PDA

View Full Version : Refillable mugs and non-consecutive stays

dani226
03-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Dining. We are going to be at Wilderness Lodge for 2 nights before and after a 4-day cruise. If we purchased the mugs during our first stay, can I use them when we return 4 days later?

brownie
03-10-2014, 12:32 PM
I would think not. I don't think the RFID on the mug will be enabled for the second stay.

dani226
03-10-2014, 12:37 PM
If not, it would not be worth it. Which stinks because I really like having the mugs:(

CanadianWDWFan
03-10-2014, 01:20 PM
The mugs are to be used for the length of the time per reservation. So to answer your question, no you won't be able to use it on a split stay. There are different prices for the mugs depending on the length of stay.

To add confusion to this topic, we checked in on December 17th and checked out on December 23rd and our mugs were good until January 2nd?!? When you fill the mugs the machine tells you how long your mug is good for. Don't know the reason why the extension but after talking to other folks, they too were also given extra days on their mugs, some for as long a two weeks beyond their stay. This was at POR and we were on the dining plan.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-10-2014, 01:23 PM
This can easily be done.

When you first buy your mug the cashier will ask you "how many days are staying" right before they activate the mug. Simply tell the cashier that you are staying 8 days and everything will work just fine. The rules do not prohibit using the same mug on split stays, and as long as it is not more that 14 days, you are committing no crime.

Don't explain the fine details to the cashier, just say "8 days".

Goofy4TheWorld
03-10-2014, 01:25 PM
The mugs are to be used for the length of the time per reservation. So to answer your question, no you won't be able to use it on a split stay. There are different prices for the mugs depending on the length of stay.

To add confusion to this topic, we checked in on December 17th and checked out on December 23rd and our mugs were good until January 2nd?!? When you fill the mugs the machine tells you how long your mug is good for. Don't know the reason why the extension but after talking to other folks, they too were also given extra days on their mugs, some for as long a two weeks beyond their stay. This was at POR and we were on the dining plan.

As stated in my previous post, the new rules now EXPLICITLY allow the use of mugs over split stays, no crime committed.

The reason you saw the extended date was probably because the cashiers have just started giving everyone 14 days no matter what.

dani226
03-10-2014, 01:28 PM
This can easily be done.

When you first buy your mug the cashier will ask you "how many days are staying" right before they activate the mug. Simply tell the cashier that you are staying 8 days and everything will work just fine. The rules do not prohibit using the same mug on split stays, and as long as it is not more that 14 days, you are committing no crime.

Don't explain the fine details to the cashier, just say "8 days".

Thank you! This makes sense based on the "length of stay" criteria. We were just there in May 2013 and I don't remember the mugs be specified to how long you were staying. Then again, I don't think they were the RFID mugs.

Does anyone know the pricing of the mugs based on length of stay?

DizneyRox
03-10-2014, 01:31 PM
There's a different charge per length of stay correct? I thought I saw somewhere, 1 day was one price, two days another, etc...

So with the cheapest option... If two different two day rentals are cheaper than 8 consecutive days pick two different. I think you'd get two mugs too!

I looked up the prices on another site: They list as:

$8.99 for one day
$11.99 for two days
$14.99 for three days, and
$17.99 for length of stay.

So, tell them 14 days if that's the limit...

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-10-2014, 01:33 PM
The prices are:

$8.99 for 1 Day
$11.99 for 2 Days
$14.99 for 3 Days
$17.99 for Length of Stay

etibbetts
03-10-2014, 03:51 PM
On my last visit we were there 15 days and they gave it to us for all 15 (it didn't cap out at 14 days).

I agree - just tell them 8 days.

texas211
03-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Just tell them you are staying longer..

When I bought my mug, I couldn't remember when I was checking out, and had an extra 4-5 days on there as the cashier wanted to make sure I didn't get short changed.