PDA

View Full Version : Two dining questions

NewDVCowner
03-29-2014, 01:29 PM
I have a trip coming up in less than a month and have two questions I know can get answered by the wonderful people here.

1. Are the milkshakes at the Whispering Canyon Cafe still considered a drink option on the dining plan?

2. Are you able to get boxes at the counter service restaurants to put desserts (or leftovers( to eat later?

Thanks so much!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-29-2014, 03:40 PM
When we ate at WCC last year, yes, we were able to get the Milkshake on the dining plan.

Most of the counter service desserts are pre-packaged, so they can travel somewhat well. I've never seen a "take-out" box though, but then, I've never asked for one either!

natedog24
03-29-2014, 06:15 PM
A lot of counter service places have plastic covers that fit right onto the plate they give you.

Obviously, you have to ask for them, otherwise you'll just get the plate of food. Like ibelieveindisneymagic said, most of the desserts are already in their own containers.

MargaretMessler
03-30-2014, 05:32 PM
I know the counter service eateries at the resorts tend to have takeout boxes, I've many a time taken my meal to go for eating in the room, by the pool, as a picnic, etc.

I'm sure just about anyplace would be able to accommodate you in some way.