PDA

View Full Version : DVC first time

biggins
03-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Hi! After much back and forth, we have decided to most likely book a room at BCV for the first time. We are not members and would book this through the regular disney process. We would like to try it so that we have the extra room to let my 2 year old son sleep and we can stay up a bit. I'm also looking for possible purchase in the future. I was wondering, will there be much difference in process, housekeeping or anything else, from a stay in the regular resort rooms? I'm just curious what to expect, dont want to lose any of the magic :mickey: Thanks for any information.

PlutoPlanet
03-26-2014, 12:10 PM
You really don't get housekeeping daily with DVC. They give you new towels on Wednesday as I understand. I take out the trash for us. We actually like this better. More like staying, well, home.

PlutoPlanet
03-26-2014, 12:11 PM
One more thing, we love the washer and dryer. We do a load in the morning and another as we get ready for dinner. We pack lighter and always have clean clothes in the FL heat.

VWL Mom
03-26-2014, 12:17 PM
I was wondering, will there be much difference in process, housekeeping or anything else, from a stay in the regular resort rooms? I'm just curious what to expect, dont want to lose any of the magic :mickey: Thanks for any information.

If you are staying on a cash reservation you will get daily housekeeping. It will be the same service as if staying at the resort with your supplies replenished daily.

If you later decide to join or rent points, housekeeping you would have trash/towel service on day four.

biggins
03-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Thank you!

Donald_Quackers
03-27-2014, 10:50 AM
To add to the others, for stays of 7 days or less, you get trash/towel on day 4. For 8 days or more, you get a full cleaning on day 4 and trash/towel on day 8.

VWL Mom
03-27-2014, 12:41 PM
To add to the others, for stays of 7 days or less, you get trash/towel on day 4. For 8 days or more, you get a full cleaning on day 4 and trash/towel on day 8.

This applies to those staying on points. When paying cash through Disney the OP will have full housekeeping.