It's been 7 years and I don't want to stand in line for the "dog" of a ride

Thanks

Scott

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-28-2014, 01:27 PM
The Figment ride at Epcot was a big disappointment to me

Bruegge
03-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Yep, I agree.. 7 years ago we wondered why no one was in line... we said "it cant be THAT bad... "

we were wrong

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
03-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Jungle Cruise is my ride disappointment. Do we really need fake animals when we have real ones down the street?

MargaretMessler
03-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Jungle Cruise is my ride disappointment. Do we really need fake animals when we have real ones down the street?

I actually like Jungle Cruise for the nostalgia factor. It was closed when I was there in the fall, so I'm hoping a refurb helps.

Scallywag
03-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Figment for sure. I also wish they could do something else with the first part of Ellens Energy Adventure. I always want to skip the movie and get right to the dinosaur part.

VWL Mom
03-28-2014, 04:32 PM
We were very disappointed with The Legend of Capt Jack Sparrow at DHS. You enter a room and stand there and listen to Capt Jack give a monologue. Wasn't worth the 45 minute wait IMO.

MrPeetrie
03-28-2014, 04:56 PM
JIYI. Wow, what a waste of a refurb.

Also, Expedition: Everest. Now, I don't mean it's a bad ride. On the contrary, it's one of our favorites. I just had it hyped up in my head too much for it to live up to expectations.

I had watched the TV shows on Making A Thrill Ride about it. I watched YouTube video ride-throughs before I had arrived so I missed out on being "surprised" the first time I rode it. (Big mistake. I won't do that for Seven Dwarfs.) I already knew it went backwards. I couldn't wait to see the magnificent audio-animatronic Yeti, but he was already in disco mode the first time I rode it.

It's a good ride, but I was very underwhelmed the first time I rode it.

Ian
03-28-2014, 04:58 PM
I could pick off the low hanging fruit like Journey Into Your (lack of) Imagination, but I think I'll go Spaceship Earth. I was very excited to see what they did with it and IMO it was a big dud. I don't like the new narration, the new ending is awful ... just totally unhappy with the way it turned out.

Honorable mention to Space Mountain. We thought we were getting the Disneyland version and when we found out it had been close for 18 months so we could get ... well ... the Disney World version again I was very disappointed.

natedog24
03-28-2014, 05:18 PM

To me (and I think most people), Jungle Cruise isnt about seeing animal animatronics - it's more about the skipper's terrible jokes and bad puns! Not to mention the nostalgia factor, Walt's vision and reasoning for the ride, and the background that goes with it. I think being at WDW requires you to check reality at the door and go into a world of fantasy. If you ride it expecting or wanting real animals, then I can see why you'd be disappointed.

My biggest disappointment is Dumbo. I know it's popular, but I honestly don't see the appeal. It goes up, in a few circles, then back down... PLUS the fact that you're not riding REAL flying elephants ;)

spoiledraf
03-28-2014, 06:28 PM
I agree with Dumbo being dumb but I a thallus enjoyed Stitch. Mainly because it was air conditioned and I got a chance to sit down when I was having a very uncomfortable day. And it was the first time we ever tried it. And it beats Figment every day of the week

JerseyDad
03-28-2014, 08:38 PM
......after waiting 2 yrs to get on to TSMM .....I was incredibly underwhelmed.

1DisneyNut
03-28-2014, 09:37 PM
I have a list that I couldn't pick which one I was most disappointed with. They all contain those silly unimaginative screens that show animation:

The three cabaleros. I don't know how they could have ruined the ride in mexico anymore.

Nemo......big yawn.

The new Little Mermaid attraction in Fantasyland....don't care if I ever ride it again......tear it out and put the old Snow White ride in its place.

Finally, Toy Story Midway Mania.....I can't for the life of me figure out what the draw to that attraction is......it is just an updated Buzz Lightyear for crying out loud. The best I can come up with is the fact it is one of the few attractions at Hollywood Studios that young children might enjoy.

angua85
03-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Toy Story Mania
Sue

WDWParrothead
03-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Discovery River Boats...I had more fun on the tram at the airport!

