PDA

View Full Version : Rethinking Sci-Fi and Timing on MGM

mickeys_princess_mom
03-30-2014, 12:12 PM
(It will always be MGM to me.) ;)
DH wanted to eat at Sci-Fi for the retro thing--it's one of his faves. However, sounds like it's going to be more about Star Wars during May weekends...Show has been modified, right? Not his thing, and I have a feeling park will be super crowded. We arrive on a Wednesday evening. Was going to MK first whole day, but would Thursday be a better choice than Friday or Saturday, crowdwise? And wondering if we should wait till a later trip to revisit Sci-Fi.....? Our ressie is at 4:35 on Sat. at the moment. I read on another post that seating for Scit-Fi event begins at 4:15. Not sure how that will work...

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
If you're not into the Star Wars events, then I would steer clear of DHS/MGM on the May weekends. It is packed, and can get quite crazy (awesome, but crazy!)

Could you make it another night?

mickeys_princess_mom
03-30-2014, 02:01 PM
If you're not into the Star Wars events, then I would steer clear of DHS/MGM on the May weekends. It is packed, and can get quite crazy (awesome, but crazy!)

Could you make it another night?

I know we could go to MGM another night (thinking last half of Thursday, just do MK in morning...). I don't know if we can get in Sci-Fi. But if it's Star-Wars themed anyway, he'd just as soon wait.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-30-2014, 04:16 PM
You may just be in luck! I'm not sure which weekend in May you're going, but I searched each Thursday for dinner openings, and each week has *something*.

Lunch openings on Thursday are still plentiful, in case you can make later lunch work too. :eat:

buzznwoodysmom
03-30-2014, 04:39 PM
I thought the Star Wars clips and characters were only going to be during the special breakfast hours at Sci Fi? I was under the impression that lunch and dinner would be normal?

mickeys_princess_mom
03-30-2014, 08:54 PM
I thought the Star Wars clips and characters were only going to be during the special breakfast hours at Sci Fi? I was under the impression that lunch and dinner would be normal?

If this is true, and I can get in, he will be sooo happy! :mickey:

margiem
03-31-2014, 08:04 AM
I'm going in May also. Hollywood and Vine starting May 4 (the day I was going!) Is now 2 entitlements for dinner or and increase in price if paying cash because of the character meal (dressed as star wars characters). They called me trying to sell it but I wasn't buying so they forced a reservation for me somewhere else. Sci-Fi is having Star Wars breakfasts - 2 entitlements or an increase in price. I have reservations at Sci-Fi the following Saturday for dinner but don't want to face those crowds (although my kids probably want to). I've been trying to change them to but with no luck. Haven't tried lunch though. Will give that a try. Not happy, have had these reservations for months. Just when you think you are done planning. Oh well....such is Disney.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-31-2014, 09:22 AM
UPDATE: Called and was able to book SciFi for Thursday at 6:00, regular show, according to the CM. This man better know I love him. I am leaving the Magic Kingdom on my first whole day to take him to dinner at his favorite place! ;)
I think this will be a better plan than being at MGM on a Star Wars Weekend, crowdwise, since it's not his thing.