PDA

View Full Version : New Disney Vera Bradley prints coming

buzznwoodysmom
03-17-2014, 09:09 AM
I saw a photo of one of the new Vera Disney prints that is rumored to be coming. I wish I knew how to post pics!

From what I saw, and read, it looks like there will be 3 new prints coming. Each is a "hybrid" of an existing Vera Bradley print. The print that I actually saw a picture of is a Disney version of the new spring Flower Shower print. The other two prints are said to be versions of Clemintine and Midnight Blues.

Can't wait to see what they all look like!

kakn7294
03-17-2014, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't mind this being true as I already love Clementine and Midnight Blues! I've been impatiently waiting for new designs since my daughter stole my Midnight with Mickey hipster... I googled the rumored Flower Power design and it is just a rumor but it's kinda cute.

The new non-Disney Vera designs come out this Thursday, March 20 so maybe some new Disney designs aren't far behind. We can always hope!

Melanie
03-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Denise, if you send me the link and we can post them, I'll get them up in your initial post. I'd love to see! One day I'm thinking one of the Vera Bradley prints might win me over, but it hasn't happened yet. ;)

buzznwoodysmom
03-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Denise, if you send me the link and we can post them, I'll get them up in your initial post. I'd love to see! One day I'm thinking one of the Vera Bradley prints might win me over, but it hasn't happened yet. ;)

I'll try to send you the link Mel.

Also Mel, if you haven't liked any of the other prints I don't think you'll like these. Maybe if they put out a purple print.....lol

I love Vera, but only a handful of prints. For the most part they are too busy for me. When I do find one I like, I usually love it. Lol.

So far I have only liked the blue "wheres mickey" print. I don't like the first two Disney prints at all. Also I don't like the original Clemintine or Midnight Blues Vera prints, so I doubt I will like the Disney versions either. However, I do love all the colors in the Disney Flower Shower print I saw. I don't typically like prints like this one, but I would probably buy a mini hipster in that print for a nice spring colored park purse.

Melanie
03-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Yes! Purple. :D

buzznwoodysmom
03-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Melanie,
Sent you a PM.

buzznwoodysmom
03-17-2014, 12:00 PM
So Mel, do you like?

Melanie
03-17-2014, 12:13 PM
So Mel, do you like?

Hehe. Not really. :D

buzznwoodysmom
03-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Hehe. Not really. :D

Hahaha, didn't think you would.

It's pretty much too "busy" a print for me, but I do love the colors.

VB had these straw-like beach bag totes last summer. I loved them because the bag was a solid colored material. Each bag had a silhouette of something (turtle, crab, anchor) in a coordinating print. I loved that you got some of the print but not a huge bag covered in the print. Would love to see Disney do something similar with one of these Vera Bradley disney prints. I would love a solid colored bag or tote with Mickey's silhouette in this colorful print.

kakn7294
03-19-2014, 11:05 PM
So it's a go for this one. However, unless you're wealthy and / or lucky, most of us won't get one. It's only going to be for sale at a $125 ticketed buffet event at Epcot on Sunday, May 4. It will not be available for sale on the website. If there is stock left over, it will be for sale at Cherry Tree Lane at the Marketplace Co-op when it opens but it sounds like it will not be replaced when it sells out. It really has me angry that they are pricing out the general public on these.

Melanie
03-20-2014, 07:50 AM
Yes, I agree it's unfortunate that this feels like the start of a trend with these merchandising events. :(

Full article from Disney Parks Blog:

Perfect Petals Brunch featuring the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley Coming to Epcot on May 4, 2014

Last year around this time, I shared a first look at the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley . Since then, these colorful handbags and accessories, developed especially for Disney Parks, have been a hit with guests who want a splash of color in their everyday lives. As spring arrives, I’m delighted to announce a new event titled, “A Perfect Petals Brunch featuring the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley,” is coming to World ShowPlace at Epcot on Sunday, May 4. This ticketed event will be held from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and will feature the release of a brand new color called “Mickey’s Perfect Petals.” I recently spoke with Cathy Dawson, merchandiser for accessories at Disney Theme Park Merchandise, to learn more.

“‘Mickey’s Perfect Petals’ is a perfect color for spring,” exclaimed Cathy. “Disney Design Group partnered with the Vera Bradley team to develop the color. I love the subtle nods to Mickey Mouse as they remind me of hidden Mickeys found at Disney Parks. We will offer the color on some of the most popular forms, and we will have a few new options like the campus backpack and tablet hipster.”

“In addition to a scrumptious brunch and a special gift, event guests will have the first opportunity to purchase seven new items. The event store will also carry some previously released colors from 2013, including “Midnight with Mickey” and “Where’s Mickey.”