Main Street Jim
03-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Honorable mention to Space Mountain. We thought we were getting the Disneyland version and when we found out it had been close for 18 months so we could get ... well ... the Disney World version again I was very disappointed.18 months?

It more like about 7 months (April-November 2009)...but, yeah....even working there during the refurb, we all (the Space CM's) thought we would be getting *the* Disneyland ride soundtrack and all the cool special effects and stuff...yes, it was a big disappointment even with us "dedicated" CM's....it was like, "That's it?"

DKA041177
03-29-2014, 10:26 AM
I hate to say it, but another vote for Jungle Cruise. I am all about nostalgia, but with the amount of real estate it occupies I wish they would update it.

LudwigVonDrake
03-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Probably Little Mermaid in MK. Basically an "eh…"

SurferStitch
03-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Well, since DH and I love SGE, I can't agree with the OP's title for this thread, but as for greatest disappointment with a new/overhauled ride, it would probably be Spaceship Earth. The ending really is a letdown.

The Dad
03-30-2014, 10:53 AM
I've got to go with the Jungle Cruise......it is so lame that even the nostalgia factor can't salvage it.

texas211
03-30-2014, 12:55 PM
JC is one our favorites.

But I would say skip Swiss Family as it's nothing but a bunch of steps to look at furniture. I see no appeal at all to this attraction.

Also, the movies at Canada and China. I won't go through any movie where you have to STAND. France has a nice seated theater.

And the Hall of Presidents, at least until maybe the next election :)

Ian
03-30-2014, 07:29 PM
18 months?

It more like about 7 months (April-November 2009)...Wow, you're right. I just looked it up. I could have sworn it was closed a lot longer than that!

I must have been thinking of Disneyland's version, which was closed from April 10th, 2003 until July 15th, 2005.

Melanie
03-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Wow, you're right. I just looked it up. I could have sworn it was closed a lot longer than that!

I must have been thinking of Disneyland's version, which was closed from April 10th, 2003 until July 15th, 2005.

And this would be exactly why WDW didn't get the Disneyland version. :yes:

I may be stretching it with 'ride' and including an 'attraction', but give me Monster Sound Show ANY DAY over Sounds Dangerous. Sorry, but I'd go on Stitch 10x over this embarrassment.

azcavalier
03-31-2014, 02:10 PM
The Figment ride at Epcot was a big disappointment to me

Yeah, except remember that the OP was talking about rides he wouldn't stand in line for. There is *never* a line for Figment. ;)

Country Bears. Never, never, never.

joonyer
03-31-2014, 03:03 PM
To me, the lamest ride at WDW is the TomorrowLand speedway. My boys won't even wait in line for it. I get that it is fun for little kids to "drive" a car. But this attraction is nothing more than a 1950's amusement park ride with no Disney theming or magic whatsoever, unlike CoP or other originals. They could do so much more with this attraction "Theme-wise" and still have the cars to drive. But they don't. It's almost an embarrassment IMHO. But at least you can see what you are going to get. There's no surprise about exactly what it is, so no reason to be disappointed. We won't even bother to ride it when there's nobody in line. There's better car rides at most local amusement parks.

Gator
03-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Wow, all the hate for Imagination, Nemo clams, SSE, TSMM, Mexico, and even Ariel?!?! I'm shocked. I've enjoyed the refurbs as have my kids.

But the real shock is that no one has mentioned the greatest let down of all time. Ellen's Boring Universe of Unfunny. Holy cow this ride stinks! 45 minutes of yawn. There is NOTHING worse at WDW than this attraction, inlcuding Stich. I actually thought it would be interesting, being a science buff. But Ellen and Bill Nye drove the oak stake into the heart of this bloodsucking ride.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
03-31-2014, 04:33 PM
My vote goes to Ellen. The ride is way too long and boring! The space it occupies is HUGE, and I'd love to see something really exciting and new go in there.

Bruegge
03-31-2014, 05:21 PM
But Ellen and Bill Nye drove the oak stake into the heart of this bloodsucking ride.

