PDA

View Full Version : Hogwarts Express Details

DizneyFreak2002
03-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Here are some details regarding Hogwarts Express coming to Diagon Alley in Unversal Orlando...

Anyone who travels from London will enter into Kings Cross Station... Through optical illusions and special effects, guests will be passing through the wall, as the characters do in the books/movies...

There will be no height requirement to ride Hogwarts Express... However, in order to ride, guests must have a 2 park ticket... A 1 park ticket will not suffice... There will be a way to upgrade from a 1 park to 2 park ticket on the day of your visit...

You'll pass through the wall and onto Platform 9 3/4 where you will be greeted by the Hogwarts Express as it releases steam from its engine... Guests will also encounter luggage carts and other magical items...

If you are traveling from Universal to IOA, you will encounter Dementors on your trip... you'll also encounter Hagrid... If you are traveling from IOA to Universal, you will encounter the Weasley twins, Fred and George on broomsticks, Hagrid again, Buckbeak, and possibily the Knight Bus... Fred and George will create a fireworks display for the guests... Each scene will be viewed out of the "windows" of each car... The windows are in fact screens...

8 people per cabin... Cabins are separate from each other...

When you take the train from IOA to Universal and disembark, you'll exit into London, not Diagon Alley... If you wish to enter Diagon Alley, you must enter through the brick "magical" entrance...

buzznwoodysmom
03-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Can't wait!!!!

We just got next year's school calendar and are hoping to be able to plan a visit during their fall break!!! Hopefully the crowds won't be too bad at that time.

MNNHFLTX
03-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Very excited about this, and keeping my fingers crossed (but not holding my breath) that they might start soft openings while I am there in May. :fingers:

Christine
03-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Sounds like perfection !!

BrerGnat
03-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Sounds very cool!

Melanie
03-15-2014, 02:44 PM
I'm planning on taking my boys down this summer. Can't wait!

DizneyFreak2002
03-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Some more concept art was released yesterday... And the interactive website was updated...

Dream'nDisney
03-23-2014, 10:06 AM
We will be there the beginning of June. If it is open, will we be able to at least see the train and some of the effects without actually getting on the train? I know we won't be able to ride the train because we aren't getting the 2-park hopper, but would love to check out some of the features.