!! We might try out the surrey bikes at Saratoga Springs for our next adventure. And then at Coronado Springs. I am at the Polynesian often for dinner, at FW often for the hoop, and at the boardwalk a lot too. So it was nice to see something new. And It was a fun activity to do other than putt-putt. I'm glad we rented them. Cool cool! Again, thanks everyone for the suggestions!!!!