The best part of this brunch, however, will be a special appearance by Barbara Bradley Baekgaard, co-founder of Vera Bradley. Barbara has wonderful stories to share, especially about her mother who played an important role in her life and in the founding of Vera Bradley (it’s fitting that this event will take place the weekend before Mother’s Day!).

If any quantities are remaining following this event, the new “Mickey’s Perfect Petals” items will be released when Cherry Tree Lane opens in the Marketplace Co-Op at Downtown Disney Marketplace (stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for that opening date). There are no immediate plans to carry this color at Disneyland Resort or on our Disney Parks online store.

Tickets for this event are $125. Admission to Epcot is also required to attend.

To register, please visit DisneyParksMerchandise.com beginning at 1:00 p.m. EDT on March 20, 2014.

If you are active on social networks, I invite you to join the conversation by using the hashtag – #DisneyVera.

cer
03-20-2014, 10:48 AM
So it's a go for this one. However, unless you're wealthy and / or lucky, most of us won't get one. It's only going to be for sale at a $125 ticketed buffet event at Epcot on Sunday, May 4. It will not be available for sale on the website. If there is stock left over, it will be for sale at Cherry Tree Lane at the Marketplace Co-op when it opens but it sounds like it will not be replaced when it sells out. It really has me angry that they are pricing out the general public on these.

So lame, Disney.

buzznwoodysmom
03-20-2014, 12:02 PM
So lame, Disney.

I agree.

While I love Disney products, I am not at all a fan of their limited inventory it seems they have on their most popular items. It almost becomes a game of who can get it before it's gone. Or better yet, who can get as many as they can then sell the items for obnoxious prices on ebay.

Any word on if Disney plans to restock "Where's Mickey"? This is the one Vera print I really like, but on our trip last November there wasn't much available, and of course the styles I wanted were all sold out.

Daisy'sMom
03-20-2014, 04:40 PM
So disappointed in Disney and Vera Bradley! They just don't have class anymore.

buzznwoodysmom
03-20-2014, 05:07 PM
So disappointed in Disney and Vera Bradley! They just don't have class anymore.

I agree, but this isn't the first time Disney and another big name brand has done this. Add this to the Dooney and Bourke purses that are only available for runDisney events. And the New Balance shoes that are also only available at the runDisney events. At least with those events you sort of earn the opportunity to purchase these products by running the race. It's just frustrating that if you won't be in WDW during these events your out of luck to get these items.

And honestly, $125 for a ticket to a Vera Bradley event is just mind boggling to me. LOL. I can't imagine myself ever wanting to do that.....on top of park admission mind you! For that price I'd expect one bag of my choice to be included. Hehehe

I'm kinda glad that now that I see the print on a bigger scale I don't like it. Love the colors, but the print is just to "busy" for me once I see it in purse/bag form. Hoping I can somehow get the Where's Mickey print one day.

Melanie
03-21-2014, 08:25 AM
I agree, but this isn't the first time Disney and another big name brand has done this. Add this to the Dooney and Bourke purses that are only available for runDisney events. And the New Balance shoes that are also only available at the runDisney events. At least with those events you sort of earn the opportunity to purchase these products by running the race.

Ah, but there is a difference there. You DON'T have to run to get these products. It is open to anyone as long as you are there. I agree that this $125 event is taking it to a whole other level, one that I don't like at all.

buzznwoodysmom
03-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Ah, but there is a difference there. You DON'T have to run to get these products. It is open to anyone as long as you are there. I agree that this $125 event is taking it to a whole other level, one that I don't like at all.

Mel, I didn't realize you didn't have to run the race to be able to purchase those products. That's good to know. But I guess you still need to be in Disney or the area at the time of the event.

Melanie
03-21-2014, 09:42 AM
But I guess you still need to be in Disney or the area at the time of the event.

Exactly. That you do. But it doesn't cost you just to have the privilege to buy.

ETA: Although, it does kind of bother me that some proof of involvement isn't required though, only because I see the hounds of obvious eBayers there and that bugs me so much. But, Disney should not be fooled that there won't be the same thing happening at this Vera event. $125 is nothing compared to what they'll demand for resell. It's kind of sickening.

buzznwoodysmom
03-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Exactly. That you do. But it doesn't cost you just to have the privilege to buy.

ETA: Although, it does kind of bother me that some proof of involvement isn't required though, only because I see the hounds of obvious eBayers there and that bugs me so much. But, Disney should not be fooled that there won't be the same thing happening at this Vera event. $125 is nothing compared to what they'll demand for resell. It's kind of sickening.

Oh boy! Don't get me started on eBay! I agree that it's sickening what these items are going for on eBay. I wanted the tote in Wheres Mickey. Couldn't find it anywhere in Disney in November. It was sold out everywhere. Disney apparently has no immediately plans to restock Vera online so unless you happen to be in Disney when they get a new shipment, you can expect to pay $200-300 for this tote on eBay. It retails for just $99 in WDW. Maddening!