PDA

View Full Version : Changing Name in My Disney Experience

disneynarula
03-10-2014, 07:52 AM
I am trying to get all the information in My Disney Experience squared away before my dining deadline. There is some sort of bug in the system that won't let me change my name to my given name rather than the name I go by.

I gave my MJ agent my given name since that is the name that is on my passport, credit cards, etc. However... I never go by that name so when I signed up for my disney account a decade ago I used my nickname.

Now My Disney Experience won't recognize me as a member of our party!

Seriously?????:bang:

disneynarula
03-10-2014, 07:58 AM
This is the message I get...

"We were unable to save all changes.
We're sorry, a problem occurred when trying to save your name changes. Your character choice was saved successfully. Please try again later."

Later has come and gone and I still can't get it to work. I was able to change my character but not my name.

Is also says that two of my kids don't have tickets:confused:

ChipDale2708
03-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Have you called MDE tech support? I'm not sure there is a way to make the change yourself. When I set my account up last year, it listed my Mom as an infant :confused:. I had to call tech support because it wouldn't let me change her birth date. They had to create a new identification for her and link it to my account. It finally works, but the old id is still there so I have to be careful not to use it by accident. Someone may come along w/ more information, but that was my experience.

disneynarula
03-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Is there a 1-800 number that I can call from google or skype? We live overseas.

I think it may be fixed now. It said it couldn't change it but then it did anyway.

Does the system seem super buggy to anyone else?