PDA

View Full Version : MDE early access to Epcot FP+

Bruegge
03-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Stick with me here...
I'm 85 days out and playing around with MDE iphone app

If you are near this time try this... Iphone app only doesn't work on the computer.

Give this a try ... it worked last nite and today

Click on Fpass+
Click on Make or Manage
pick the first day of your stay (my is in June 19th , 85 days out)
Click on make or manage again
Select All.. guests
Now, it shows all parks but I cant open the parks... but...

Click on Let us suggest experiences for you

Click on Suggest a park (first choice)

It opens Epcot's fp list..
You can make them and it works...

I canceled them since I'll not be in epcot the first two days of my stay.

It won't allow day 3 or later .... just day one or two (on my phone anyway)

It only picks Epcot.... but you can make FP+ for the first day of your stay (I can't believe it's only my reservation) see if it works for you...

Try it out ... it worked at 5:00pm EST

yankeesfan123
03-25-2014, 05:50 PM
No luck here (visiting 8/3)

gerald72
03-25-2014, 06:56 PM
No luck here either.

Bruegge
03-25-2014, 07:00 PM
No luck here either.

That's weird, it worked for me, and it still working I can get Epcot fast passes on the first and second day of my reservation June 19 and 20th.

Again only on the iPhone not on the computer

I can't get to Epcot on those days. I have on my schedule to visit Epcot on my third day of reservations

Maybe they're just teasing me

Edit: It shows them in my MDE as
valid fast passes, but it won't let me change them.I wonder if they're just Phantom fast passes

Dream'nDisney
03-26-2014, 01:25 PM
After you made the FP+ selections, were you able to log on to My Disney Experience on the computer and see them?

Dream'nDisney
03-26-2014, 01:30 PM
I just tried it and it said FP+ selections were unavailable to me at this time. Guess I'll have to wait until next week (my 60 day out date).

Bruegge
03-26-2014, 04:29 PM
After you made the FP+ selections, were you able to log on to My Disney Experience on the computer and see them?

Yes, I can't change them only cancel them.. which I did...

I just tried it NOW and it still works..

click fastpass (MDE iphone app)
click Make or Manage
click select all (people in party
click next
all four parks say "some guest tickets are not applicable"
click Let Us suggest experiences for you
click Suggest a park for the day
Pick your Epcot selections and choose your 4 options
click next
and it says "your party is all set

the date I used here was June 19h our second day of a 8 rday reservation at GF
Now I got to go and cancel this since I cant do epcot that day anyway

So far I've been able to do this 3 days in a row... Never a different park always Epcot.. never an option to change parks ... I can change times and rides but when I try to change parks it flags me as unable to make fp+s at this time (paraphrase)

yankeesfan123
03-26-2014, 08:01 PM
The second I hit "next" after selecting everyone in my party, my adventure stops.

SuzieBell
03-29-2014, 11:27 AM
I was able to make mine for Epcot only. Traveling 6/5-6/14 (68 days out!) Got it for a 6/6 date. I didn't like the times available, so after I made my choice, I was able to change the times. Was not able to do this on the computer, just iphone. Logged onto MDE on computer and it's appearing! 1 day down, 7 more to go!

Bruegge
03-29-2014, 11:49 AM
I was able to make mine for Epcot only. Traveling 6/5-6/14 (68 days out!) Got it for a 6/6 date. I didn't like the times available, so after I made my choice, I was able to change the times. Was not able to do this on the computer, just iphone. Logged onto MDE on computer and it's appearing! 1 day down, 7 more to go!

Exactly..... IPhone only... I'm 80 days out

That's what I've been saying..... only by clicking on "let us pick a park for you" etc.. It Only offers Epcot as a park.

I think a lot of people thought I was crazy.. Both my epcot days 6-23 and 6-25 now have fp's that show on MDE ... I cant change them thru the computer... just cancel...

Read a long chat on this in TP and it seems to be only June so far.

It's really not a great advantage seeing as how I can get FP's in 20 days... but it's nice to play with the " Live" app so when the 60 day mark comes we have a working knowledge of the procedures and can zip right thru the process...

SurferStitch
03-30-2014, 10:37 AM
As soon as I click "Make or Manage", it takes me directly to a calendar (on my iPhone). I can't get past the calendar. It only allows me to make FP+'s up through 4/29 (AP holder).

I don't understand how you go straight from "Make or Manage" to choosing your party. A date has to be chosen first (at least from what I'm seeing.)

