PDA

View Full Version : Wine/champagne in room upon arrival

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-06-2014, 12:51 PM
We will be arriving on our anniversary, pretty late in the evening. I'd like to order a bottle of wine and have it waiting in our room when we check in. This seems simple enough to me, but so far it isn't . . . .

Checked out Disney Florist, and everything there is more extravagant than what I'm looking for.

I called the Disney Group Travel line where we booked (we are with a conference), and he was not very magical. He basically referred me back to the florist.

I called the Yacht Club front desk, and she thought that the gift shop people could help me, but they can't put it in my room. I'd have to wait for it to be delivered after we check in.

My fall-back plan is to just go to one of the bars at Yacht Club when we arrive and order it. But that just doesn't have the "Happy Anniversary Honey" feel to it that I had envisioned.

Any ideas or suggestions out there?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Even with the Disney Florist, I've never had luck getting anything in the room before I've checked in.

There are a couple of things we've done in the past.

1. have it waiting at the front desk, so when we check in the CM says "oh, there is a special package for you".

2. have them deliver it after we check-in. Usually, I'd take DD and DH out of the room, so it was waiting when we got back (i.e. after dinner).

3. (this was our favourite), arranged to have it delivered to a restaurant. They did this for DD one year, and it was totally magical ... they brought out her gift basket from the back and presented it to her at the table.

LittleRoosMommy
03-06-2014, 02:30 PM
I would suggest Disney Florist. While you may find things a little more extravagant on the website than what you're looking for, you may get a different answer if you call them. I have used Disney Florist many times for many different things and I've been able to pick and choose what I want. They aren't all prepackaged or prearranged. In fact, I did this as a surprise for my DH on our anniversary on year. I just called and told them what I wanted and they made it happen.

I would suggest calling and speaking to a Cast Member from there and tell them what you're looking for and hopefully they can work their magic! Hope you have a great trip! Happy Anniversary!!

BrerGnat
03-07-2014, 08:38 AM
The Yacht Club gift shop sells wine and champagne by the bottle. Maybe run down there while your wife is in the shower, or unpacking. Buy a bottle of bubbly and maybe some nice glasses and surprise her when you come back to the room.

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the ideas. Grabbing it from the gift shop ourselves is probably the most cost-efficient and time-efficient way to do it. We will likely be arriving after 10 pm, so I'll just cross my fingers and hope that it's still open.

BrerGnat
03-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the ideas. Grabbing it from the gift shop ourselves is probably the most cost-efficient and time-efficient way to do it. We will likely be arriving after 10 pm, so I'll just cross my fingers and hope that it's still open.

The gift shop is open until 11pm. Hope you make it! If they have it, I can highly recommend the Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee champagne. It's great! We had it at our wedding and we try to have it whenever we can on our anniversary as well.

Make sure you pack a wine opener, though! They sell some cute ones in the gift shop, for like $20. So, be prepared in case you want wine over champagne.

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Make sure you pack a wine opener, though! They sell some cute ones in the gift shop, for like $20. So, be prepared in case you want wine over champagne.

Good point! I wouldn't have thought of that!

Polynesian Dweller
03-07-2014, 02:32 PM
The only way it can be in your room at checkin is to stay in Club Level. They will do it there but not in regular rooms.