PDA

View Full Version : EMH or no?

bshaw96
03-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Trying to finalize our plans and fast passes. I've seen some advise to take advantage of EMH, especially in AM. And I've seen others advise stay away from parks on days they have EMH. Opinions? I've never had to plan so hard for a vacation. Shew!

faline
03-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Morning extra magic hour is often worth the effort (especially with the new regulations around fastpass+). However, many folks who do not buy the park hopping option and take advantage of the morning hours are in the park to stay for the day which may make the park more crowded during regular hours. If you have the park hopper option, you can take advantage of the early access and then move to another location should you find the park too crowded later in the day.

I don't have much experience with the evening extra magic hours so can't really comment on that.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-27-2014, 06:46 PM
:ditto:

We've had really good experiences with morning EMH's. Crowds first thing are low, and you can get a lot done in a very short period of time.

Then, normally I'd recommend leaving the park that had EMH around 11am or so, when it starts to get busy and park hop. But, with FP+ planning, you can have three more attractions booked with little wait.

We've tried the evening hours, and found that you have to stay so late for crowds to disperse that it really isn't worth it.

Itchy
03-27-2014, 11:05 PM
We love the early hours as you only have the resort guests to contend with. We always p!an for the morning to hit our favorite rides and then park hop.
For us it just seems to work better.

We are to old to try the evening hours as its past our bed time. Just kidding...

Try it you will like it..:mickey:

missastrocat
03-28-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm a night owl and love using the EMH at night. As you suggested in your post, I do avoid the places that have EMH in the morning, as I don't get to the park until 12pm-1pm. That being said, I love to stay at the park that has evening EMH, especially if it stays open until 1 or 2am.

If you get there early enough or stay there late enough, you can get some pretty magical pictures when the crowds die down. Some of my favorite our ones we took with the help of trash cans to steady the lens while we took evening photos of the castle and SSE. Have fun!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-28-2014, 01:34 PM
I agree if you get up early and get to the park at opening you can get a lot done on EMH days, but the afternoons can become crowded. On our next trip we will probably use them for AK and DHS for sure because we only plan on being there a couple of hours, but will only use them for MK and Epcot if it works with our other plans