PDA

View Full Version : Changing Times for Dinner Reservations?

VacationDisney
03-03-2014, 12:47 PM
I have just made our dinner reservations for our upcoming WDW trip scheduled for August. We got everything we wanted...even BOG:thumbsup::blush:

My husband is attending a conference while we are there so there are 3 days that we'll not get passes for the parks. I have planned one day for me JUST to sit by the pool and RELAX. I've NEVER done that on a trip and actually looking forward to a do nothing day:thumbsup:

I think I may have to make our dinner reservations a little bit later than I have on the days we are not in the parks? Two of the days I have ressies at DTD and the other day at the GF! I did not take into consideration the end of the my husbands conference each day and his commute time back to the POP resort:mad: Plus I need to take into consideration the travel time from POP to our restaurants. Right now my husband says it's fine (the official timetable for the conference is not published yet) so he is thinking that we'll be able to make the 6:00 or 6:30 dinner reservations that I have made (for non-park days).

What are your thoughts? Maybe just sit tight?
Thanks everyone for your advice.

How difficult will this be? Do I keep the same ressie numbers or do they give you a new one?

Strmchsr
03-03-2014, 01:20 PM
If you change your time it becomes a whole new reservation. You have to cancel the old time and get the new one, so it's a completely different reservation number.

Gator
03-03-2014, 01:34 PM
I would bump them down just a little. It's not hard, though. Go online, make the new reservation first for an hour later, then cancel the old reservation. Easy:mickey:

VacationDisney
03-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Follow up to my original question:

I ended up calling dinner reservations, today, and changing the times for our dinners that are not in the parks (due to husbands conference). I DID get to keep my original reservation numbers:thumbsup:.

Everything worked out fine. Thanks for your input and help!