PDA

View Full Version : Best Route from POR to OKW

Mitzie
03-13-2014, 02:51 PM
We have a breakfast reservation at OKW while we are staying at POR the morning we are going into Typhoon Lagoon. What is our best bet to get there? We do not have our own car and we don't mind using Disney trans. IE: We don't want to pay for a cab.

sassafras
03-13-2014, 03:17 PM
This doesn't make a lot of sense, but here goes. We stayed at Old Key West a couple of years ago and had reservations at Boatwrights. We asked about the quickest way to get to POR. We were told to go to either a park or Downtown Disney and catch a bus back from there or a boat from DD. We asked about a walkway since they're fairly close and were told one doesn't exist and they don't want guests walking in the grass alongside the road. SO you have a fairly long trip to travel to someplace so close.

faline
03-13-2014, 06:04 PM
They are very close. I'd suggest taking a cab. They are readily available at all resorts and can be summoned by someone in bell services.

Scar
03-13-2014, 06:28 PM
I would walk. It's about 1 - 1.5 miles depending on where your room is. Boat service is not available that early so if you don't want to walk, I think the closest would be bus to Epcot and then bus to OKW.

kakn7294
03-13-2014, 07:21 PM
If you don't want to take a cab (I'm guessing would cost about $10 - we spent $20 on a cab from POR to WL, including tip), you're best bet would probably be to take a bus to Epcot or DHS and then another bus to OKW. Plan on that taking 45 min to 1 hr.

natedog24
03-14-2014, 12:47 AM
3 minute, $10 cab ride or an hour on the bus... I would actually guess it's less than $10. You're already spending so much on your trip. I'd say splurge and get the cab.
If you really don't want to cab it, and don't want to walk it, a bus to and from EPCOT and back would be your best Plan C, IMO

DizneyRox
03-14-2014, 07:46 AM
Your only real option is Taxi... While you can probably get a bus to a park, since the busses don't run round trips anymore, it will be very difficult to get a bus back to a resort. There won't be anyone heading back to a resort, so they won't dispatch a bus as easily as later in the day...

We did this once, I think we waited like an hour before we were able to catch a bus from AK back to AKL.

I think an hour would be extremely lucky quite frankly...

#1donaldfan
03-14-2014, 12:19 PM
I'd say cab. The bus trip to DtD or EC is sorta long, then to wait for a bus to the resort for breakfast.....like said, it's probably a good hour trip. :cool:

Mitzie
03-14-2014, 12:42 PM
You guys are the best! DH and I didn't think a cab would be that inexpensive. There are 5 of us..2 adults 3 teens..one cab would work? Are they readily aval. outside POR main building or do we need to make a call? We were just going to take our swimsuits and stuff with us to breakfast and go to TL from OKW so we will use Disney transportation for that.

mook3y
03-14-2014, 01:32 PM
We recently took a cab from POR to okw the cab fare was right at $7 we gave $10 including tip. Just ask for a van. You might have to wait a few minutes. Call bell hop desk when u leave room requesting a van.

faline
03-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Just ask for a van. You might have to wait a few minutes. Call bell hop desk when u leave room requesting a van.

This is exactly how to do it. Vehicles are typically readily available at all resorts - you might not see them but the folks at Bell Services know where they are.

Scar
03-14-2014, 03:22 PM
... you might not see them but the folks at Bell Services know where they are.Thanks a lot Linda, I just wasted 20 minutes on Google Earth picking out all the yellow cars parked near the entrances. :shake:

faline
03-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Thanks a lot Linda, I just wasted 20 minutes on Google Earth picking out all the yellow cars parked near the entrances. :shake:

Thanks for my chuckle of the day!!

kakn7294
03-17-2014, 10:42 AM
Thanks a lot Linda, I just wasted 20 minutes on Google Earth picking out all the yellow cars parked near the entrances. :shake:

Geez Jeff, you're SLOW! I only spent 15 mins searching them out...