PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Karen and a Quick Trip Report

LodgeMan
03-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Just returned from spring break (3/15 to 3/22).

Karen at Magical Journeys did a great job
(as usual) with our trip.

A quick report about our trip.

1. Port Orleans Riverside is as beautiful as ever. The grounds are magnificent. We really enjoyed it. We asked and got a corner room (building 39, very convenient) and received early check in around 10 am.

2. The MagicBand is great. Very convenient as a room key, park pass, and charge card.

3. My Disney Experience worked great. Was able to change FastPass+ times and attractions, book dining, and view daily plans.

4. We adopted the strategy of going to a park early in the morning and then using FastPass+ in the afternoon/evening at a different park. This works well in the am -- you can get on two or three popular attractions before the standby lines get very long. You can't wait to book FastPass+ in a park. The lines at the kiosks were very long. You really have to plan everything in advance -- this fits our style and we liked it.

5. The brioche ice cream sandwich in France was unbelievable. Slice a brioche in half, scoop of ice cream (we selected white chocolate cocoanut), topping (we chose raspberry sauce),
close it up, and then heat the sandwich in a machine that looked like a waffle maker. Sandwich is warm with slightly melted ice cream.

6. The longest line in any park was in Norway for the characters of Frozen. Three to five hour waits were common!

natedog24
03-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Sounds like you had a great time!
Never had the I've cream sandwich in France - I'll check that out when I go in Sept.
Can't believe a character meet & greet was more than 3 hours!! I can't imagine waiting 5 hours for anything at WDW...

faline
03-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Thanks for reporting!

yankeesfan123
03-23-2014, 04:30 PM
I think your trip report is incorrect.

It's supposed to say "FP+ was terrible, MDE had a million glitches, my vacation was ruined, and I'll never go back".

;)

Kairi_7378
03-23-2014, 07:21 PM
So glad that you had a good trip! Good to hear that you came up with a FP+ strategy that works for your family. Karen at Magical Journeys is great. She has handled my last two trips and she will be the first person I contact once DH and I settle on the date of our next trip!

Bruegge
03-23-2014, 10:38 PM

It's supposed to say "FP+ was terrible, MDE had a million glitches, my vacation was ruined, and I'll never go back".

;)

Yea, where's the fun in a happy camper...Geesh!! (sarcasm intended)

marlyn
03-23-2014, 11:18 PM
I must admit that I'm glad my boys are adults now and we don't have to wait hours for a meet with characters. 5 hrs is insane!
Agree about Karen at MJ. She's awesome!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-24-2014, 11:37 AM
She's handled all my trips too. :mickey: Thanks for the report

LVT
03-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Thank you for a lovely and above all, positive report.:thumbsup:

Tiggerlovr9000
03-31-2014, 08:10 PM

;)

I am glad that they had a great trip but do you want real trip reports or fake ones.

emerzmom
04-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Wow, it sounds like a really great trip. Three to four hours for a character meet and greet WOW! The ice cream sandwich sounds great!
Thanks for your report.
:tink:
Julie

vizsla
04-02-2014, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
04-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Thanks for sharing.

WDWFRK
04-06-2014, 08:09 PM
We also found that FP+ strategy to work well! I'm already putting that ice cream brioche sandwich on my to-eat lust for the next trip!

WDWFRK
04-07-2014, 11:16 AM
*list* :blush: (although maybe my subconscious is lusting after it :))