PDA

View Full Version : The I’m-Sick-of-Snow Getaway! Pre-Trip Report

WDWFRK
03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Who: Me, hubby, mom, and dad
(DD has to sit this one out; is it bad that I’m not overly upset about that? Did I mention she’s a hormonal thirteen-year-old girl?)

When: March 11-13th
(far too short but better than nothing!)

Where: Beach Club Villa

I had initially decided not to go visit my parents over this year’s spring break, but my husband called me about a month ago and told me that he had found a decent airfare to Florida. I was having a really tough day at work, (okay a tough semester!) so what better way to drag yourself out of the doldrums than to plan a last-minute, unexpected trip to the warmth (hopefully!) of Florida and a couple of days at Disney World? Immediate lifting up of the spirits ensued! :cloud9:

I quickly called my mom to check dates and to see if she and my dad would be willing to spend a couple more days at Disney World. They’ve spent a lot of time there in the last year, and my mom even hinted that they were getting a bit bored with it (blasphemy—I know!). She hung up and immediately checked Vacation Club availability. Much to our delight and surprise, the Beach Club was open! I have stayed at the Yacht Club before and LOVED it, and I have always wanted to try the BC, so the stars were aligning nicely. Now if the weather will only cooperate—on my end and Florida’s. I applaud the Disney marketing department for getting Mother Nature on the payroll during the roll-out of “Frozen”; we’ve had more than enough snow this winter, thank you!

We will be flying out of Denver this Saturday into Tampa to spend a couple of days with my mom and dad at their condo in St. Pete, and then we will head to WDW for a couple of park days. My plan is to hit at least three parks each day to maximize our hoppers and limited time in the World. After much confusion, I was able to book some FP+ times; I am trying to remain open-minded, understanding of this 'test phase,' and cautiously optimistic that it will all work out. :mickey:

Here’s the plan:
Tuesday—We will be up early for the drive to Orlando, and I am hoping to make it to DHS for opening. Then it’s on to Epcot, and lastly MK since it is open until 1a.

Wednesday—Up REALLY early in order to make it to 7a opening at AK (which mom and dad will skip). We will meet them in EC for lunch at Le Cellier and then hopefully have enough energy to get back over to MK after Illuminations.

Thursday—We will get to sleep in a bit because with the two-hour time change AND springing forward, we should be sufficiently wiped out by now. Weather permitting, we are hoping to spend an hour or two at the pool until check-out and then head to DD for my first meal at Raglan Road and a little shopping.

Now, the only thing standing between me and my plans is the yahoo that scheduled a Friday afternoon meeting before spring break. See you on the other side for a full (but short) trip report. Thanks for reading! :thumbsup:

faline
03-06-2014, 05:55 PM
I can certainly understand the "sick of snow" part!!! :winter::freeze::freeze::snowball::snowball:

What a wonderful way to get a break from this weather!! Enjoy every minute!!

vicster
03-07-2014, 07:48 AM
So sick of snow - lucky you. If we didn't have my daughter's wedding in two weeks I'd be out of here. Have a great trip!

VWL Mom
03-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Count me in as done with snow, unfortunately I don't think it's done with us. Enjoy your trip!

mydisneygirls
03-07-2014, 09:08 AM
I can certainly understand the "sick of snow" part!!! :winter::freeze::freeze::snowball::snowball:

What a wonderful way to get a break from this weather!! Enjoy every minute!!

I couldn't agree more!!!! I can now understand why people (and birds) head south for the winter.

WDWFRK - Have fun on your trip - sounds great!

MariMouse
03-07-2014, 10:53 AM
We're looking forward to it, too! (And weather will be great!):mickey:

yjgirl32
03-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Hope you have a magical time. Thanks for sharing.

WDWFRK
03-07-2014, 01:36 PM
It is snowing again right now!! :ack: Must. Get. Away!!!!!!

KylesMom
03-14-2014, 04:13 PM
I hope you had a wonderful time - and that the snow is GONE for the season! :mickey:

emerzmom
03-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Hope you had a fun trip and share the details!
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Hope it was great

WDWFRK
03-31-2014, 10:10 AM
We had a fantastic time! I'm working on my trip report, and I hope to have it up sometime this week. :mickey:

faline
03-31-2014, 10:51 AM
Good to hear! Looking forward to reading all about it!!