PDA

View Full Version : Getting to parks for breakfast before parks open

special ed teacher
03-03-2014, 08:55 PM
How early does the boat from wilderness lodge and the bus transportation start? Also if I have an 8 o'clock reservation at a restaurant how early should I leave hotel. We have a reservation at MK and one at animal kingdom. Thanks.

faline
03-04-2014, 07:34 AM
I always plan one hour to get from point A to point B while at Disney World. Busses typically begin running at 7 a.m. The boat begins operating one hour before park opening. Depending on the time of your breakfast reservation, you might be best served to go via bus.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
03-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Same here. No matter which resort we are staying in we give it a good hour time to get from resort to dining location. What was really cool this past November trip is that we had a breakfast reservation at the Crystal Palace at 8:15 AM before the park opened. Walked in on Main Street and the guy who drives the small little fire truck up and down main street asked if we wanted a ride down to Crystal Palace. The family loved it.

Davy Crockett
03-05-2014, 11:58 AM
I always plan one hour to get from point A to point B while at Disney World. Busses typically begin running at 7 a.m. The boat begins operating one hour before park opening. Depending on the time of your breakfast reservation, you might be best served to go via bus.

Our experience from the WL is we've used the water launches for both first service character breakfast at Crystal Palace as well as Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary and had no trouble at all making our reservations as at that time in the AM very few people are using the boats unless they too have breakfast reservations. 10 to 15 minutes to get from WL to MK or the Contemporary and another 10 to 15 minutes to clear security and walk to the restaurant.

Hope you have a great time!

DKA041177
03-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I agree with the 1 hour rule of thumb. Given you are coming over from WL, that will probably give you more time to spare. However, I always like to be early!

disneynarula
03-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Agreed, always leave an hour. If you don't mind spending the money you can always take cab.