PDA

View Full Version : Just returned 2/25-3/4

Bay Lake
03-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Over all, had a great week, some crowds but if you plan it , very manageable. The last part of the week saw a lot of Cajuns arriving, purple and Saints gear all over.
1. Stayed at All star movies, requested the last Mighty ducks building. This works out great because its across the street from the music bus stop and food court.
2. Magic bands, not one issue, we made all our fast passes before we arrived, got in line touched Mickey heads and in the ride, 2-3 seconds at the most. One thing that WDW may need to have a sample FP+ reader at the hotel to let first timers know that the Mickey heads need to touch. saw a few lines back up a bit but nothing too bad.
3. Food was outstanding, I have seen some threads here about the quality of the food. Great meals, Kona, San Angle Inn, Coral Reef, Victoria and Alberts, Be our Guest, Brown Derby, Chefs De France and Grand Fla Cafe. As well and a number of quick service spot.
4. Cast Members, friendly and willing to help. Didn't see the frustrated CM when guests used FP+ wrong, they just helped them thru.
5. Transportation, we stayed at ASM so relied on buses most of the trip, good on times never really waited long, actually waited longer in line at MK Starbucks.
5. New Fantasyland, visually stunning, details are amazing. Mine Coaster, looks great, we were able to see some test runs and the crowd reaction to it were all positive.
6. DIveQuest, one of the best backstage tour, love it.
7. Scooters, Wow, there were a lot. One thing I would suggest and I know it would never happen is that the driver take some type of road coarse designed to reflect the changing curves and hills in the MK. For instance, we were in the cemetery at the HM and a convoy of scooters, family of 4 all driving scooters, is trying to navigate the turns and kept getting stuck. So you hear the beeping as they all have to back up and readjust. Then in the stretching room the one scooter crashed into other at the door going in and the door would not close, revealing the special effect of the room.
All in all it was a great trip for the 2 of us, now getting ready to head back with the kids in the summer.

minnie04
03-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Sounds like a great time!!! glad to hear you didn't have any major problems with the bands. :mickey:

yjgirl32
03-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Glad to hear things went well!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-05-2014, 11:30 AM
sounds great, would love to hear some food reviews. Thanks for the report:mickey:

VWL Mom
03-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing :mickey:

KylesMom
03-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time - some especially yummy meals too! A getaway for two sounds delightful. Now you can work on the plan for this summer with the kids! :mickey:

rkmemkc
03-05-2014, 01:20 PM
1. Stayed at All star movies, requested the last Mighty ducks building. This works out great because its across the street from the music bus stop and food court.

This is pretty cool...never thought of that!!
:mickey:

Thanks for the report...sounds like a great trip. Have fun in the summer!

faline
03-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Glad it all worked out for you and you had an enjoyable trip! Thanks for reporting back to us!!

SBETigg
03-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Sounds like a fun trip with some great dining! I'm glad the new FP/Magic Bands system worked out for you. Encouraging.

emerzmom
03-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Great trip! Thanks for sharing.
:tink:
Julie

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-12-2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks for sharing. Lately it seems all I see/hear are frustrated people venting about WDW and the changes (understandably so). Nice to know that things went smoothly for your family! :mickey:

vizsla
03-16-2014, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

CanadianWDWFan
03-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Thanks for posting your report!!

I too loved DiveQuest!

Melanie
03-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip! Couples trips are lots of fun.