PDA

View Full Version : Advice on noise protection ear muffs for small child

BrownEyedGrrl
03-16-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm looking into noise protection ear muffs for my three-year old (and possibly my four-year old). She's becoming very sensitive to loud sounds, especially anything that sounds like it's a booming voice through a microphone. My oldest son had similar issues with loud noise at her age, and had his first meltdown about it, in the Tiki Room, but I never got him muffs because he'd outgrown the sensitivity by the time we went back to WDW.

Can anyone who has used them for their children, advise me if these $10 pairs would be sufficient? Thanks!

[web address removed per terms of service]

faline
03-16-2014, 04:16 PM
These prior discussions might help:

headphones 1 (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=200108&highlight=headphones)

headphones 2 (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=201722&highlight=headphones)

BrerGnat
03-16-2014, 04:25 PM
My son loves his Peltor (by 3M) headphones. We got them from Amazon. They were around $15. I would skip the "kids" ones and just get the adult sized ones. They are rather snug and the kids size is really more for infants up to age 2...they are TINY! My son has the bright yellow ones and he is excited to try some new rides this time around now that he has his headphones to wear during the loud parts.

BrownEyedGrrl
03-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Thanks!

ETA: the brand that you mentioned in the first thread you listed- Peltor- was just recommended to me via text by a friend. Thank you!

BrownEyedGrrl
03-16-2014, 04:49 PM
My son loves his Peltor (by 3M) headphones. We got them from Amazon. They were around $15. I would skip the "kids" ones and just get the adult sized ones. They are rather snug and the kids size is really more for infants up to age 2...they are TINY! My son has the bright yellow ones and he is excited to try some new rides this time around now that he has his headphones to wear during the loud parts.

Thanks! A friend just texted me that she has the Peltor pair for her son, so that's what I'll be going with. :)

lawgirl
03-21-2014, 05:00 PM
I have the Peltor youth size for my 3 YO. I always pack them in the bakpack, just in case. Its great especially for the fireworks. We've used them for a few years now. I highly recommend them!