PDA

View Full Version : What "Shops" do you frequent when you are at WDW?

bunch
02-28-2014, 10:25 PM
I have to admit, when I'm at Disney as soon as our gang goes through the MK park entry, we head for the Castle (oooooo...the Castle) and then the rides and shows! I never seem to give the "Shops" any of my time. The next time I go, I'm going to saunter more and really explore these shops. What is your favourite and which would you suggest visiting? Are there secret shops?

Middle of the Map
02-28-2014, 11:30 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

I went through MK two years ago and found that most of the shops carry the same things. There aren't many unique shops left. At least I never noticed any.

kakn7294
03-01-2014, 01:34 AM
In the MK, I LOVE Uptown Jewelers. I also love the Emporium as it seems to carry a little bit of everything.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-01-2014, 07:42 AM
We like MouseGear (in Epcot) the best. It has a large selection of everything, and seems to have more options (sizes, colours) than some of the other locations.

We also love the store at POR and DD loves shopping in the Mexico pavilion in World Showcase.

Maggie T
03-01-2014, 07:54 AM
We kind of hit them all at MK and Epcot. Love the Christmas shop in MK the best.

Melanie
03-01-2014, 08:57 AM
MouseGear at Epcot is my all time favorite. Like Heather said, it's got a little bit of everything.

At Magic Kingdom, I always hit Uptown Jewelers and love the Christmas store in Liberty Square.

In DTD, I always like seeing the edgier stuff at TrenD.

At the resorts, the gift shop at the Contemporary is my favorite.

buzznwoodysmom
03-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Another fan of Mousegears here. It's the first place that comes to mind when I think of shops in Disney.

We enjoy finding unique non Disney items in WS. Seems we always find something new and interesting.

Uptown jewelers in MK. All of the Christmas shops. As far as resort shops, Contemporary is my favorite, but I also like the shops at the Poly and GF. TrenD and the kitchen shop are the ones we most frequent at DTD.

TinkerbellT421
03-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Mouse gears, world of disney, christmas store in downtown disney. We usually spend time sauntering through all the stores but those are my most dos for shopping. And always make time to go through the countries stores in Epcot world showcase. Love them, they always have different non disney miscellaneous items that are awesome!

LVT
03-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Epcot has a nice sized MouseGear. I also frequent the lego store in downtown disney. If I find a toy store with the Mr. Potatoe head parts, I look for new feet etc. At Holloween I use the parts on potatoes and small gourds to make weird diorama. (Thanks to whomever started this and said it on this forum).:D

SBETigg
03-01-2014, 05:43 PM
MouseGear. Main Street Shops. All the WS shops. I do like to hit the Polynesian's gift shops. And always Basin White at the Grand Floridian.

SandmanGStefani24
03-02-2014, 02:32 PM
another vote for MouseGear here.

Actually, all of the World Showcase shops are a hit for me. I can't pass by one without stopping in.

But one of my all time faves has to be Camera Center. I always take something home from there, and it's always the last stop, or next to last stop for me when I end my WDW trips. (usually it's Spaceship Earth)

biggins
03-03-2014, 08:47 AM
As others have said I agree that mousegear in epcot is one of the biggest with a great variety. I have also found different things in Hollywood studios stores than I have in other parks, they have a great villain's shop there. I am a huge fan of the world showcase shops.. I am guilty of buying more than one bottle of wine or perfume in the shops in france

i'm grumpy
03-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Love Rock Around the Shop and Tower Shops at DHS.

bunch
03-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Thanks a bunch to all that commented. :thumbsup: I'm really looking forward to this next trip. I plan to take my time and really explore everything the parks have to offer and also check out some of your favourite stores.

i'm grumpy
03-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Oh I forgot the Muppet Shop. :D

JerseyDad
03-11-2014, 05:54 PM
...we do most of our shopping in DtD ....so we always go to "Basin" ...and buy enough soap to last a year (seriously)

....we also hit some of the women's apparel stores that were in the Pleasure Island area ...because we made it a habit to do some back-to-school shopping for my youngest daughter ...and get a new back-pack. (of course ..this fall she'll be starting college ...so I think the back-pack is off the table)

...when in Epcot ....we always get some stuff in Mitsukoshi (Japan) ...because my daughter loves Japanese anime ...and thay have plenty of items to her liking.

Dragongirlx
03-12-2014, 04:38 AM
...we do most of our shopping in DtD ....so we always go to "Basin" ...and buy enough soap to last a year (seriously).

We do this too - wish there was a Basin in the UK.

SurferStitch
03-12-2014, 11:44 AM
We love the Art of Disny at Epcot/DTD/DHS.

We also never miss Disney Days of Christmas at DTD, as well as TrenD.

I never miss the chance to get some awesome makeup and perfume in the France shops as well. :cloud9:

texas211
03-15-2014, 08:45 PM
I second the MouseGears, the Mainstreet MK stores (especially the one that was the cinema), Downtown Disney xmas and world of disney.

But we also like the Art/Animation store at DD. They have some great pieces, and interesting park type items (like replica signs, etc).

joonyer
03-16-2014, 06:10 PM
We always visit the Disney Christmas shop in DTD. It's our favorite. Ornaments galore!

EeyoresBestFriend
04-27-2014, 11:55 AM
We love the Art of Disny at Epcot/DTD/DHS.

