PDA

View Full Version : Preparing to make my ADRs - any last minute tips

conan617
03-28-2014, 10:27 AM
My 180 day window opens Monday morning.

I have a credit card on file in my MDE account.

I'm going to get up at 4:45 AM CDT to login and get everything situated.

I'm going to use the Google Chrome browser.

Lastly, I'm going to try and book in this order. Cindy's Royal Table, BOG, Ohana, Cape May, Boma, 50s Prime Time, 1900 Park Fare. Cindy's is the last day in WDW.

Any last minute tips? Did I forget anything?

jpcns50
03-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Sounds like you have it all ready....and it sounds like we are arriving on the same day because I will also be up early Monday morning trying to make ADR's for our family trip in September as well!

Good luck with your ADR's and I hope you get all you want....see you in Disney!

natedog24
03-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Yeah, it sounds like you're ready. One other thing people sometimes forget is to select a specific dining time, instead of "Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner". If you select "Dinner", it might only give you options at 8PM, but if you select 6PM, it'll give you options at 6.
I'm guessing you knew that, but in case you or someone else reading needs tips, there's one not to forget.
I made ADRs over the weekend and got everything we wanted. Good luck!

MrPeetrie
03-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Conan617, I just made my ADRs last Saturday. I logged in at 5:45 and waited until 6:00 a.m. I used Mozilla Firefox browser.

When I went to the Dining Reservation screen and selected a time, almost EVERY RESTAURANT displayed the message "NO TIMES AVAILABLE." I selected the restaurant anyway and went to the restaurant's individual screen. From there, I selected my party size, date, and time and clicked SEARCH. Many times, I received the same "NO TIMES AVAILABLE" message, but I repeatedly hit "SEARCH." Eventually, I would receive three possible times.

After receiving my choices, I selected one nearest to my desired time. That did not necessarily complete the transaction. Sometimes, it took me to a Names screen for me to select the guests who would be attending the meal. But many, MANY times, it took me to a screen which read "SERVER UNAVAILABLE AT MOMENT." That happened with a frequency rate of about nine times to one.

But here's a trick I tried that helped when that happened (slightly): Once in that screen, I logged out. Then I logged immediately back in. If it took me to the "SELECT GUESTS" page, then I was able to complete the reservation. If it returned me to the "SERVER UNAVAILABLE" screen a second time, I'd have to start all over.

Keep this in mind, I started at 6:00 a.m. and finished around 7:30. But I was able to get all the ADRs I wanted at the times I wanted, just by being persistent. And there were some difficult ADRs involved, including Be Our Guest for dinner, Chef Mickey's for breakfast, Tusker House for breakfast, and Prime Time for lunch.

Good luck. I hope you get all you want and expect a full report Monday night.

:thumbsup:

conan617
03-29-2014, 01:13 AM
Sounds like I'm ready for everything except system problems :mickey:
You can be assured I will give a full report Monday, Mr. P!!!!
Thanks for the info!

conan617
03-31-2014, 06:39 AM
That was easy. Took me about 20 minutes. I'll post the full breakdown later - once I wake up :blush: