PDA

View Full Version : Roll away bed? Something from home?

biggins
03-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi Folks, hoping you can help with opinions. I will be taking my almost 3 yr old son with his grandparents and my husband on an upcoming trip and booking a 1bedroom villa through Disney. 2 adults will sleep in the open up couch and 2 on the bed. I'm not really sure where my son would sleep. He is currently still in his crib, will be too big for a packnplay by then and may/may not be in a big boy bed by then.. Should I ask for a roll away? There is a blow-up toddler size air mattress I can buy, but not sure I want to lug it, anyone sense with a similar situation and suggestions?? Thanks so much for any help!

faline
03-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Will you be staying in a resort that also offers a pull out chair?

Pirate Granny
03-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Disney one bedroom villas do NOT offer roll aways. So either rent a full size crib or bring a toddler blow up bed. IF the Villa has a pull out chair, it will be in the living room.

CanadianWDWFan
03-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Our case is a bit different than yours but with the same results. We have a 6'5" son who barely fits into the sofa bed so having his brother sleep in the same bed can get cramped. So we bought a blowup mattress for our youngest son. This way they can both get a good night sleep without fighting for bed space. We usually drive so putting it in the back of the car is not a problem.

yankeesfan123
03-30-2014, 09:15 PM
I've brought air beds multiple times to resort. They are $10 brand new at a store bear me, takes up almost no space in my luggage, and I just leave it there when I check out.

clarkee
03-31-2014, 06:38 AM
My family has gone every year since my oldest daughter was 5 months old. As soon as the girls were too big for the pack and play we started bringing an inflatable boat (the kind you use in the pool).

I like it better than the air matresses because they have sides. We bring a pack and play sheet for covering the boat and then a toddler bed sheet for the blanket. The one we picked up here cost about $25 but we have used it for the last three years. We blow it up with a foot pump. Both the boat and the foot pump fit easily in our duffle style suitcase. Ours came with an inflatable pillow too but you can just use one off the bed.

Both my daughters love their special bed and I never worry that they will roll off of it.