Sry, just had to see that quote one more time....Classic..

azcavalier
03-31-2014, 05:39 PM
To me, the lamest ride at WDW is the TomorrowLand speedway. My boys won't even wait in line for it. I get that it is fun for little kids to "drive" a car. But this attraction is nothing more than a 1950's amusement park ride with no Disney theming or magic whatsoever, unlike CoP or other originals. They could do so much more with this attraction "Theme-wise" and still have the cars to drive. But they don't. It's almost an embarrassment IMHO. But at least you can see what you are going to get. There's no surprise about exactly what it is, so no reason to be disappointed. We won't even bother to ride it when there's nobody in line. There's better car rides at most local amusement parks.

Amen. You know why I didn't mention it? Because I had blocked it out of my memory. And it fits the OP's request about bad attractions that have lines. This one ALWAYS has a line, and it's sooooo not worth it. Yes, my DW rode it once with my youngest DD, and the DD loved it. So, for THAT reason alone it has some merit.

Scallywag
03-31-2014, 05:47 PM
My vote goes to Ellen. The ride is way too long and boring! The space it occupies is HUGE, and I'd love to see something really exciting and new go in there.

Agreed. A quick upgrade would be a movie based on Dinosaurs that leads into the dino part of the ride. I have a better chance staying awake for that than Ellen playing Dream Jeopardy.:sleepin:

DisneyGiant
03-31-2014, 11:22 PM
Stitch is the ultimate WORST attraction ever.

But since I was asked for another one besides Stitch - I'm going with the new Test Track. Lame, Lame, Lame. Looks like it was built on the "cheap."

And Honorable Mention - to the Original Tiki Room. So boring - you'd have to PAY ME to wait on a line for that! :secret:

EJS-Houston
04-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Sry, just had to see that quote one more time....Classic..

WOW! Couldn't disagree more. Your name wouldn't happen to be "Judy" would it?!

k10
04-01-2014, 01:59 PM
We were very disappointed with The Legend of Capt Jack Sparrow at DHS. You enter a room and stand there and listen to Capt Jack give a monologue. Wasn't worth the 45 minute wait IMO.

Ditto. It was....weird. You just stand around in a room for 10 minutes.

Middle of the Map
04-01-2014, 09:57 PM
My vote goes to Tomorrowland Speedway - smelly and loud and kind of boring after you do it once.

Second vote goes to Ellen's Energy Adventure. A great big yawn for the storyline, but a great place to catch a few zzzzz's.

Bruegge
04-02-2014, 12:33 AM
WOW! Couldn't disagree more. Your name wouldn't happen to be "Judy" would it?!

?? no why?? I must be missing the joke

Gator
04-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I missed the joke, too. I'm trying to figure out what Judge Judy has to do with this ride. I'm sure there'll be someone along to address our lack of "social culture". But I stand by what I said. There was a point on that attraction I was hoping the dino would eat Ellen. I'm unfamiliar with her comedy stuff, but she is so obnoxious on that ride.

Melanie
04-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I missed the joke, too. I'm trying to figure out what Judge Judy has to do with this ride. I'm sure there'll be someone along to address our lack of "social culture". But I stand by what I said. There was a point on that attraction I was hoping the dino would eat Ellen. I'm unfamiliar with her comedy stuff, but she is so obnoxious on that ride.

I think they are referring to 'Stupid Judy' from the attraction. ???

Bruegge
04-02-2014, 04:52 PM
I think they are referring to 'Stupid Judy' from the attraction. ???

Duh... I get it now... sry

Still like Gator's line....

The Horned King
04-03-2014, 07:22 AM
I'm going to have to go with mission space I am afraid. Miss Horizons too much......

Ian
04-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Okay I have to wade into the fray here and defend Ellen ... It's the best place to take a 45 minute nap in all of Walt Disney World!!!! ;)

i'm grumpy
04-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Once was too much for U of E, Figment. I don't care for the updated Mexcio ride, they should have left it alone. The speedway is so not worth the wait. TT is boring!

