PDA

View Full Version : Anna and Elsa meeting in MK starting on Easter

rjmdds
03-12-2014, 07:02 PM
The official WDW website lists an Anna and Elsa meet at Princess Fairytale Hall starting Sunday April 20th. They are not listed as appearing at Epcot as of that date. So it looks like they are moving the madness to Princess Fairytale Hall. Norway should be at peace again.

Melanie
03-12-2014, 09:36 PM
I'm not seeing that they are meeting at Fairytale Hall. :confused: I see that their schedule is 'unavailable' from April 20th on, but so are a bunch of other ones. Where is the Fairytale Hall listing? You can link to the official site. :)

rjmdds
03-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Here's the official link under park hours for April 20th. Hope it works .

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/magic-kingdom/2014-04-20/#timeofday=allday

Melanie
03-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Ah. See, this is why the Disney World website drives me batty. :crazy:

Here's what I was looking at:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/#/character-experiences/

You'll have to put in the date after you go to that page.

SurferStitch
03-13-2014, 12:09 PM
We did FP+ for the Fairytale Princess Hall in December, so hopefully we can do that again for Anna and Elsa!! No 4+ hour lines!!

So glad we didn't waste all that time waiting for them in Norway. For once, my patience paid off!!

Melanie
03-14-2014, 10:17 AM
It's official! Good eye, rjmdds. :thumbsup:

From Disney Parks Blog:

Anna and Elsa from ‘Frozen’ Heading to Magic Kingdom Park

We’re excited to share that Anna and Elsa, from Disney’s Academy Award-winning film “Frozen,” will soon move from Epcot to Magic Kingdom Park. Starting April 20, they’ll join some of their fellow Disney Royals at Princess Fairytale Hall, where Disney FastPass+ service will be available for this character greeting experience.

Elsa and Anna will appear together each day until the early evening, after which other visiting Disney Princesses will be available to greet guests. Cinderella and Rapunzel will also continue making appearances at Princess Fairytale Hall, and of course, you can see all these favorite characters and more during daily performances of the new “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade!”

rjmdds
03-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Thanks! That's going to be one highly sought after FP+!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-14-2014, 11:41 AM
That makes more sense ... Norway was a mess with the crazy lines!

Melanie
03-14-2014, 01:17 PM
That makes more sense ... Norway was a mess with the crazy lines!

I'm not sure they imagined how popular they would be.

1DisneyNut
03-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Thank goodness...finally something that makes sense. Get it out of world showcase and into MK fantasyland where it belongs.

TracyL
03-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Disney had NO IDEA that movie was going to hit the way it did. Open stock Disney pins for Frozen were sold out before the movie even opened, and were nowhere to be found for close on three months.

I suspect that putting Anna and Elsa in Norway was a quick fix intended to get them set up SOMEWHERE as quickly as possible. Had they tossed together a quick-and-dirty set (like the area where Merida is now) at MK, they'd have quickly been buried under the lines. At least EPCOT is a big park -- if you have to run the line all the way around World Showcase Lagoon, you can! :silly:

Agree it's better to get them set up in a more permanent, more manageable space. And I'm waiting for the announcement that Maelstrom is going to become a Frozen ride. Mark me --it's only a matter of time.