PDA

View Full Version : Which Properties In Universal?

DizneyFreak2002
03-17-2014, 10:27 AM
I thought we would have some fun with this... Universal has some huge plans for the next decade for the parks in Orlando (and Hollywood, and well, around the world)... Harry Potter was just the beginning... Toon Lagoon is on the chopping block.... Lost Continent is probably seeing its last few years.... There is a huge plot of land which can be used by Men In Black.. Also, Men In Black is rumored to go away once that plot of land is used... Same goes for Fear Factor Live... KidZone is scheduled for a complete refurbishment...

No doubt Universal will look toward IPs to fill these areas... The question is, which IPs will they turn to? Here is where the fun comes in... Vote in the poll which IPs (yes, you can vote for more than one) you would like to see Universal obtain the rights to and use in their theme parks...

Some of the IPs I list have been rumored... Some are fanboy dreams... Some are neither... Some will be just a ride as part of an over all land, some will be an entire land... Makes no matter... This is to see what IPs you all would like to see (whether as just one ride or an entire land)... There will be an option for OTHER... If you do select other, please post here and describe the IP.. Any IP I do not list which you would like to see...

Let's have some fun with this!!!

Melanie
03-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Where's the poll? ;)

Can I just say that I'm so glad Toon Lagoon is going away? That area is really cheesy to me. Knowing what they can and are willing to do, I'm happy to see something else go there.

DizneyFreak2002
I put The Grinch and The Lorax together as an option... These are rumored to be coming to Seuss... Well, at least one is... Still vote even though you prefer one over the other... Post here in the thread which one you prefer...

Let's have a great discussion about these, and other IPs... :)

DizneyFreak2002
Where's the poll? ;)

Can I just say that I'm so glad Toon Lagoon is going away? That area is really cheesy to me. Knowing what they can and are willing to do, I'm happy to see something else go there.

The poll should be there... I'm seeing it...

Melanie
03-17-2014, 10:37 AM
I see it now. That was weird. :secret:

DizneyFreak2002
03-17-2014, 10:45 AM
I did select OTHER...

Universal is bringing back Kong, so why not, some how, bring back Jaws? They are going to be adding a water park soon... Maybe do a Amity themed area... Move the shark photo op from Universal to the water park... That would explain why it is safe to swim in the waters, Jaws has been captured and killed... Here, take your picture with the shark... Now go swim, it is safe...

Another IP which is not utilized... Universal's classic monsters... Yes, they currently have Monsters Cafe, but that is rumored to be going away as well, possibly finally becoming that NEST themed cafe which was rumored to be coming when Transformers was under construction... Universal is looking to reboot the classic monsters movies and create a universe in which they reside, like how Marvel has done with The Avengers... If Universal can pull this off, and it is successful, how about a land dedicated to the Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy)... What's that? They have a Mummy ride? Yea, they do... one which will be obsolete in a few months once Gringotts opens andputs Mummy to shame... Also, Mummy is currently the Brendan Fraser movies... A new Mummy is in development...

joonyer
03-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Here's another suggestion or two:

1) Star-Trek (all generations) How cool would and attraction being on the Enterprise be?

or

2) Seinfeld; an attraction about nothing. :D

Middle of the Map
03-17-2014, 06:38 PM
I did select OTHER...

Universal is bringing back Kong, so why not, some how, bring back Jaws? They are going to be adding a water park soon... Maybe do a Amity themed area... Move the shark photo op from Universal to the water park... That would explain why it is safe to swim in the waters, Jaws has been captured and killed... Here, take your picture with the shark... Now go swim, it is safe...

I would love to see a Kong attraction, but Jaws not so much. Unless an actual tourist gets a chance to be "eaten" by the shark - what a photo op that would be.

DizneyFreak2002
03-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Here's another suggestion or two:

1) Star-Trek (all generations) How cool would and attraction being on the Enterprise be?

Star Trek has been desired by several fans online... And it is a huge IP... Can compete with Star Wars with the space scifi... Good choice!