Gator
04-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Okay I have to wade into the fray here and defend Ellen ... It's the best place to take a 45 minute nap in all of Walt Disney World!!!! ;)

If they added cushions to those long fibreglass benches and took Ellen down about 10 dB, that would be almost perfect. They could change the pre-show movie to one of those Baby Einstein films - that'll get the nap juices flowin!

denygold
04-04-2014, 05:25 PM
I could pick off the low hanging fruit like Journey Into Your (lack of) Imagination, but I think I'll go Spaceship Earth. I was very excited to see what they did with it and IMO it was a big dud. I don't like the new narration, the new ending is awful ... just totally unhappy with the way it turned out.

Spaceship Earth went from being my #1 to maybe not even top ten for those reasons.

i'm grumpy
04-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Yep, they are a good place for a nap. LOL.

ASweetLov
04-05-2014, 01:41 PM
The Enchanted Tiki Room..... I suggested this ride on my 2012 trip with my sister and brother in law. I had never seen what it actually was and it was there first time at WDW. We sat there in a nice air conditioned room and then the show started.... My sister gave me a dirty look and said "I hate you" and then started laughing because she thought it was so bad. Well for the hell of it on my Disneymoon in 2013 I took my husband to experience it. Yeah he pretty much had the same reaction as my sister with a dirty look followed by an "I hate you". Haha! Guess this is not the attraction for my family:D

DKA041177
04-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Also agree on Tiki room.

texas211
04-06-2014, 11:12 AM
See, the Tiki is a must see for us. AC aside, which is a nice benefit, we love the classic qualities to it. It is fun. It is a bit better if there are more people in the audience.

Gator
04-08-2014, 12:15 PM
The Enchanted Tiki Room..... Yeah he pretty much had the same reaction as my sister with a dirty look followed by an "I hate you". Haha! Guess this is not the attraction for my family:D

I'm with you on this one. There were so many people going on and on about how much they hated the "Under New Management" version and that it needed to go back to it's original form. I thought UNM was really funny as well as entertaining. My kids liked it, too. Then they went back to the original version. BOOOOORRIINNNNGGG. I took my kids to it because they were begging to see it - they were none too happy about the change.

I know that Walt had a hand in the original, but that alone doesn't make it entertaining for the current generation. By now, Walt definitely would've done something different with this building.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Yep, Tiki Room would have to be my second and remember the Drew Carey sound show at DHS it was horrible too

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Yeah, except remember that the OP was talking about rides he wouldn't stand in line for. There is *never* a line for Figment. ;)

Country Bears. Never, never, never.

:funny:

HollyB
04-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Spaceship Earth went from being my #1 to maybe not even top ten for those reasons.

What's the new ending and how did it change? It's been a couple of years since we were in Epcot. We just had a flying visit last month and skipped that park, but we've always liked SE.

We're also Figment fans in our family, but mostly because the kids liked it when they were kids. I was not impressed with Little Mermaid last month. It seems like they could have gotten a lot more bang for their buck. It was okay, but we waited until evening and basically walked on. My kids (older teens) waited 50+ minutes and had nothing good to say at all. I would have been mad if I had waited that long too. :(

DisneyorBust
04-08-2014, 04:51 PM
I agree with many of the previous posts.
It seems to me that most refurbs and certain new attractions seem to have been done on the "cheap", Space Mountain he TTA, and Space Ship Earth are some examples that popped into mind. It begs me to question where is the "Imagination" that Disney was famous for?

Ian
04-08-2014, 10:26 PM
So I'm not going to question other people's choices for sure ... this is all about personal taste.

But the Tiki Room? I mean I get that it's not the most thrilling attraction on the planet, but I would honestly have to question how you could call yourself a Disney fan and list the attraction that literally gave birth to the audio-animatronic as the most disappointing one in the park?

On the merit of its history and heritage alone I wouldn't put it on the list. It would be like listing Carousel of Progress or Pirates!

Melanie
04-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Well Ian, While I totally agree with you on Tiki Room, I can't get over no one agreeing with me on Sounds Dangerous. I mean come on people...you LIKE that attraction?

natedog24
04-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Well Ian, While I totally agree with you on Tiki Room, I can't get over no one agreeing with me on Sounds Dangerous. I mean come on people...you LIKE that attraction?