Bruegge
03-30-2014, 11:08 AM
As soon as I click "Make or Manage", it takes me directly to a calendar (on my iPhone). I can't get past the calendar. It only allows me to make FP+'s up through 4/29 (AP holder).

I don't understand how you go straight from "Make or Manage" to choosing your party. A date has to be chosen first (at least from what I'm seeing.)

Read original post.
Make sure you have hotel reservations for the day you pick... the first day or two worked for me...
as of 11:10am et today (sunday) It still works.

I'm doing this for June 19th 2014as I type.... to make sure I get the steps right.. follow along with your IPhone....

in mde iphone app pull the item list from the left to the right look down to Plan & Manage
click fastpass+
click make or manage
pick date
hit make or manage again
select all guests (did not try to hit just one we are sticking together)
hit next
Now, it lists all the parks but you CANT click them it says "Some Guest Tickets are not Applicable"
look lower and click on "Let us Suggest Experiences for You"

Click on "Suggest a Park for One Day"
Epcot choices now appear.... (I never have gotten another park option than Epcot)

Pick what you want and hit next
It offer the famous time options a,b,c or d pick one and hit next.

it says, "congratulations" Your party is All Set"

click done and go check your MDE and it shows up.

Again it doesn't work on the website just the IPhone.. I use a 5..

If for some reason it works for June and not other times.... I'm not sure why

again I don't think that if Im staying onsite... it makes any difference if I use it now or in 20 days...(60 day mark) I delete the FP+'s after I make them.. but it is great to "practice" the live app so when the day comes to make them all I have a good working knowledge of the system and can make them quickly without having to call for help with questions or any problems

yankeesfan123
03-30-2014, 11:49 AM
As I said above, I've followed your directions to the T.

This does not seem to work for everyone.

After I select everyone in my party and hit "next", I hit a roadblock and I cannot go any further.

Bruegge
03-30-2014, 04:44 PM
As I said above, I've followed your directions to the T.

This does not seem to work for everyone.

After I select everyone in my party and hit "next", I hit a roadblock and I cannot go any further.

Your guess is as good as mine... so far (here) only one other person could do it...(or said that they did)...

It still works for me... as stated before.. and has been that way for a week or so.

SurferStitch
03-30-2014, 06:57 PM
I DID follow your instructions to the T. I can't choose ANY date past 30 days. I have a resort reservation. I don't understand how you can pick a day 85 days out. I can't, and apparently others can't either.

The only reason I can even go 30 days out is because of my AP.

You may just be experiencing a lucky glitch. Run with it!! Just don't assume I couldn't or didn't read your original post.

yankeesfan123
03-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Looks like the newest update (today, for me) doesn't allow you to look any farther out in the calendar than 30 days.

This is probably related to the new off-site guest booking window since they don't have resort stays connected to the account.

Bruegge
03-30-2014, 11:00 PM
I DID follow your instructions to the T. I can't choose ANY date past 30 days. I have a resort reservation. I don't understand how you can pick a day 85 days out. I can't, and apparently others can't either.

The only reason I can even go 30 days out is because of my AP.

You may just be experiencing a lucky glitch. Run with it!! Just don't assume I couldn't or didn't read your original post.

Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to assume anything. I just thought maybe you read my post in the middle of the thread that didn't have all the step-by-step instructions that I put in the first post.

I just re-did it for you so I could make sure I was telling you the steps I took.
I didn't mean to make you mad...

SurferStitch
03-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to assume anything. I just thought maybe you read my post in the middle of the thread that didn't have all the step-by-step instructions that I put in the first post.

I just re-did it for you so I could make sure I was telling you the steps I took.
I didn't mean to make you mad...

Eh, no worries!! Not mad at all!! :mickey:

Dream'nDisney
03-31-2014, 02:09 PM
after I select FastPass+ and then Get Started with FastPast+ Selection, it only looks at March and April. I can't get passed that. I did look and it shows our room reservation for June. ugh

Bruegge
03-31-2014, 02:44 PM
after I select FastPass+ and then Get Started with FastPast+ Selection, it only looks at March and April. I can't get passed that. I did look and it shows our room reservation for June. ugh

Well the update went through.... I can't do it anymore..... oh well, it was fun while it lasted

SuzieBell
04-01-2014, 07:59 PM
I guess I was that one person! :blush: Yes it worked, but with the new update, sad to say it does not anymore. My original FP's are still there, but I can not get past the calendar. My 60 days is this Sunday for June 5th. Calendar only goes to May 1st. It better let me in Sunday or ...:mad: