PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Horror Nights 24

DizneyFreak2002
03-24-2014, 12:56 AM
it's that time again... Spring starts, so we start discussing autumn holidays in the theme parks... Just as the north east braces for one last shot of snow (at least I hope it's the last, though not much, if any, will hit NJ on Tuesday into Wednesday)...

According to Universal's website, though not officially announced, HHN 24 will run on select nights from September 19 to November 1... Official announcement due soon... Maybe as early as today (Monday)...

DizneyFreak2002
03-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Officially announced by Universal:

Event nights are as follows:

September 19, 20, 25, 26, 27 and 28
October 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30 and 31
November 1

HHN 24 will feature 8 haunted houses, spine chilling street experiences, and two stage shows (Bill and Ted for one, maybe RHPS coming back again?) along with the rides and attractions...

hauntedmansiongirl
04-19-2014, 01:28 AM
That is so exciting! We went for the first time last year and loved it! We're planning on going September 25th!

minnie04
04-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Perfect Oct 24th is on the list... The kids are out of school that day, so we are planning on doing it that weekend... Thanks for the Info :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-09-2014, 10:45 AM
What time does regular park entry end on these nights? Was considering a universal trip during my kids fall break. We are mainly interested in the new Harry Potter stuff, but would be bummed to have to exit the parks before dark. Not sure if my kids are of appropriate age for the HHN, or if I want to dish out additional cash for the tickets.

DizneyFreak2002
05-13-2014, 07:08 PM
What time does regular park entry end on these nights? Was considering a universal trip during my kids fall break. We are mainly interested in the new Harry Potter stuff, but would be bummed to have to exit the parks before dark. Not sure if my kids are of appropriate age for the HHN, or if I want to dish out additional cash for the tickets.

Not sure but they usually close the park around 5 or 6... So chances are you'll be exiting the park before dark...

buzznwoodysmom
05-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Not sure but they usually close the park around 5 or 6... So chances are you'll be exiting the park before dark...

Well that's a bummer. Now I am not sure if going during the kids fall break is such a good idea. I don't like having to leave the parks that early.

During HHN, are guests still able to visit all of the park? If we are interested in regular park attractions, and the new Wizarding World stuff will all of that be open during the event? Or is it strictly HHN stuff going on? Also at 14 and 12, are my kids considered within the appropriate age for HHN? I've never been so I'm not sure if it's frowned upon to have young teens/tweens in attendance. Neither of them are scared of much, but not sure how "scary" everything is. I, on the other hand, would probably not enjoy it much. I'm a big wimp when it comes to haunted houses and horror type stuff. LOL.

MizMissy
05-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Well that's a bummer. Now I am not sure if going during the kids fall break is such a good idea. I don't like having to leave the parks that early.

I don't know the answer to all of your questions, but I looked at going to Universal last year (or maybe year before) during fall break and having HHN every night turned me off of going. I am a wimp and have NO interest in attending HHN. I guess you could just plan to spend the evenings in IOA, but with the new HP stuff opening in US, that really defeats the purpose of going if you lose hours of access to US.
Another problem I had was that I tried to plan the trip too late. Because of HHN popularity, I had trouble booking rooms. So, if you do decide to go, you need to book your room soon.

DizneyFreak2002
05-14-2014, 05:11 PM

During HHN, are guests still able to visit all of the park? If we are interested in regular park attractions, and the new Wizarding World stuff will all of that be open during the event? Or is it strictly HHN stuff going on? Also at 14 and 12, are my kids considered within the appropriate age for HHN? I've never been so I'm not sure if it's frowned upon to have young teens/tweens in attendance. Neither of them are scared of much, but not sure how "scary" everything is. I, on the other hand, would probably not enjoy it much. I'm a big wimp when it comes to haunted houses and horror type stuff. LOL.

They advertise the event geared towards adults... I have seen kids there though... Mostly teens... You know your kids better than anyone else... Can they handle being spooked? Then yes... It is about shock value and fright... Bill and Ted's is adult themed, though teens make up a huge portion of that audience... If your kids can watch horror movies, they should be able to handle HHN... The worst of the haunted houses, honestly, are team members popping out from behind their hiding spot... While there may be grotesque scenes in the houses, they don't provide fright... Just add to the sinister ambiance... The scare zones never scared me... Last year, zombies walked the entire park.. Would approach you, then zip away... Teenage girls provided most, if not all, the screams... again, if they can handle horror movies, they can handle HHN...

As for the attractions, yes, the attractions are open... Whether Diagon Alley will be open though remains to be seen... No one really knows is JK agreed to allow anything HHN related into Diagon Alley, or if she okayed the land be open... I guess it is possible they have the land open, but no HHN scare zones in London/Diagon alley, no haunted houses in Diagon Alley... We'll find out soon!!!!

drosenbe
07-24-2014, 09:14 PM
We'll be in orlando the week of 10/7. HHN are scheduled for Thursday thru sunday when we're there. We don't plan on going to HHN, but want to see US and IOa.
The hours posted at the web site state that US will be open till 8PM on one of the nights. Does that mean that we'll be able to stay and ride attractions until 8pm?

DizneyFreak2002
07-24-2014, 10:44 PM
We'll be in orlando the week of 10/7. HHN are scheduled for Thursday thru sunday when we're there. We don't plan on going to HHN, but want to see US and IOa.
The hours posted at the web site state that US will be open till 8PM on one of the nights. Does that mean that we'll be able to stay and ride attractions until 8pm?

On HHN nights, the park closes, I want to say, 5/6-ish... Unless you have a HHN ticket, you have to vacate the park upon closing...

If the park states a 8 PM closing on a night HHN is not taking place, then yes, you can stay in the park until 8... But on a HHN night, no, park closes earlier to day guests without HHN admission tickets...