PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Lobby Construction Zone?

mickeys_princess_mom
03-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Was considering having breakfast or dinner at the Poly in May...Can anyone tell me what things are looking like at the moment? I was one of the ones uneasy about the changes taking place there. :(Has work begun? What's going on at the moment?

MyDisneyworld
03-28-2014, 10:33 AM
I was also wondering what the temporary quick service menu looks like if anyone knows? We were looking forward to captain cooks for breakfast and wanted to know if the temp location has a similar menu?

Figment!
03-28-2014, 09:25 PM
Has work begun? Latest Cast report is that the refurbishments have been pushed back to begin Early April.

I was also wondering what the temporary quick service menu looks like if anyone knows? This will likley not be available until the temporary location opens; tentatively April 10th.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Latest Cast report is that the refurbishments have been pushed back to begin Early April.

This will likley not be available until the temporary location opens; tentatively April 10th.

We are headed to the Magic in May, so I'm debating....Thank you much! :wave:

MyDisneyworld
03-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Does that mean Capt cooks is still open until April 10th?

Figment!
04-12-2014, 10:47 AM
The temporary Captain Cook's has opened in the Great Ceremonial House. The area is a full counter-service location with a small seating area, rather than a Grab and Go station used for some past temporary dining offerings.

Although Dole Whips are not available at the temporary location, many of the other typical items are available.

The location is offering three main meal periods with the following offerings:

Breakfast
6:30 am - 11:00 am
Tonga Toast, Bounty Platter, Mickey Waffle, and Croissant Breakfast Sandwich.

Lunch/Dinner
11:00 am - 11:00pm
Flatbreads: Cheese, Pepperoni, Hawaiian, and Daily Special
Sandwiches: Aloha Pork, Big Kahuna, Chicken, 1/3 lbs Angus Bacon Cheeseburger, and Thai Coconut Meatball.
Entrees: Caesar Chicken Salad, Polynesian Tossed Salad, Pork Nachos, Thai Coconut Meatballs, and Chicken Teriyaki.

Late Night
11:00 pm - 1:30 am
Flatbreads: Cheese, Pepperoni, Hawaiian, and Daily Special.

The temporary location is scheduled to operate 6:30 am - 4:00 am daily until the original location completes its refurbishment in "Summer 2014".

Lindsey310
04-12-2014, 08:25 PM
My parents just came back today. They said they haven't started the renovations on the lobby but captain cooks was already closed and a temporary location is in the old wyland galleries. :eat:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-12-2014, 11:11 PM
My parents just came back today. They said they haven't started the renovations on the lobby but captain cooks was already closed and a temporary location is in the old wyland galleries. :eat:

:thanks: We've booked some other places this time. Going to try to keep things simple and not dash back and forth. :wave:

MyDisneyworld
04-16-2014, 01:29 PM
We were just there and the temp location is nice but in a strange location. We didn't realize what it was until the cast member told us. It's under the stairs on the way to the old location.
Also you can tell they have not been taking care of the plants around the lobby i'm guessing because they are remodeling it.

twinboyz
04-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Sorry-- going to hop on this thread.:blush:

Has anyone eaten at the Kona Cafe with the construction going on?.. is it loud? Just wondering if I should cancel my ressies for breakfast there.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Melanie
04-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Sorry-- going to hop on this thread.:blush:

Has anyone eaten at the Kona Cafe with the construction going on?.. is it loud? Just wondering if I should cancel my ressies for breakfast there.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

There is no construction going on within Great Ceremonial House yet, with the exception of Capt. Cook's, which is completely closed off.

The temp location of Capt. Cook's is strange, but very large. I think Figment mentioned it was a CM break area. It's under the stairs running beside Ohana down to the gift shop. I posted pics on ICOTs twitter account on Sunday.

twinboyz
04-22-2014, 02:34 PM
There is no construction going on within Great Ceremonial House yet, with the exception of Capt. Cook's, which is completely closed off.

The temp location of Capt. Cook's is strange, but very large. I think Figment mentioned it was a CM break area. It's under the stairs running beside Ohana down to the gift shop. I posted pics on ICOTs twitter account on Sunday.

Awesome! Thanks!!:thumbsup: