PDA

View Full Version : Victoria and Alberts chef table?

Winniehoney
03-16-2014, 09:48 PM
:mickey:Has anyone done the chefs table at Victoria and Alberts? Was it worth it? How long did it last? Any info would be appreciated. My husband and I like watching all the foodie shows and trying different things. Thanks!

Bruegge
03-16-2014, 10:43 PM
:mickey:Has anyone done the chefs table at Victoria and Alberts? Was it worth it? How long did it last? Any info would be appreciated. My husband and I like watching all the foodie shows and trying different things. Thanks!

From what I've read... plan on 3-4 hours

Haven't got to go yet but booked Queen Victoria's Room (4 tables only with items "finished at tableside") In June...it's our 25th Anniversary :party:

QVR has roughly the same menu as the Chef table but Chef table (from previos posts) is more Fun and Entertaining while QVR is more quiet and romantic.

QVR and Chef table have roughly the same menu ~10 courses all preset unless you ask for a change.

The regular dining room (as if anything at V&A is regular?) has roughly 7 courses.. but you can pick from 2 or 3 choices in each course (some are with an additional cost)

Wine parings at the Chef table and QVR are more expensive than the regular dining room... 1) because there are more courses and
2) They have more "select vintage" wines (quote from CM at booking)

If going with family and friends... go chef table.. I bet it's a blast. If doing a quiet romantic dinner... go Queen Victoria's Room or main dining room IMHO..

Basket Mommy
03-17-2014, 08:55 AM
My husband and I did the chef's table for our 16th wedding anniversary 2 years ago. It was amazing! We were seated a 5pm and weren't done until around 9/930. If you book it, take your camera. The food is exquisite both in how it tastes and how it looks. They even provide you a stool for your camera so it doesn't have to sit on the table. They told me that the chefs are flattered that you want to photograph the food, so it's not a big deal at all. As for the value of it, YES. It is worth it. We had the best meal of our lives - 10 courses - and we want to do it again one day when our children are all old enough to join us (kids have to be 10, and our youngest is 9.) I want them to experience it.

Disoriented
03-23-2014, 08:02 PM
We will be returning to the chef’s table for the eighth time in just a few weeks.

This is your night and they want to make it as special for you, just as much as you want it to be special.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions, offer feedback or make requests, though keep in mind some request may cost you more money.

The first six times we were there we were served several incredible and sometimes exotic tastings. The last time, I’m guessing do to some customer feedback we were offered a menu at the beginning of the evening which we politely declined. Chef Scott and his crew are some of the best in their field and in no way did we want to stifle their creativity and culinary knowledge with our biases. We wanted to give them free range to create what ever masterpiece they were conceiving and as always it worked out beautifully.

Another trend we have noticed lately is that the service has become much faster so we asked them to slow down which they graciously did.

You are spending a lot of money for this dinner so savor the moment and enjoy it. You may never get back again.