We also never miss Disney Days of Christmas at DTD. :cloud9:

Same for us. The Animation studio (DHS) and the Gallery (DTD) are bad places for our credit cards as is The Christmas store. Mousegears (Epcot) is always a favourite too.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-27-2014, 10:27 PM
I am always after Dooney and Bourke or Harveys purses and wallets, so I love Uptown Jewellers at the MK and Summer Sands in the GF (I think that's what it's called). We tend to look at all the shops and make a list. Then a day or two before we leave we go to World of Disney in Downtown Disney and buy it all. We book our trip with CAA (the Canadian version of AAA) so we get the AAA Diamond card for 10% off any purchase over $75. It helps!

azcavalier
05-08-2014, 09:54 AM
As i'm reading these posts, i'm like, "Yep. Yep. Yeah, we do that one too. Yep. Yep. Oh yeah, love that one. Yep."

I'm going to try to break them down by park, and post only our favorites. And, sad to say that even after coming to WDW at least once a year for the last 12 years or so, I still don't know the names of some of the shops.

MK - The jewelry store on the right side of main street as you head in to the park. It also carries Jim Shore figurines, but it's not the Art of Disney store. Also, the Emporium. But only on the way out.

Epcot - Art of Disney, MouseGear, Japan (Mitsukoshi) and Mexico pavilion shops.

DHS - Sunset Club Couture, Tatooine Traders.

AK - Disney Outfitters

DTD - World of Disney (obviously!), Team Mickey, LEGO store, Once Upon a Christmas

And, of course, every single resort we've ever stayed at, and many we haven't...such as the Polynesian. But we love the POR shop, and the Contemporary's was pretty sweet as well.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-12-2014, 03:59 PM
We love shopping at Disney, Oh my where to start:

DTD:

We always begin our trip in DTD and shop at World of Disney and the Christmas store which is huge. I find that the World of Disney has the best selection and prices for those generic souveniers like key chains, mugs etc....and the Christmas store we always pick up our ornaments there.

DHS:

Really love the big open shop near the Backlot tour, it sometimes has the larger size t-shirts-also the store near the muppets show has some stuff you won't find anywhere else.

AK-there are some shops that have walking sticks and other African themed merchandise you won't get in other parks.

MK-Love the Emporium

Epcot-Probably my favorite place to shop is World Showcase-you find neat country specific items-one of my favorites is the tea shop in the UK and can't forget to pick up wine in the different countries, France, Italy, Germany etc...

As others have said Mousegears in FW Epcot has a huge selection of DW apparel, that's where I found my favorite t-shirt last trip.

And don't forget the resorts, the Deluxe's tend to have resort unique items...we scored a really cute apron for my aunt last trip at the Wilderness Lodge...

disneynarula
05-19-2014, 10:53 AM
We are not big shoppers. We usually only buy a frame and a magnet for the fridge. DH loves to take pictures and those are our favorite souvenirs I make a photo book when we get home. This year I bought the photo pass since I think the ride photos might be fun to have.

Lakin
05-20-2014, 01:12 PM
My mom and I frequent MouseGear, World of Disney, TrenD, and the Muppet shop.

ANG
05-21-2014, 05:51 PM
We love to check out all the pin shops in each park and DD. And I think Big Top Souvenirs in MK is fun.

TheVBs
05-22-2014, 07:56 AM
We often end up in the same scenario as the OP. We pass by the shops earlier in the day so that we can hit the rides and do other things, and say we'll browse on the way out. But we inevitably stay until we're all too tired to shop and pass right by them on our way to the bus. We sometimes do DTD, but not always. Probably the shop that gets most of our attention is the one at our resort. Having stayed at AoA the last couple of times, I have to say that I'm really impressed with the size and variety of the gift shop there!

RBrooksC
05-29-2014, 08:49 AM
I love going into the resort shops to see what items they have.

I love World Showcase but many times, items there that I like are well outside what I want to spend.

My wife and I love Basin and the kitchen store at DTD.

My problem with "Shops" is that most shops have the same exact thing as another shop. Which is fine because not everybody goes to every park, every day.

But it does mean that Mousegears has the same as the Emporium, as The World of Disney.

i'm grumpy
05-29-2014, 01:26 PM
We often end up in the same scenario as the OP. We pass by the shops earlier in the day so that we can hit the rides and do other things, and say we'll browse on the way out. But we inevitably stay until we're all too tired to shop and pass right by them on our way to the bus. We sometimes do DTD, but not always. Probably the shop that gets most of our attention is the one at our resort. Having stayed at AoA the last couple of times, I have to say that I'm really impressed with the size and variety of the gift shop there!
Yes and DTD gets so crowded. :eek:

Friend of Figment
06-01-2014, 01:33 PM
If you need plus sizes, I have had the best luck at Keystone Klothiers (in HW studios), Mouse Gears and World of Disney (in that order).

AvonleaCF
06-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Mousegears at Epcot and World of Disney at Downtown for Disney-related stuff.

The department store in Japan is one of my favorites for unique and fun items. Last time I bought cute little dishes and chopsticks for sushi nights. I also love all the stationary and notebooks there.

I, too, have found most of the shops carry the same stuff. One might have a theme, like Winnie the Pooh after the ride, but everything they have there they have at World of Disney.

That said, I tend to go through my resort's gift shop many times throughout my stay just cause I like to browse around.