PDA

View Full Version : Our Dining Plans

JMTStone
04-03-2014, 09:16 AM
I've had a change of plans for our upcoming July trip. We are adding my daughter's (21) significant other. It will be his first vacation with us and this is a true test! He's been to Disney World before but only off-site for a few days.

We arrive AFTER a Non-Disney 7 day cruise where we will be with DH's family (14 people total). So I need to relax with my family with an extra 5 days at Disney - right?

Here are my plans:

Arrive 7/5 Old Key West 2 bedroom (yes, he's sleeping on the pull out while the girls sleep in second bedroom). We are on the standard dining plan.

Cinderella's Royal Table
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner Package
Chef Mickey
Coral Reef
And the SURPRISE this time (we try to always do a surprise) - Illuminations Desert viewing

I think I may try to switch Mama Melrose to Brown Derby....

What do you guys think? Am I missing anything major for a novice?

mydisneygirls
04-03-2014, 09:38 AM
If it were me for the 2 credits on the DP, I would go to the Hoop Dee Doo instead of Cinderella's Royal Table. I'm not a fan of Coral Reef! Have a great time on your cruise and 5 Disney days. I'm jealous! :mickey:

JMTStone
04-03-2014, 09:46 AM
If it were me for the 2 credits on the DP, I would go to the Hoop Dee Doo instead of Cinderella's Royal Table. I'm not a fan of Coral Reef! Have a great time on your cruise and 5 Disney days. I'm jealous! :mickey:

I am conflicted about Coral Reef. We were there Thanksgiving 2006 and it was meh. BUT as an experience with the tank... it cannot be beat.

The same with Cinderella Royal Table. My daughter told him about this and he wants to "eat" in the castle so I cannot say no.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-03-2014, 09:48 AM
I don't know I think I'd keep Mama Melrose...everything looks delicious, enjoy:mickey:

JMTStone
04-03-2014, 10:36 AM
I don't know I think I'd keep Mama Melrose...everything looks delicious, enjoy:mickey:

I forgot Brown Derby is 2 TS so I'm keeping Mama Melrose.

WishingStar2006
04-03-2014, 12:24 PM
He may enjoy 50's Prime Time at DHS (assuming that's where you'll be)...good food and great fun!

AgentC
04-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Must dos for dining are hard because we all have our favorites. :)

I am with mydisneygirls on the Coral Reef. The aquarium is cool but I don't think it makes up for the food and service issues. There are so many good places to eat at Epcot. San Angel Inn has good food and a great atmosphere. I like the Garden Grill too but you already have two character meals.

Chef Mickey's is not my favorite but I can totally see it as a good place to take a first timer.

50s Primetime was another good suggestion or Sci Fi .

I also think Sanaa is worth a trip to AKL and you could ask to sit near the windows for animal viewing.

JMTStone
04-03-2014, 12:39 PM
He may enjoy 50's Prime Time at DHS (assuming that's where you'll be)...good food and great fun!

I LOVE Prime time but we were looking for something with a Fantasmic package.

JMTStone
04-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Must dos for dining are hard because we all have our favorites. :)

I am with mydisneygirls on the Coral Reef. The aquarium is cool but I don't think it makes up for the food and service issues. There are so many good places to eat at Epcot. San Angel Inn has good food and a great atmosphere. I like the Garden Grill too but you already have two character meals.

Chef Mickey's is not my favorite but I can totally see it as a good place to take a first timer.

50s Primetime was another good suggestion or Sci Fi .

I also think Sanaa is worth a trip to AKL and you could ask to sit near the windows for animal viewing.

We are doing Chef Mickey as a breakfast. I find that's better than dinner. 50s Primetime is a favorite of mine but it doesn't come with Fantasmic.

I don't see us hitting Saana. But now I'm seriously reconsidering Coral Reef. San Angel is so close to La Cava. Margarita!:marg:

AgentC
04-03-2014, 12:57 PM
We are doing Chef Mickey as a breakfast. I find that's better than dinner. 50s Primetime is a favorite of mine but it doesn't come with Fantasmic.

I don't see us hitting Saana. But now I'm seriously reconsidering Coral Reef. San Angel is so close to La Cava. Margarita!:marg:

Totally agree on Chef Mickey. When we do it , we always do breakfast. I just enjoy some of the other character meals better but my kids love Chef Mickey's.

We are at San Angel in January and it was great. And yes so much closer to the margaritas. :)