PDA

View Full Version : How far of a walk from Royal Pacific to City Walk?

Gregandmel
03-19-2014, 08:13 AM
We are visiting Universal for the very first time at the end of June this year. We are booked at Royal Pacific and I'm trying to get my bearings on how far of a walk it actually is from this resort over to City Walk. I'm not sure if it's more time efficient to take the boat taxi to City Walk, or to just walk over there. I've used Google Maps, etc... but sometimes things are further away than they seem. Since it will be very hot at this time, just didn't want to start off on what I think will be a 10 minute walk, only to find out it's more like 25! :thumbsup: Thanks for any info!!

RedSoxandPatsfan
03-19-2014, 09:35 AM
It's not that far at all. When we went the kids used to race us. They'd walk fast / run while others would take the boat. If running they would always beat us. I'd venture a guess that the walk is in between a half mile to mile. There were times where walking was definitely faster because you had just missed the boat and would have to wait for the other. In those cases the walkers always won.

Have a great trip.

faline
03-19-2014, 10:01 AM
The walk is very short. If you walk to the park(s), you need to walk through the Citywalk area to get there. I think we used the boat once and just walked the rest of the time.

MizMissy
03-19-2014, 10:23 AM
The walk really is pretty quick. You exit RP through the front of the hotel for the walk (I found that was quicker than walking through the pool). The RP boat dock is on the other side of the pool. Our room was closer to the front of the hotel so the walk seemed quicker for us.

When you enter City Walk, you enter behind Margaritaville. The boat dock is past Margaritaville in the middle of city walk. I guess it depends on where you are going. My luck on waiting on boat transportation is not the greatest, so I would rather "control my own destiny" and walk.

Gregandmel
03-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Ok thanks for the information. We'll figure it out once we get there I guess. We want to do Margaritaville for dinner Saturday night and try & get there early - around 4pm or 4:30pm before the mad dinner rush so was trying to determine how long it might take. We may try the walking part on our first night and see what we think before we hit the parks on Sunday. Not knowing how quick or efficient the boats are, don't want to end up waiting 30 minutes for something we could've easily walked to. Thanks so much!!:thumbsup:

MizMissy
03-19-2014, 11:12 AM
I think walking to Margaritaville is definitely the way to go. Just ask the valets out front and they will point you in the right direction ... only one path to follow.

If you have not stayed on Universal property yet, it really is amazing how close everything is to each other. Compared to long bus rides at Disney, everything at Universal is very easy and convenient.

Have a great trip!!

buzznwoodysmom
03-19-2014, 11:58 AM
We have only stayed at Hard Rock Hotel, but from everything I have read the walk from HHR and Royal Pacific are very comparable. I would say it was less than a 10 minute walk to the parks, so City Walk would be even quicker. We used the boat transportation only once, and I found it to take much more time than walking.

The close proximity to everything is one of the main reasons we love staying in the Universal Hotels. It makes your vacation so much easier. You are going to be amazed at how easy a Universal trip is compared to Disney. Everything is within walking distance!

tinksmom02
03-23-2014, 09:16 AM
There are also the bike people--why can't I think of the name right now? Rickshaws?--who will take you from hotel to the entrance of CityWalk, or vice versa, for tips. We did that once, I think, but the walk really isn't too bad.

Middle of the Map
04-01-2014, 10:17 PM
It took me about 15 minutes to walk from the Royal Pacific to City Walk, but I'm a little slow. I imagine someone walking at a moderate speed could make it in 10-12.