PDA

View Full Version : Changing ADRs on the Fly

MrPeetrie
03-13-2014, 01:37 PM
With the new Magic My Way app, are we able to adjust our ADRs on the fly.

If, for example, we have 12:45 ADR at Rainforest Cafe and we can tell we will be late, can we access the ADR via smartphone and "adjust" its time back (if time slot is available) without penalty?

PlutoPlanet
03-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Before MDE, we were never able to adjust an ADR.

KylesMom
03-21-2014, 10:43 AM
I do not believe you would be able to "adjust" an existing ADR on the fly, as you would need to cancel the existing reservation and make a new one. It would all depend on ADR slots which remain available.

You also need to take into consideration Disney's new fee for ADRs not cancelled the day prior to the reservation. The original discussion can be found here - but I see the O/P already posted in this thread:

ADR Cancellation Charges (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=201710&highlight=ADR+Cancellation+Charges)

Mickey'sGirl
03-21-2014, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't count on being able to do this. ADRs are hard to come by 6 months in advance, let alone an hour beforehand. Kylesmom has a good point about the cancellation policy too.

Bruegge
03-21-2014, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't count on being able to do this. ADRs are hard to come by 6 months in advance, let alone an hour beforehand. Kylesmom has a good point about the cancellation policy too.

Our June trip has no dinner adr's for 3 of our 8 days.

DW hated last trip due to 2 ADR's each day, She felt (justly so) that that was a bit much and interfered with time in the park and rest time.

Just for kicks (and because I'm obsessing) I check each morning for a dinner ADR for THAT DAY... and while the times are late or early.. I find lots of good choices.. including Sig restaurants.

We will probably just eat a counter place those evenings or do GF in room if we get too tired..

You won't get Ohana's, BOG, Cindy's castle or other Fav's .. but you will be able to eat ... Well...

I realize I'm looking at March rather than June but I think you can at least pick what park or area you might be at that morning... afternoon is a push..

Good luck... don't forget if you cancel the day of or do a no show it'll cost you $10 a person

Edit: at 1:00pm ..Now... ressie's available for tonite near 7:30pm : 50's Prime time, Artist point, Bier garden, Boatwright's, Boma, Cape may, Chef's de France, Citricos, Wolfgang puck grand, Grand Floridian café, Flying fish, Fultons, Brown derby, Hollywood and vine, and a lot more...