PDA

View Full Version : Disney 'March Magic Challenge' Lets You Vote for Favorite Attraction

Melanie
03-16-2014, 09:41 PM
From the Disney Parks Blog:

Vote For The Best Disney Attraction During Our
‘March Magic Challenge’

Are you a die-hard Pirates of the Caribbean fan? Do you live to ride Twilight Zone Tower of Terror during each and every Disney vacation? If so, you may be just the social media fan we’ve been looking for in our first ever March Magic Tournament.

32 teams based on your favorite Disney attractions will be competing in the next few weeks, and it’s up to you to decide who makes it to the next round! Here’s a look at this year’s roster:

Disneyland Resort March Magic Teams Walt Disney World Resort March Magic Teams

Starting Tuesday, we’re asking you to vote for the ultimate Disney attraction at either Disneyland Resort in California or Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Daily attraction match-ups will be posted on our official Disneyland Resort (https://www.facebook.com/Disneyland) and Walt Disney World (https://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyWorld) Facebook pages.

Simply vote for the attraction you prefer in the “Comments” section on the Facebook post and be sure to check back daily throughout the month as the competition gets tougher and tougher! A final competition will be held on April 7 between Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World to determine our ultimate fan-favorite Disney attraction.

Want to play along at home? Download the printable bracket here (http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/bracket2.jpg) and try to predict the winner. Let’s get ready to play!

Be sure to check out the terms of use about using the sheet before you download it.

AndrewJackson
03-17-2014, 06:42 AM
I love it!

joonyer
03-17-2014, 11:54 AM
I don't do facebook. So that means I can't play?

Melanie
03-17-2014, 11:59 AM
I don't do facebook. So that means I can't play?

It does appear to be a Facebook only promotion.

PopPhan
03-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Had to download all the pics - Main title, Brackets - combined and individual, and all the 'posters' of the 'teams'.

This is actually kind of neat!

Glad, for once, that you do not have to be on Twitter to participate, as I do not tweet....I leave that to the birds! (No offense, Mel, or anyone else who is a big TWIT!! LOL)

Ian
03-26-2014, 11:42 AM
It's a cute idea, but the administration is ridiculous. You vote by commenting on a post on their FB page?

Heck even Me-TV managed to develop a bracket-like web page for their version. Kinda lame ....

PirateLover
03-26-2014, 12:49 PM
It's a cute idea, but the administration is ridiculous. You vote by commenting on a post on their FB page?

Heck even Me-TV managed to develop a bracket-like web page for their version. Kinda lame ....

Lame is definitely the right word! I love the idea and the artwork, but the execution is lacking.

Lacy
03-29-2014, 09:56 PM
I have been having so much fun with thus promotion. Appreciate that it is Facebook and not twitter and that it is so easy to participate - I like that all I have to do to vote is comment! Send I like the posters they created. Have been enjoying both the Disneyland and WDW match ups.

Gator
04-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Go Star Tours Troopers!

This has been a lot of fun. It takes this Disney blogging thing to a whole new level.

And it helps that my Gators have been great in the real thing, too!!!

Melanie
04-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Final matchup -

The Caribbean Pirates (at Disneyland Resort) v. the Gracey Manor Hitchhikers (at Walt Disney World Resort).

My vote - definitely Caribbean Pirates. I love Haunted Mansion at WDW, but gotta go with the Pirates.

Ian
04-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Same here, Mel, but man was it a tough match up!

Haunted Mansion is far and away my favorite WDW attraction and if it had been WDW HM vs WDW PoTC would have been an easy choice for me to go with HM.

But since it was DL's Pirates I had to go Pirates. I think that might be the single greatest attraction ever created for a Disney theme park. :D

BrerGnat
04-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Pirates for sure!

Gator
04-08-2014, 12:17 PM
I'll be rooting for Pirates. Especially since the Hitchhikers beat my team! Troopers for Life!

Melanie
04-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Disneyland Pirates WINS!

It really is an incredible attraction. :pirate:

PirateLover
04-08-2014, 02:07 PM
I agree, it was a tough final match up! I do feel DL Pirates is the best Disney attraction, though, and participated in the voting. DH and I were amazed. We expected to enjoy it, but it wowed us. I have to be honest riding at WDW after experiencing the DL counterpart is a bit of a let down now.

Melanie
04-08-2014, 09:31 PM
We expected to enjoy it, but it wowed us. I have to be honest riding at WDW after experiencing the DL counterpart is a bit of a let down now.

It is definitely a let down. About 1/3 of the ride.

Lacy
04-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Way to go Pirates! And Disneyland!

Definitely a deserving winner and one of the best disney attractions EVER! The WDW version is still good but not as great.