PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Premieres New Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party

Bruegge
03-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Called got prices.... $50 Adult $30 kids 18% tip added on (I guess) Its Like Tomorrowland dessert thing but with sparkling wine... served between Canada and England at the world showplace .

Called twice... neither CM knew what I was talking about and basically read it to me... couldn't answer any question... I'm on hold with a supervisor while she calls epcot for more info...

EDIT: Supervisor said reservations will be delayed a day... Starts Thursday 3-13.
(read it from an email) She has no clue either

Text from article I found:

Starting today, Epcot is introducing a brand new dessert party offering called the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party.

Here, guests will be able to partake in a complete selection of desserts and sparkling wines, in addition to having a prime reserved location for viewing Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. The dessert party location is in the World ShowPlace section of the park, found between the Canada and United Kingdom Pavilions. (This dessert party is similar to the one that’s currently being held in the Magic Kingdom-the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Party).

Dessert options will include tiramisu from Italy, vanilla pot de crème from France, shortbread cookies from the United Kingdom, baklava from Morocco, sugar-dusted cronis with strawberry sauce from America and a selection of delicious ice-cream treats.

The parties will be available on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 7:45 p.m. until 9:20 p.m.

Advanced Dining Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance. Guests looking to make reservations may do so online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE. An event party ticket is required to attend. In addition, Epcot park admission is also require, however, park admission is not included in the price of the dessert party.

Scar
03-12-2014, 05:05 PM
This sounds like a good idea, but I'd hate to pay $50 and then have the wind blow smoke in my face.

Strmchsr
03-12-2014, 06:31 PM
This sounds like a good idea, but I'd hate to pay $50 and then have the wind blow smoke in my face.

The viewing location isn't between England and Canada. This sounds like every other fireworks event Epcot has had where you do the dessert, wine, whatever in that special pavilion between UK and Canada, they give you a wristband and you use that to get into the special viewing area which is between the two gift shops at the entrance to WS.

Bruegge
03-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Sry, it is uk and canada

Melanie
03-12-2014, 09:44 PM
The viewing location isn't between England and Canada. This sounds like every other fireworks event Epcot has had where you do the dessert, wine, whatever in that special pavilion between UK and Canada, they give you a wristband and you use that to get into the special viewing area which is between the two gift shops at the entrance to WS.

Sry, it is uk and canada

The Showcase Plaza, where this is being offered, is located at the entrance to World Showcase, between the two shops (Duffy shop, Disney Traders).

Here is the official word from the Disney Parks Blog:

Check out this genius idea – what if we took the best desserts and sparkling wines from all around World Showcase and gathered them in one area for an amazing – and delicious! – nighttime party? Well, it’s on, thanks to the new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party.

This new offering will take place at Epcot’s Showcase Plaza, a perfect place from which to view “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and will run from 7:45-9:20 p.m. The menu will include the best sweets from several international pavilions, including tiramisu and Prosecco from Italy; Vanilla Pot de Creme from France; baklava from Morocco and much more.

The IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party will cost $49 for adults and $29 for children. Parties begin March 15, and booking opens March 12. To book or learn more, visit Disneyworld.com/spring.

Pete Olsen
03-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Just booked for Wed, July 16.:mickey:

Katzateer
03-13-2014, 09:01 AM
Sounds great- booked it for my May trip!:thumbsup:

Bruegge
03-13-2014, 11:06 AM
The Showcase Plaza, where this is being offered, is located at the entrance to World Showcase, between the two shops (Duffy shop, Disney Traders).

.[/I][/B]

My Reservation show:

Epcot World ShowPlace

Date: Friday, June 20, 2014

$196 Pre-paid

When I went to the Disney World attractions map, zoomed into epcot and clicked on the world showplace pavilion between Canada and England (sry UK)
and click on the knife and fork icon it shows the Illumination Sparkling Dessert Party.

The first release I saw (original post) says the same.. But...ALL CM"S are reading the email they got yesterday about this being located at world showcase plaza.. Maybe that is the viewing area but it looks like the food and wine will be In the pavilion..

Spoke to a Supervisor about this an hour ago and he said he thinks it's going to be at the Pavillion not the Plaza .. he is checking on it ...

Either way one set of Info is wrong .. I'll update when the correct info is in both

Melanie
03-13-2014, 11:16 AM
When I went to the Disney World attractions map, zoomed into epcot and clicked on the world showplace pavilion between Canada and England (sry UK...DUH split hairs here)

and click on the knife and fork icon it shows the Illumination Sparkling Dessert Party.

The first release I saw (original post) says the same.. But...ALL CM"S are reading the email they got yesterday about this being located at world showcase plaza..

Spoke to a Supervisor about this an hour ago and he said he thinks it's going to be at the Pavillion not the Plaza .. he is checking on it ...

Either way one set of Info is wrong .. I'll update when the correct info is in both

I guess we will find out very soon, since the first party is in 2 days. :thumbsup:

I did peek back at the Disney Parks Blog story on this to see if there was any further information or clarification in the comments, but nothing was mentioned about location. Still says Showcase Plaza in the blog. I did see a few things in the comments of note though - cannot use Tables in Wonderland or in no way is this part of the Dining Plan. The service is buffet and is $49 for adults and $29 for children.

Melanie
03-13-2014, 11:26 AM
This is confusing. I just don't believe it's at the World ShowPlace. That is an indoor pavilion located between the UK and Canada, but back behind the pavilions, well away from the water. There would be no view.

I don't know the exact name of the area Chris referenced, but there are two viewing areas (one at UK and one at France) that are usually private viewing areas for Illuminations. We here at INTERCOT have rented those out twice in the past.

I'm pretty confident this party will take place where the Blog says it will - the Showcase Plaza.

AgentC
03-13-2014, 11:34 AM
When I did the 3D Dessert Party during Food and Wine, they had the food at the indoor pavilion between the UK and Canada that Melanie mentioned in her post then when it was time for Illuminations they moved us to the viewing area Chris mentioned between the two stores.

Maybe that's the confusion? Maybe they are running it like the 3D party? The price is comparable and I think the timing is too.

Bruegge
03-13-2014, 11:59 AM
When I did the 3D Dessert Party during Food and Wine, they had the food at the indoor pavilion between the UK and Canada that Melanie mentioned in her post then when it was time for Illuminations they moved us to the viewing area Chris mentioned between the two stores.

Maybe that's the confusion? Maybe they are running it like the 3D party? The price is comparable and I think the timing is too.

It did seem a little pricy for just the plaza... I mean why have different seating times?? I guess we'll wait and see.

Melanie
03-13-2014, 12:00 PM

Oh my! LOL Well, I guess now we'll truly have to wait and see.

Katzateer
03-14-2014, 07:59 AM
I thought the CM said it was between Mexico and Norway.:confused: Was not sure where that would be.......hope it ends up being worth the $$$$. I thought maybe there was a new area since the new Mexican dining area had opened and we have never dined in the area since the remodeling.

Melanie
03-14-2014, 08:16 AM
I thought the CM said it was between Mexico and Norway.:confused: Was not sure where that would be.......hope it ends up being worth the $$$$. I thought maybe there was a new area since the new Mexican dining area had opened and we have never dined in the area since the remodeling.

LOL! Seems no one knows.

MIKESMOM
03-15-2014, 06:11 AM
My family and I will be experiencing this on March 19th. I will let you all know how it goes.:mickey:

Bruegge
03-15-2014, 08:20 AM
My family and I will be experiencing this on March 19th. I will let you all know how it goes.:mickey:

That would be great!!

A CM Supervisor actually called me back to tell me the event WILL be held at the Showcase plaza... no seats just pub tables..

He said the website showing (along with my reservation) World Showplace will be corrected... Not sure if it's fixed yet...It's 6:00AM

I'm not sure it I want to stand and eat and drink for an hour before fireworks .... for $200.00. I was hoping for something a little more ... well ... elegant.. It would be nice to have a private spot to watch them though...Look at me as I wrestle with my decision ....

Please do send your thoughts on the event... It'll help me decide If I want to cancel or not.

Thanks again

Melanie
03-15-2014, 08:27 AM
A CM Supervisor actually called me back to tell me the event WILL be held at the Showcase plaza...

Okay, so, Showcase Plaza (at entrance to World Showcase between the Disney Traders shops) it apparently is. I've never watched Illuminations from there, so hopefully that is a great view and there are some darn good desserts for $49.

Can't wait to hear some reviews! :fworks:

Strmchsr
03-15-2014, 05:28 PM
The view is good from there. Not great as some things can obstruct your view, but better than most locations around the lagoon. Not sure it's worth the money to stand and drink wine, though. With the 3D Dessert party we had an awesome time, but this doesn't sound too appealing to me.

Hammer
03-15-2014, 10:56 PM
The view is good from there. Not great as some things can obstruct your view, but better than most locations around the lagoon. Not sure it's worth the money to stand and drink wine, though. With the 3D Dessert party we had an awesome time, but this doesn't sound too appealing to me.
I like the drinking wine part :) ; but I am not a fan of the standing with only pub tables available. Pub tables won't work when one of the members of your party is in a wheelchair. I wonder if they will have a couple of lower tables to accommodate wheelchairs? There are a few low tables placed around World Showcase during Food and Wine.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-18-2014, 09:18 AM
We've watched from there a couple of times, and it is a decent place to see from.

However, this is crazy expensive to stand around and drink some wine and have a few desserts. If I'm going to stand anyways, I can buy my favourite drink and snack and grab a good spot an hour before.

MIKESMOM
03-28-2014, 06:00 AM
Sorry about the delay in posting, we had a crazy trip and I didn't have time to post.
The venue is Showplace Plaza, at the entrance to World Showcase. We were lucky enough to get an unobstructed view. The desserts were plentiful and very yummy! I don't drink wine so I didn't try it.
All in all I thought the price was high for what you got. I think it should be more in the price range of the dessert party in MK.

Melanie
03-28-2014, 06:49 AM
Sorry about the delay in posting, we had a crazy trip and I didn't have time to post.
The venue is Showplace Plaza, at the entrance to World Showcase. We were lucky enough to get an unobstructed view. The desserts were plentiful and very yummy! I don't drink wine so I didn't try it.
All in all I thought the price was high for what you got. I think it should be more in the price range of the dessert party in MK.

I think the price IS high, and if you don't partake in the wine, that makes it even less of a deal. You say you got an unobstructed view? Are there views within the party area that aren't as good? Thanks for reporting back!

BrerGnat
03-28-2014, 07:32 AM
The price is not that high considering there is alcohol served. I recall paying around that much for Fantasmic balcony seating at Disneyland about 10 years ago. Sure, we got chairs, but a huge tree obstructed our view. There were desserts, but no alcohol. Overall, we didn't think it was worth it.

How much is the Wishes dessert party, for comparison?

It would be nice if they charged less for this event for "desserts only" and maybe allowed you to add on the wine for an additional fee. Issue a wristband or something so they know who can drink. This way families can do this even if there are kids or non drinkers in the group.

That area is okay to watch from but there are obstructions (trees).

Bruegge
03-28-2014, 07:48 AM

First of all thanks for posting. And I hope your trip was busy crazy not bad crazy

Second, It is correct that there are no seats just pub (high top) tables? Were there enough tables? were the patrons "happy, pleased, upset," etc with the whole setup?

Thanks again, since it's booked (and paid for) we will try it in June.

If you don't drink wine... I guess it would be very pricey.. basically a pre- paid fp with dessert. But, would you recommend it overall to someone who would like to have wine and dessert with a less "crowded" view of the show?

Thanks again,..(for being our Guinea Pig)

Scott

Bruegge
03-28-2014, 07:52 AM
This way families can do this even if there are kids or non drinkers in the group.
).

I wonder if they check ID's ..My 10yo DD can pass for 11 easy.
LOL

Scott

Melanie
03-28-2014, 07:56 AM
The price is not that high considering there is alcohol served. I recall paying around that much for Fantasmic balcony seating at Disneyland about 10 years ago. Sure, we got chairs, but a huge tree obstructed our view. There were desserts, but no alcohol. Overall, we didn't think it was worth it.

I personally wouldn't equate these two in any way. The Fantasmic! balcony experience was IMO special, unique and intimate, and this is well...Illuminations, standing against the same rail that everyone else stands against all the way around the World Showcase. It's no secret that I'm not an Illuminations fan, so no way would I pay more to do this, but was just curious for others out there who may be interested.

BrerGnat
03-28-2014, 07:57 AM
I personally wouldn't equate these two in any way. The Fantasmic! balcony experience was IMO special, unique and intimate, and this is well...Illuminations, standing against the same rail that everyone else stands against...

Fair point. :)

AgentC
03-28-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm curious if this will affect the 3D Dessert Party at Food & Wine. If I remember right we paid around $55 for standard seating. Reserved seating was an additional $35. You got dessert, wine and hard liquor in the indoor venue and it was sitdown. Then you walked to the same place the new party is being held to watch Illuminations. We really enjoyed it and planned to go this year too.

If people are willing to pay $50 for pub tables with dessert and wine, I could see them in increasing the price for 3D.

Bruegge
03-28-2014, 12:56 PM
You got dessert, wine and hard liquor in the indoor venue and it was sitdown. Then you walked to the same place the new party is being held to watch Illuminations. We really enjoyed it and planned to go this year too.

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT THIS WAS.... in fact my reservation still shows "World Showplace" the seated venue between Canada and UK.

Melanie
03-28-2014, 01:38 PM
THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT THIS WAS.... in fact my reservation still shows "World Showplace" the seated venue between Canada and UK.

You said earlier that you talked with a CM who told you it was at the Showcase Plaza.

If the names of the venues weren't so similar, it might not be so confusing. 😉

Bruegge
03-28-2014, 01:59 PM
You said earlier that you talked with a CM who told you it was at the Showcase Plaza.

If the names of the venues weren't so similar, it might not be so confusing. ��

Yea, I know where it is now... but it still shows on my MDE reservation and on the Map of Epcot (zoom into the showplace and click on the knife and fork) It still shows up there... NOW.. It say's showcase.... but it still shows up on the map as at the showplace.

I'm just surprised they have not fixed it yet.

MIKESMOM
03-29-2014, 08:05 AM
First of all thanks for posting. And I hope your trip was busy crazy not bad crazy

Second, It is correct that there are no seats just pub (high top) tables? Were there enough tables? were the patrons "happy, pleased, upset," etc with the whole setup?

Thank you for asking, our trip was crazy busy. :mickey:
The seating was just high top tables. There were not enough of them and some of the guests were quite upset. There were quite a few people sitting on the ground.

If you don't drink wine... I guess it would be very pricey.. basically a pre- paid fp with dessert. But, would you recommend it overall to someone who would like to have wine and dessert with a less "crowded" view of the show?

I would recommend it if you wanted a less crowded view of the show. It was nice not having guests try to push you out of the way so they can have a better view. My Dad is 83 and loves Illuminations, he had a fantastic view while enjoying some very tasty desserts. This made it worth the price for me.

How much is the Wishes dessert party, for comparison?

I think I paid about $39.

Melanie
03-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Yea, I know where it is now... but it still shows on my MDE reservation and on the Map of Epcot (zoom into the showplace and click on the knife and fork) It still shows up there... NOW.. It say's showcase.... but it still shows up on the map as at the showplace.

I'm just surprised they have not fixed it yet.

Sorry, hard to tell meaning sometimes via the written word.

Bruegge
03-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Sorry, hard to tell meaning sometimes via the written word.

It's all good... this reservation has been really trying. I want it to be nice for the DW and our 2 Daughters. (Our 25th anniversary is that week)

But if I keep he reservation and it turns out bad... sitting on the ground eating dessert for ~$200 I'm not going to feel very "Magical"

VWL Mom
03-29-2014, 07:59 PM
After some poking around I managed to find a youtube video from the first party. You can goggle Epcot Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at World Showcase Plaza and you should find it.

Sadly, I'm not overly impressed. For the price I think the selection is minimal at best especially for nondrinkers. If you watch the video keep in mind that there were only about 100 people present that night and according to the poster the capacity is 500 which seems over the top to me.

epceddie
03-29-2014, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I think my wife and I will pass on this and put the $100-plus dollars to better use. We're not big fans of Illuminations and the idea of fighting a crowd of people for drinks and desserts isn't very appealing.

Bruegge
03-31-2014, 07:43 PM
After some poking around I managed to find a youtube video from the first party. You can goggle Epcot Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at World Showcase Plaza and you should find it.

Sadly, I'm not overly impressed. For the price I think the selection is minimal at best especially for nondrinkers. If you watch the video keep in mind that there were only about 100 people present that night and according to the poster the capacity is 500 which seems over the top to me.

I found another video on youtube that shows them making flaming desserts (not in the original video I think you saw.. not Mouse steps.) it's dated 3-22 and has captions add not just the classical music.

Size scares me... looks like 50-100 people there and some were sitting on the ground.. what will happen with 500??

Katzateer
04-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Any updates on this? Anyone else gone?? Guess I will find out in 11 days. Glad I am trying this with just me going. Hope it ends up being a nice evening.

AgentC
04-26-2014, 07:58 AM
I think they are still trying to figure out how to do this. When I was at Epcot last weekend with Christine and Mel, it appeared that it had moved indoors for the dessert part. There were cast members in the area between Canada and the UK with menus which made it appear it was in the function building there.

The area in between the two gift shops was roped off with a sign for the party but there was no one in it. It was around 8:30 and I didn't see any food stations. There were cast members with lights and menus along the path between the two locations which made it appear that it started at one location and moved to the second for viewing but unfortunately I didn't think to ask.

Strmchsr
04-26-2014, 08:06 AM
That sounds exactly how the 3D dessert party worked during the F&WF so it would make sense that they would do that again.

Bruegge
04-26-2014, 10:06 AM
That sounds exactly how the 3D dessert party worked during the F&WF so it would make sense that they would do that again.

I hope so too... going in June...

The event is getting a LOT of bad press... The one video I saw showed people sitting/laying on the ground waiting for show to start. They bashed the quality of the Sparkling wine.. saying it's the cheapest three wines in the park.. I'm just thinking if they had seating prior that might make it feel a little nicer.

However, the $35 Epcot after hours event at the 3 restaurants has been getting great reviews...

That's my luck.. Give me a two horse race and I'll pick the loser...I always pick the wrong lane at the grocery store too.
LOL

Hammer
04-26-2014, 07:28 PM
I hope so too... going in June...

The event is getting a LOT of bad press... The one video I saw showed people sitting/laying on the ground waiting for show to start. They bashed the quality of the Sparkling wine.. saying it's the cheapest three wines in the park.. I'm just thinking if they had seating prior that might make it feel a little nicer.

However, the $35 Epcot after hours event at the 3 restaurants has been getting great reviews...

That's my luck.. Give me a two horse race and I'll pick the loser...I always pick the wrong lane at the grocery store too.
LOL

I've seen the same bad reviews of the Sparkling Dessert Party. As the quality of the wines matters to me, I think we will skip this in October and do the after hours event.

Bruegge
04-28-2014, 08:22 AM
I've seen the same bad reviews of the Sparkling Dessert Party. As the quality of the wines matters to me, I think we will skip this in October and do the after hours event.

Ditto on the wine quality...spent two years ~20 miles from Napa Ca. used to do wine runs with the neighbors while the kids were at school... Mumms, Domaine's chandon and Carneros... yum.

Had to drag me out of there ...kicking and screaming.

I'm still gonna try it in June... I'll post my review as soon as I get back...

LOL, I think you still will have availability if you decide to try it in October.

pixiesmimi
05-07-2014, 10:59 AM
This is the same area where we went to a special viewing during Christmas a year ago. (I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.) Anyway, I was very disappointed that there was no seating. We got there early to get a good viewing area for the children but had to sit on the ground and ended up going into one of the gift shops and buying two blankets for them to sit on. I had a bad leg and couldn't stand the whole time but when I sat down, I couldn't see well even though we were on the front. The CMs stood in front of you and got in the way. :confused: It was okay but I won't do it again unless they provide seating. Having to pay this much, they should at least provide seating especially if you are eating at one location and walking over to this one to view the show. I wouldn't waste this much money on it. I will save mine and use somewhere else.

Katzateer
05-09-2014, 02:57 PM
I enjoyed the party. Even though there were no seats it was nice to not be in a crowd to watch Illuminations. The desserts were ok. Churros were the best. Enjoyed the fresh fruit. It looked like a full crowd of at least 100+ people most of them had a table. Very nice evening. If they added a few more choices of desserts and had seats it would be a lot better.

It was located near the entrance to World Showcase and the tables were all set up with votives. Tables of the food and drinks were spread out in the center of the table area. So it was all outside and food and drinks were plentiful and refilled through the entire event.

Melanie
05-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Wonder what the logic is in not providing seating?