PDA

View Full Version : 'Rock Your Disney Side' at Latest All Night Bi-Coastal Event

Melanie
02-28-2014, 10:41 AM
From the Disney Blog:

Earlier this morning, we shared a tweet that truly featured 140 characters to officially announce the latest Disney Parks bicoastal, All-Night Extravaganza on Memorial Day Weekend – the traditional start of the family travel season. Our “Rock Your Disney Side Party” will be a fun-filled 24-hour event at both Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

For the Ultimate Tweet, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and 135 of their friends gathered at Magic Kingdom Park and formed the familiar shape of a hashtag. The 140 characters then invited you and your family to “Rock Your Disney Side” during a 24-hour party to kick off summer.

At this year’s All-Night Extravaganza, everyone is being invited to show their “Disney Side” by dressing as a favorite Disney hero or villain. The Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park in California will be filled with Disney heroes and villains from 6 a.m., May 23 to 6 a.m., May 24, 2014, local time.

The celebration on both coasts will feature a cavalcade of events showcasing the good-vs.-evil of classic Disney stories including character meet-and-greets throughout the parks, special entertainment, event merchandise and special food and beverage offerings.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog and rockyourdisneyside.com for more details and information as we get closer to the All-Night Extravaganza on May 23.

Aurora
02-28-2014, 10:58 AM
I really hope they have all the crowd-control nightmares from past 24-hour events figured out by then! :eek:

Melanie
02-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Looks very cool, but why, oh why, not 2 parks in Florida?

AgentC
02-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Looks very cool, but why, oh why, not 2 parks in Florida?

Maybe it's not as convenient because of the park locations? But I agree it would be very cool to say have MK and Epcot doing it.

Chances are , crowded or not, we'll end up there.

Melanie
02-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Chances are , crowded or not, we'll end up there.

You can't break your streak! Remember, I was your first though. LOL! :D

AgentC
02-28-2014, 02:00 PM
You can't break your streak! Remember, I was your first though. LOL! :D

Always, Mel. And how will I ever forget hot dogs at 2 am? :eat:

Melanie
02-28-2014, 04:56 PM
Can I just say that the hashtag picture is really quite epic when you truly look at it.

BrerGnat
02-28-2014, 08:19 PM
That picture is pretty neat.

Sylvia
03-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Great photo. I'm spending time looking for all my favorite characters instead of sleeping. Good thing I don't have any pressing reason to wake up early tomorrow morning.:D

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

MNNHFLTX
03-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Cool pic! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
03-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Gotta hand it to the performers. I watched a few behind-the-scenes videos, and they all stay in character 100% of the time. Every movement has a purpose and is totally in-character. I love it! I think my favorite part was how Mickey played director and ran around to make sure everyone was in place for the photo.

Spaceship Tigger
03-01-2014, 08:58 PM
We were planning to go to MK that day for our usual opening to early afternoon time... can anyone tell me how crowded the MK will be early in the day? Does the place get packed from the get-go or does it not get crowded until later in the day?