PDA

View Full Version : California Grill Lounge

Rich Mc
03-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Hi,
We are visiting late this May for a conference and plan one day and evening, Saturday, at WDW.
can't get resi for California Grill and was wondering about the Lounge.
What times does California Grill Lounge open and how difficult to get a seat at bar or Lounge table? I am guessing the CG open at 5:00 PM
Thanks,

faline
03-11-2014, 09:48 AM
They serve from 5-10 p.m. If the lounge has room available, they will allow you in; otherwise, your would need to wait until room opens up or go elsewhere.

Davy Crockett
03-12-2014, 03:56 PM
The DW and I on our last "kids night out" / Adult only dinner had reservations but when we got up there we were unable to get a table near the window and one of the CM waiters working the lounge area pulled us to the side and let us know that he would set us up a "table" right next to the window if we didn't mind sitting in the lounge area. I wasn't sure at first, but in hindsight it was the best decision we made. We had a curved love seat style sitting area with two tables next to the windows overlooking Magic Kingdom. He was not only the best waiter we've ever had (at any restaurant any where in the world) he had knowledge of wines and pairing with foods that rivaled the best Sommeliers at any 5 star as well. He let us know that we were his only customer for the rest of the evening and we could sit there until they closed if we wished. It was nice knowing that we had 3+ hours to enjoy ourselves with no children and no hurrying. We still have his card and will try to find him on our next visit.

So I would say definitely go even though you don't have reservations as you may luck out and have a truly wonderful experience.

Rich Mc
03-14-2014, 09:38 PM
Thank you for information, will use on this trip