PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, or Yacht Club?

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-01-2014, 09:54 AM
I think I've been sold on staying in an EPCOT-area resort for my trip in November with 2 girlfriends. :mickey: Would love your input on which one would be the best fit for us out of these - Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, or Yacht Club? We are going from the 26th to the 30th, so 4 nights/4.5 days.

We will be out and about in the parks for most of the day, spending little time at the resort, except for maybe spending 1 afternoon by the pool.
We like to walk, so it would be nice to walk to EPCOT and HS from the resort.
We plan on going to some bars/clubs in the evenings. We aren't huge partiers, but enjoy a few beers or a few cocktails :beer: :marg: However, we don't need these options to be right outside our front door. It's ok if it's a 15 minute walk. Like I said, we like the exercise.
A quieter adult pool would be nice, but not necessary.
Easy access to the other resorts would be nice. We plan on going to Jiko at AKL and California Grill at Contemporary for dinner.
Fitness center - do any of these resorts have one, and if so, which is the best? I'd like to squeeze in a morning workout on the days when my friends don't want to get up as early as I do. :secret:

Please tell me where you think we should stay, and why. Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

azcavalier
04-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Yes. Any of those will do. You can walk to DHS, and those are all *very* convenient to Epcot. I imagine that it's really about price/atmosphere/etc regarding which one you choose.

Our last trip, we stayed at Beach Club and actually got one of the rooms on the ground floor, right by the entrance to Epcot. As a matter of fact, I think it took about the same amount of time to get to the Epcot entrance gate as it did to get to the front desk of Beach Club. It was *fantastic*.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-01-2014, 02:31 PM
I believe all three have fitness centers? When I researched for our two adult ladies no kids trips, I learned that Beach Club has the most kids of the three. I've been told that Yacht Club is probably the quietest, the others a bit noisier because- Beach Club because of kids and BoardWalk because of Boardwalk activity at night. Yacht Club and Beach Club share a pool, it is rated the best on property and has a sand bottom but it is very popular with adults and kids alike. I believe that all three resorts will have quiet pools .

Beach Club is the shortest walk into Epcot followed by Yacht Club and Board Walk but none are too long. As far as nighttime entertainment, Boardwalk will probably be the best bet, they have the nightclub Jelly Rolls plus the restaurants Flying fish, Kouzzina, and ESPN club, plus entertainers on the boardwalk at night. If a balcony is a must be advised not all of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies but the other two do. Travel to other resorts will be about the same with all three...walk or boat to Epcot, boat to DHS and bus to MK, AK and DTD.

If it were me I'd pick Yacht Club or Boardwalk. Take a look a the room pics and price out your room choice and then make your decision. I recommend to book through Magical Journeys, they will get you the best deal.:mickey:

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks so much to both of you! :mickey:

BayLaker25
04-02-2014, 09:48 AM
I prefer Boardwalk over the others, the stores and restaurants are all on that side. It is a little more difficult walking to HS if staying at the others and having to walk all the way around. I know you said you like walking but it's not as easy if not staying at Boardwalk. I know Boardwalk does have a fitness center as well as Beach Club. Beach Club has the best pool but if you are looking for a quiet pool area Beach Club isn't the place with all of the kids running around etc.

There are plenty of places to get a Beer :beer: or cocktail :marg: on the Boardwalk side or you could always walk into EPCOT to grab one.

There is not an easy way to get to Jiko or Cali from any of the places unless you have a car:
Cali you could walk through Epcot and take the monorail or a better option take a bus to MK and walk over. Cabs always work as well
As for Jiko the best option is to take a cab over too much hassle any other way.

Have fun :mickey:

Scar
04-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I've stayed at BC and BWI and prefer BWI. There is a very nice quite pool there. The walk to Epcot is only slightly longer but the walk to DHS is significantly less.

brownie
04-02-2014, 03:23 PM
My preference would be Beach Club, thought either the Beach Club or the Yacht Club will get you access to Stormalong Bay.

moe513
04-06-2014, 08:09 PM
I have stayed at all three. I thought the bc had too many kids and families. I thought the YC was boring. Once we tried the BWI we haven't stayed anywhere else. We have stayed at the BWI 6 times. I love the epcot area. I prefer the BWI because it is right on the boardwalk and all those restaurants and stores. Plus, the night time boardwalk entertainment is fun. Also, I like to walk to DHS and the walk is much shorter from the bwi than yc/bc.

BrerGnat
04-06-2014, 09:53 PM
I have stayed at BC and BWI. BC gets my vote. I just didn't jive with the BWI for some reason. Might have been the decor...just not my style. I loved the BC. Stayed there twice so far. I wouldn't hesitate to try the YC. I probably won't go back to BWI, although all the good nightlife is over there. The BWI fitness center is odd. There are tons of windows so it felt like a fishbowl and it was small. BC has a nicer fitness facility, IMO. I like the pool and pool bar FAR more at BC/YC. The pool at BWI was just lame and the pool bar didn't offer any good food, like Hurricane Hanna's, which is great! I liked taking the boat to DHS and the shorter walk to Epcot from the BC.

There wilk be kids at all the resorts. I never found the BC overly loud, crowded, or full of kids. It was actually quite peaceful and I spent quite a lot of time in the lobby.

DisneyDINK
04-06-2014, 10:38 PM
From my signature you can see where I've stayed. My favorite gym is at AKL - right off the mail pool. Ship shape at YC/BC is fine, again off the main pool. WL gym is my second favorite. BW/YC/BC have a good running route around the lake and WL you can run to and from FW. CR gym windowless - not good, but you can run past the MC to where they park the Water Pageant. You can also boat to the WL/FW and do that run. Haven't been back to the GF gym since the remodel. I REALLY hope it is better than it was; it has gotta' be.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Thank you all for the really insightful input! :thumbsup: It's all so much to think about, and I appreciate it. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Thank you all for the really insightful input! :thumbsup: It's all so much to think about, and I appreciate it. :mickey:

Let us know what you decide:mickey:

iheartdisney
04-11-2014, 08:04 PM
You've probably already made your decision but here is another vote for Boardwalk. Based on your requirements, I think the nightlife, proximity to EPCOT and DHS and the fact that you won't be utilizing the pool every day (BC/YC pool is a big draw for kids and families) best fits your needs.

That said, all of the resorts you mentioned are awesome. You truly won't go wrong with whatever you choose.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Well, it looks like my friends changed their minds about their budgets, and now they'd prefer to stay at a Moderate. :rolleyes:

Thank you all SO much for you input. :thumbsup: I guess I'll be posting a new topic though to decide which Moderate. :blush: