PDA

View Full Version : Adult Dinners

tink'72
04-03-2014, 02:16 PM
I need HELP! Our family has been going to WDW for years but in October it's only going to be my husband and myself so we can enjoy the Food & Wine Festival. I can make my dining plans this weekend and I am at a lose of were to dine. When we are with the kids it's easy I go to the normal family places.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to dine adults only? :confused:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Are you in the dining plan? Is money an issue? If not, I would suggest trying Victoria and Alberts and some signature dining. Some suggestions are Monsier Paul at Epcot, Narcossee or Citrico at the Grand Floridian, Jiko at AK, or California Grill at the Contemporary...regular dining I'm thinking Sanaa at AK, Chef De France Epcot, Raglan Road DTD....

wdwaggie
04-03-2014, 02:56 PM
My DW and I did an adults only trip a few years back and although it was convenient to eat at Artist Point, I must say it was a huge HIT. Even if we weren't staying at WL (which we always will now) we sould still make a point to try it. Good food and good atmosphere for couples.

tink'72
04-03-2014, 02:58 PM
We are not on a dining plan and money isn't a concern. Thank you so much for your suggestions!

etibbetts
04-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Steer clear of the character dining, try to go for places without activities (ie: Ohana or Whispering Canyon). I'd avoid Be our guest (too loud) and while I love Chefs De France, that is very loud too.

Some good places are California Grill, Grand Floridian Cafe... I have always wanted to try Narcossee's, that sounds nice! I like Le Cellier a lot.

I'm sure where ever you end up going you will have a great time!

buzznwoodysmom
04-03-2014, 04:33 PM
DH and I have enjoy a couple of meals without the kiddos in the past few years. Yachtman's Steakhouse and California Grill. I noticed more children at California Grill, so if your looking for a place with less children this may not be it.

faline
04-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Unless you go to Victoria & Alberts, you can pretty much guarantee children will be in the dining room when you are at Disney!!

Some of my favorites are: Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge; California Grill at the Contemporary; Citrico's at the Grand Floridian; Brown Derby at Disney Studios; and Yachtsmans Steak House at the Yacht Club.

For really fine dining, and if it's in the budget, do try Victoria & Alberts. I also understand you can arrange private dining in select locations.

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
04-04-2014, 05:05 AM
What about Fulton's Crab House in DTD? My DH and I ate there on our honeymoon in 1990. The food was superb. We are planning on having a dinner there on our upcoming trip in May to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. Haven't been back to Fulton's since and hoping to relive the magic of 24 years ago (and also hoping for no children. lol!)

tink'72
04-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Thank you everyone Great suggestions! My 180th day is Sunday so I'm hoping I can make some of these reservations right online.

LandFan
04-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Flying Fish!
Jiko
Sanaa
Raglan Road is fun
Biergarten

Cinderelley
04-06-2014, 03:10 AM
Narcoossee's is very nice.

Rich Mc
04-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Flying Fish,California Grill are our favorite!

DisneyDINK
04-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Well, it is Sunday evening now, so you've probably pulled the trigger. All of the reservations are made probably. If you still need one DW and I always go w/o kids. We went to Bluezoo at the Dolphin last time and REALLY liked it. You'll hear mixed things, but the menu and service were great and it isn't a hard reservation to get. If you like Sushi like we do Kimono's next door at the Swan is good and you don't need a reservation.

Take it easy and have fun! :cloud9:

tink'72
04-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Okay we decided on Sanaa, La Hacienda ( strictly for the view of Illuminations) and the California Grill! I'm leaving a few days open because I'm hopeing with the Food & Wine Festival we won't need many more reservations.

Cinderelley
04-08-2014, 05:57 AM
Have a great trip! You'll enjoy it so much, you'll make this an annual thing. ;)

TinkerbellT421
04-08-2014, 07:49 AM
When you say where "adult only"....do you mean literally adults only? Because I think the only restaurant on property that doesn't allow kids is Victoria and Alberts.

If you mean, more of an adult atmosphere where you are not dodging characters? As a couple that vacations to Disney every year without children, I have a few that come to mind:

1) Rose & Crown
2) Teppan Edo (Can have a tendency to be loud because of the hibachi atmosphere, but very enjoyable for adults)
3) 'OHana (there are usually a lot of kids here, but for dinner you aren't dodging characters, though there is the enteractive show with the woman that does the aloha song with lei's and all that and the coconut race) But it is very easy to ignore it.
4) Cape May Buffet (dinner though because breakfast has characters)
5) Liberty Tree Tavern was highly enjoyable, our first time trying it this trip
6) Mama Melrose

And after that my brain froze, that's all that come to mind for now.

EDIT: Someone here mentioned Raglan Road, that is a fun adult atmosphere for sure

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Good choices, have fun

VacationDisney
04-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Jiko & Artist Point are great choices for a romantic adult dinner. Have a great time:number1:

tink'72
04-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Adult only meaning my husband and I are going without our kids. I certainly don't mind others childrens.

biggins
04-09-2014, 01:48 PM
It's always nice to get over to a resort that you wouldn't usually see. I've been to most of the restaurants in and out of the parks, but I'd say the best meal I have had, food and ambiance was at Artist's point. I also really liked Jikko, the yachtsman and bistro of paris (the upstairs restaurant in france).

Jack Skellington
05-26-2014, 02:07 PM
:blush:Forgive me for HiJACKing this thread....

My wife and I are planning a kid-free day at MK during our trip in the 2nd week of June. We are hoping to have a nice dinner and are amenable to either: 1) eating somewhere nice inside MK (but not Liberty Tree this time); 2) eating at a nearby resort; or 3) eating somewhere at Epcot.

So, I have some questions:

1. Does anyone have an estimate for the length of time it will take to go to WL by boat?
2. Dress code for both Artist's Point and California Grill say dress shorts and a collared shirt for men. If I opt to dress this way (given it is early/mid June) will I be alone? Or will most be dressed like me?
3. Anyone have an estimate on the time it takes to Monorail from TTC to Epcot?
4. If we eat at a restaurant in WS, would we be better off taking the bus from TTC to Beach Club or Boardwalk instead of the Monorail?

Thanks all!

JS:mickey:

Cinderelley
05-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Hi Jack Skellington,
I would suggest Narccoossee's. My friends and I enjoy eating there. It's an adult atmosphere, very relaxed and a short boat ride away from MK. Check out the menu :)

Bruegge
05-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Ditto on Narcoosees.. if you take the boat from MK it's the first stop and you are right at the restaurant.. almost... romantic...

It's a nice calming ride to a lovely restaurant without having to walk much further than out the front exit of MK. Did it 7 years ago and it's still one of my fondest memories.

Jack Skellington
05-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions!

One more question: Will we be allowed to park in the resort parking lot (GF or Contemporary) when we arrive at the park at 1:00pm, even though our reservation isn't until say 7 or 7:30?

Particularly if we are able to show the parking CM that we have a reservation?

I have done it in the past, but, long ago (and the reservation was closer in time.

Thanks in advance!

JS:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
05-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Typically, the resorts closer to the parks (CR, Poly, GF, for example) enforce their limited parking privileges more than most - especially CR (since it's within walking distance of MK). In the past, we've typically had about 3 hours of parking time at these resorts when we wanted to have dinner and/or shop. They don't want people going to the parks using their lot for free parking much of the day. So I'm not sure what to tell you - but I expect you should make other arrangements for parking earlier in the day.