PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

andmomlau
03-14-2014, 10:26 PM
While on vacation in December, we finally purchased! Our home resort is GF and we have a short trip planned in early December. We are thinking of a short trip in August for our anniversary but so far, I can't find 4 nights at BW or BC or WL. I wasn't thrilled when we visited SSR but I can only find availability there or OKW. I heard that OKW is under renovation and much of the resort was closed? Thoughts???? (Or should I wait list the 4 nights at BW?)

seanyred
03-14-2014, 10:37 PM
While on vacation in December, we finally purchased! Our home resort is GF and we have a short trip planned in early December. We are thinking of a short trip in August for our anniversary but so far, I can't find 4 nights at BW or BC or WL. I wasn't thrilled when we visited SSR but I can only find availability there or OKW. I heard that OKW is under renovation and much of the resort was closed? Thoughts???? (Or should I wait list the 4 nights at BW?)

Book OKW and wait list the resort you want. I thought most of the renovations were done. Not interested in AKL?

DonLefNY
03-15-2014, 01:41 PM
Book OKW. I was just there and the only thing under renovation was the Gurgling Suitcase bar. Pool and Goods to Go counter service were all done. Old Key West is number one! :number1:

Pooh Fan
03-20-2014, 01:15 PM
Although my home resort is SSR and I have never stayed there I would still recommend OKW. I really love this place. Especially if you will have a car you can't beat it. Being able to park that close to your door. No 10 or 15 min walks through the resort and out to the parking lot makes a huge difference. It's beautiful, it's peaceful and just a relaxing place to be.

DisneyGiant
03-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Although my home resort is SSR and I have never stayed there I would still recommend OKW. I really love this place. Especially if you will have a car you can't beat it. Being able to park that close to your door. No 10 or 15 min walks through the resort and out to the parking lot makes a huge difference. It's beautiful, it's peaceful and just a relaxing place to be.

My home resort is SSR - and I've never stayed there either! :secret:

We have fallen in love with the Boardwalk Villas! I was thinking of trying the Grand Flo Villas this year - but it would have been over 100 more points to stay for the week. Stuck with our tried & true Boardwalk :mickey:

Disney4us2
03-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Book OKW and wait list the resort you want. I thought most of the renovations were done. Not interested in AKL?

I agree. Book at OKW and wait list. I just did that for June. I wanted the Boardwalk and it was all booked. I waitlisted on two villa types. A garden/pool view studio and a boardwalk view studio. I added the boardwalk view (same point amount) after talking with member services. There are more rooms with the boardwalk view. My wait list came through about 3+ weeks later... with a boardwalk view.

DCDisney
04-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Although I'm a fairly new owner at SSR, have stayed at Kidani, BVC, and VGC.
Wonder if SSR is empty ! lol