I agree... Sounds Dangerous was terrible, but IMO it beats what's currently there...
It's a tough call for me, but I think I'd prefer a mediocre attraction to an empty space with no future plans. That's probably a new discussion for a new thread...

Lindsey310
04-09-2014, 09:16 PM
I actually love the jungle cruise...I find myself laughing hysterically at the corny jokes lol.

For me, Ellen's energy adventure needs to go. Too long and boring. The ride portion is ok but 45 min for the whole ride is just too long. :mickey:

BhamWriter
04-10-2014, 12:42 PM
I agree regarding Imagination (1st version great, 2nd version horrible, 3rd version better than 2nd), Stitch (belched hot dog is not my idea of a fun experience), and Tiki (either version; my wife didn't say "I hate you," but definitely hated the show). I disagree about Everest!, Ellen (long, yes, but still amusing, although certainly drags), Ariel (my wife was very underwhelmed by Ariel, though), Jungle Cruise (still fun, even if not state-of-the-art), and Spaceship Earth (although I tend to count the number of times Dame Judy says "futah").

I was a bit disappointed in the updated TestTrack, but I've never been a huge fan (I drive a convertible, so can replicate the "thrill").

Finally, if there's an embarrassment among the riches, it has to be the entire former Life pavilion at Epcot. I'd like the opportunity to be disappointed! I still miss Cranium Command and Body Wars.

SBETigg
04-10-2014, 01:02 PM
And this would be exactly why WDW didn't get the Disneyland version. :yes:

I may be stretching it with 'ride' and including an 'attraction', but give me Monster Sound Show ANY DAY over Sounds Dangerous. Sorry, but I'd go on Stitch 10x over this embarrassment.

I totally agree with you, Melanie. I don't even know how they could put Sounds Dangerous out there it is so bad, so very bad. Lacking quality, excitement- lacking in every way. Monster Sound Show was fun, skippable, but fun.

I'm not a big fan of the Test Track refurb. Fortunately, the best element (that last whip around the track) survived, but they took out most of what I enjoyed about the lead-up to that and replaced it with a slick boring presentation. I miss the old Test Track, good hokey fun. Yes, I even miss that annoying queue song.

Gator
04-15-2014, 02:06 PM
But the Tiki Room? I mean I get that it's not the most thrilling attraction on the planet, but I would honestly have to question how you could call yourself a Disney fan and list the attraction that literally gave birth to the audio-animatronic as the most disappointing one in the park?

Here's some parallels. No one drives a Model A or Model T even though they gave birth to production line autos. And no one carries around the 5lb cell phones that were the size of a Disney turkey leg, even though we all wanted one back in 1987.

Yes, Tiki gave birth to AA. I'm sure it was vastly entertaining when it came out. But it has to improve, just like Walt said. Me and the kids thought it did improve with Iago yucking it up with some cornball comedy. It had some of the original with some new comedy that appealed to kids and fun-loving adults alike. But to take it backwards seems... like the thread says, disappointing. But that's fine if people like it. I'm sure the tens of people who watch the show each hour reduce the riders on the other attractions :D Maybe you should get out your Tiki-inator and make your own Tiki Room in your backyard!

big blue and hairy
04-16-2014, 10:07 AM
I can't get over no one agreeing with me on Sounds Dangerous. I mean come on people...you LIKE that attraction?

I totally agree. One, it's really boring. Two, having worked in audio production, I know how easy what they did is to produce. Talk about "on the cheap" :shake: :rolleyes:

:sulley:

Terra
04-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Double post

Terra
04-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Ones that I did once and skip forever after [unless my kids beg for the dumbo flying ride and their sister counterparts] ;)

TSM
Monster's Laugh Floor thing.
Great Movie Ride [seriously let's update!]
Dumbo/Magic Carpets/Dino one
Buzz Lightyear [I do it with the kiddos, never on my own]

Ian
04-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Great Movie Ride [seriously let's update!]Yeah you know I really agree about this ... While I understand that some of these films are classics, couldn't we at least update the scenes from the lesser known films and maybe refreshing the CM scenes?

