PDA

View Full Version : Fish Tank at T-Rex Broke!

Basket Mommy
03-18-2014, 09:34 AM
My daughter and I are at WDW right now. On the news last night there was a story about a fish tank at T-Rex (DTD) that broke and started pouring water. I'm sure you could find the video on YouTube. No fish or guests were harmed, and the restaurant was able to stay open.

Patricia
03-18-2014, 09:50 AM
I was just popping by to post this. Yes, there was plenty of confusion when a seam split open on one of the fish tanks. Nobody was harmed but by the looks of the video some may have been wet.

Here is the article from Orlando Sentinel:

A fish tank broke at a Downtown Disney restaurant Monday, sending water gushing into the dining room at T-Rex Cafe and people jumping up from their seats, witnesses said.
Kate Wallace, 28, of San Diego and her family were sitting about 20 feet from the tank when she heard "a big noise" as the water poured out in a stream.
"There was a lot of commotion," she said. "The whole section just sort of went crazy.

"It was chaos," one man posted on Facebook.

Witnesses said employees scooped up the fish in a net as the water level dropped quickly and brought out trash cans and long-handled squeegees. Wallace, who is on vacation, praised the staff's quick response.

"The staff — they were doing the best job that they could," she said. "It was craziness. Just kind of people freaking out. It's not something that you see very often. How do you respond to that?"

Wallace, a freelance public-relations professional, said it appeared as though a seam opened up on the tank. Some people were sitting directly below it and must have gotten wet, she said. There were no reports of injuries.

An employee who answered the phone at the restaurant said a manager told her to refer questions to corporate headquarters. No one answered the phone at Landry's, the Houston company that owns T-Rex Cafe.

Wallace and her family had just ordered when the aquarium erupted. They ended up going elsewhere to eat.

tinkwest
03-18-2014, 11:05 AM
I saw that on the news last night and my first thought was, "I'd hate to have been sitting at that table right next to where it burst"

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Oh ick! That would have been horrible ... but I'm glad I wasn't a fish!

kakn7294
03-18-2014, 02:54 PM
I feel bad for the fish. I hope they all survive. I wouldn't be happy about getting wet but worse things could happen.

Patricia
03-23-2014, 11:07 AM
It has been reported that all the fish were rescued.

TinkerbellT421
03-24-2014, 08:23 AM
There is a video on the youtubes that shows a couple of servers actually getting into the fish tank to save the fish, which I think is wonderful, they certainly care about the fish! Me, as much as I love animals, sticking my head in that fish tank has me sort of skeeved out. Those workers are certainly better than I!

You can search for the video called "T-REX Cafe fish tank bursts, servers jump in to save fish..."

Scar
03-24-2014, 08:52 AM
It has been reported that all the fish were rescued.So I guess we won't be seeing any new items on the menu?

Mousemates
03-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Sounds like a good alternate storyline for Finding Nemo.