Like instead of gangsters and cowboys could we do horror films and sci fi or something? It's time for a change!

Ian
04-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Here's some parallels. No one drives a Model A or Model T even though they gave birth to production line autos. And no one carries around the 5lb cell phones that were the size of a Disney turkey leg, even though we all wanted one back in 1987.You raise all good points for sure, but let me counter by saying ... there are Model A's and Model T's and yes even 5 lb cell phones in museums all of the country.

Why? So people remember where we came from. I view the Tiki Room in the same way. :mickey:

W24toISMdirect
04-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Any answer that isn't "Journey Into Imagination with Figment" is wrong. Science proves that there can be no greater disappoint than that. Especially to anyone who grew up on the original.

GoldenDreams
04-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Wow, I loved Sounds Dangerous! I wish they'd bring it back! It was all about how your brain interprets sounds into physical feelings. Did you feel the hair dryer blowing on your neck when he got a haircut? Didn't you get chills when they snipped at your (his) hair? We were just talking last night about wanting that one back.

I also LOVE Ellen. I think she's hilarious. I have at times gone into Energy and watched just the movie and then left.

I am disappointed in Nemo because the audio is screechy. But the biggest diappointments are definitely Figment, Captain EO, and Tiki Room. We tried to explain Captain EO to our son: It was the 80's and ... nevermind, you had to be there.

Melanie
04-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Wow, I loved Sounds Dangerous! I wish they'd bring it back! It was all about how your brain interprets sounds into physical feelings. Did you feel the hair dryer blowing on your neck when he got a haircut? Didn't you get chills when they snipped at your (his) hair? We were just talking last night about wanting that one back.

That's not Sounds Dangerous. That was one of the booths they had after Monster Sound Show. And yes, I thought they were very cool.

BhamWriter
04-21-2014, 04:35 PM
But the biggest diappointments are definitely Figment, Captain EO, and Tiki Room. We tried to explain Captain EO to our son: It was the 80's and ... nevermind, you had to be there.

Captain EO is the greatest movie ever made. It's the movie Citizen Kane tried, but failed, to be. It's like taking the entire decade of the '80s, condensing it into a few minutes, and squeezing it into film. It's Dorothy's ruby slippers, Astaire's dancing on the ceiling, Bing's "White Christmas," Cagney's grapefruit, Wayne's "pilgrim," Brando's "Stella!," Mickey's ears, and Donald's temper. It's drinking a Slurpee so fast your brain doesn't just freeze; your whole life freezes: pure, concentrated greatness.

Septbride2002
04-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Soarin

With the wait times people were talking and the way everyone was going crazy on the boards I was expecting something epic. It's a nice ride and we go on it every 3rd trip or so (it is not a MUST DO for us) but I was utterly disappointed after all they hype and waiting in a 60+ minute line.

texas211
04-27-2014, 10:16 AM
The Kali River Rapids at AK. Long wait for about a 1 minute of ride. Way too short, and only 1 good stretch of rapids. Just about the time you are getting into the ride/story, its time to get off. To me its like the Maelstrom in that respect. By the time the story develops, time to get off.

yankeesfan123
04-27-2014, 10:26 AM
You raise all good points for sure, but let me counter by saying ... there are Model A's and Model T's and yes even 5 lb cell phones in museums all of the country.

Why? So people remember where we came from. I view the Tiki Room in the same way. :mickey:

The money for movie rights is probably double the cost of the actual refurbishment.

joonyer
04-27-2014, 06:08 PM
The Kali River Rapids at AK. Long wait for about a 1 minute of ride. Way too short, and only 1 good stretch of rapids. Just about the time you are getting into the ride/story, its time to get off. To me its like the Maelstrom in that respect. By the time the story develops, time to get off.

I understand your point, but just to be accurate, Kali River Rapids is three and a half minutes in length. But it is just basically one good thrill, and even that is too much water for some people. For comparison, Dinosaur is 3 min, 10 secs. and Exp. Everest is 2 min, 50 sec.